See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [closed] DeltaGlider IV Public beta release  (Read 33216 times)

Offline Racecarlock

Reply #50 - 17 May 2007, 03:30:35
I love it, the debris the hard crash turning the DGIV into a burnt mess, it's all good. My only quirk is that I can't use
engineers and technicians to repair the craft incase of engine disabling crash.

Hovercraft left unattended will be vaporized. The white zone is for loading and unloading of life-forms only.

Offline Genesis

Reply #51 - 17 May 2007, 05:23:39
Um Dan...I just want to say...wow! and  Wow! and double wow!

I just installed your DG IV and, well, wow!  You really do good work!  Thank you and all the people that helped to bring us
this masterpiece of an add-on.  Did I say wow?

Thank you for making my day

Offline pile0nades

Reply #52 - 17 May 2007, 07:43:04

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

CTD when switching to ISS and back and press F8 after Acsent autopilot has completed.

Severity

CTD

Complete description

Open the Autopilot Ascent scenario and execute PRO903SPEC42 and wait until you're in orbit and the AP is finished. Switch to
the ISS in vessel select menu, switch back to DGIV which should now have the generic hud showing, press F8 to go back to the
2D panel, CTD.

Reproduce bug

Same as description.

Miscallenous

(If you have comments or something to add)

Offline lord wolf

Reply #53 - 17 May 2007, 08:08:31
great add-on dan cant wait to try it:beer:

Offline streb2001

Reply #54 - 17 May 2007, 08:48:17
DanSteph wrote:
streb2001 a écrit:
Random cabin sounds (clunks and whirring etc) are being played even though Random cabin
ambience
is unchecked in
OrbiterSound 3.5 config.
Miscallenous

Vessel can override soundconfig.exe it's the case here
solution: Delete random ambiance sound.

Dan

Why? Why give the user the option of disabling it if the vessel then overrides it? If a config setting is ignored the user
doesn't feel in control - this is the case for any software!

Post Edited ( 05-17-07 08:48 )

Offline thelostchild

Reply #55 - 17 May 2007, 08:49:57

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

When scrolling the bottom cockpit panel it doesn't stop when the bottom is reached and continues moving up

Severity

minor annoyance

Complete  description

See reproduce bug, it occurs on a clean install of orbiter with just OS 3.5 and DGIV installed

Reproduce bug

In any scenario switch to cockpit view then go to the lower panel and scroll it down (down arrow) it wont stop when the
bottom of the panel is reached

Miscallenous

A very minor bug, thankyou for DGIV :applause: it's a wonderful addon Dan

Offline Voyager

Reply #56 - 17 May 2007, 09:24:32
Dan already replied to this bug in a earlier Beta version, saying it was a Orbiter limitation and that it wont be fixed. And
if my memory serves me right, he said: "Just imagine there being a wide screen camera mfd or something simmilar below the
bottom pannel"

EDIT: ah memory did serve me right, i found Dan's reply in the beta 7 topic:

DanSteph wrote:
About scrolling "bug":

Orbiter limitation:
Either I stick it on top AND bottom and it will strech on computer that are more than 864 pixel height and it will look
unreadable and you'll have loss of perf (texture stretch), either I stick it only on top and you can scroll it this way.

Solution: don't scroll it or pretend you have a wide camera MFD on the bottom of screen ;)

Dan

Post Edited ( 05-17-07 09:29 )

Offline alrik

Reply #57 - 17 May 2007, 10:14:40
I reproduce the bug again, well do the next: (I have a fresh orbiter install)

Use the scn editor to put your deltaglider on europa PRO200SPEC8 to auto hover, go up a little, and next go down at -2m/s
take a look to the G's-meter during the land wow... it becames crazy.

About my hardware, I have a fast computer Intel duble core 2,13Ghz... with 2GB Ram and an ATI x1600 the framerate goes well
even under worst conditions.

I took a pic of my landing (Look at the G's):

Offline FetDaniel

Reply #58 - 17 May 2007, 15:58:42

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

Panel scaling in orbiter parameters creates two odd effects.

Severity

minor/serious, respectivly.

Complete  description

I'm using 1024 x 768 resolution on a laptop, and I have set panel scaling in orbiter parameters to 0.9, this leads two
wierd effects. (And probably more not found yet)
1. (minor) When retracting the top and bottom panel, (eg. pressing down arrow) the panel gets stretched and
warped and doesn't retract untill fully moved. I call it the "stuck and elastic effect".. ;) It is really a minor annoyance,
and probably more an Orbiter issue.

2. (severe) For a poor bugger like me without the ability to have a higher resolution on this computer, when scaling
the panel to exactly fit the screen (0.9 in orbiter parameters) The dynamic minihud to the right isn't displayed at all,
only two colorsful dots.

Reproduce bug

This is on a fresh installation of orbiter downloaded and made yesterday, only orbitersound 3.5 and DG IV installed.
Scenario editor, stock transx and orbitersound the only modules activated. 1024 x 768, 32 bit resolution.
computer is a HP nx6325 3500 AMD SEMPRON. 512 ram. Direct X 9 or higher.
If you can't reproduce it I will be more specific.

It happens on every scenario I've tried. When moving the top and bottom panel. And the mini hud doesn't show at all.

Miscallenous

Please comment on this issue. It is possible to use full scale panel, but it will be unnecessarily difficult to oversee all
functions on the panel. On old DG III the panel was smaller, and worked in my stationary computer on 864 x 1024
something, and that would haven't made the panel to big on the slightly lower 1024 x 768.
Not very many laptops support higher resolution. Mine is newly bought.

PS: Thanks alot for you great efforts on DGIV, it's in my eyes with orbitersound the greatest additions to orbiter ever
made. We owe you, and you certainly don't owe us. ;) :beer: :friend:
:wor: :wor: :wor: Really! THANKS! =) It really makes my orbiter experience unforgettable.

Best wishes,
// Daniel Högberg

Post Edited ( 05-17-07 16:04 )

Offline Nouzy

Reply #59 - 17 May 2007, 21:07:12
I have a question.  On the previous DGIII, HUD 5 was by default a HUD showing important max values that the ship
can handle.  This is not so on the DGIV.  I went to the HUDConfig, and I also opened up the HUDConfig of the DGIII,
trying to see what I should do to get this HUD working.  It seems that I have to manually punch in the values.  

My question is: are the values for the DGIII the same as the DGIV or are some different now?  I wouldn't want myself
looking at wrong values.  

I sure hope this wasn't written somewhere I forgot to read in the doc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Man I gotta love this site's wide array of smielies.

Offline sunshine135

• I fly by the seat of my pants!
Reply #60 - 17 May 2007, 21:30:42
Oh...Oh....I get to say it first.......READ THE DOC!!!!    ;)

A lot of time and effort was placed into the doc. Dan is fond of saying it is his least favorite part of doing any of the
work. The doc is too cool not to read....thus, READ THE DOC.

Cheers,

"Sun Dog"

Offline reto

Reply #61 - 17 May 2007, 22:19:35
----------------------------------------------------------------------
COPY ALL TEXT BELOW, REPLACE "()" BY YOUR TEXT AND POST IN BETA THREAD

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

Z-Buffer problem with hover/main engine smoke from certain angles.

Severity

very minor

Complete  description

When viewed from certain angles the hover-engine smoke overlaps the main-engine smoke.

Reproduce bug

Open kfc-flyby scneario, fire main engines, pause and take a look from 'behind' the ship ...

Miscallenous

I'm not completly sure that this is a DGIV-only problem and a general problem of orbiter.. :(

Offline MattNW

Reply #62 - 17 May 2007, 22:20:29
FetDaniel wrote:

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

Severity

Complete  description

I'm using 1024 x 768 resolution on a laptop, and I have set panel scaling in orbiter parameters to 0.9, this leads two
1. (minor) When retracting the top and bottom panel, (eg. pressing down arrow) the panel gets stretched and
warped and doesn't retract untill fully moved. I call it the "stuck and elastic effect".. ;) It is really a minor
annoyance,

2. (severe) For a poor bugger like me without the ability to have a higher resolution on this computer, when scaling
the panel to exactly fit the screen (0.9 in orbiter parameters) The dynamic minihud to the right isn't displayed at all,
only two colorsful dots.

Reproduce bug

This is on a fresh installation of orbiter downloaded and made yesterday, only orbitersound 3.5 and DG IV installed.
Scenario editor, stock transx and orbitersound the only modules activated. 1024 x 768, 32 bit resolution.

It happens on every scenario I've tried. When moving the top and bottom panel. And the mini hud doesn't show at all.

Miscallenous

Please comment on this issue. It is possible to use full scale panel, but it will be unnecessarily difficult to oversee all
functions on the panel. On old DG III the panel was smaller, and worked in my stationary computer on 864 x 1024
something, and that would haven't made the panel to big on the slightly lower 1024 x 768.

PS: Thanks alot for you great efforts on DGIV, it's in my eyes with orbitersound the greatest additions to orbiter ever
:wor: :wor: :wor: Really! THANKS! =) It really makes my orbiter experience unforgettable.

Best wishes,
// Daniel Högberg

I had both issues and reported them several versions back. Not much to do except set your panel scale to 1.00 or live without
the mini HUD and don't scroll your top and bottom panels. The panel stretching seems to be a limitation to the Orbiter
graphics engine since it's also present on the default Delta Glider and other ships with upper and lower panels. Maybe report
it on the Orbiter "Bug's" forum and Martin may fix it in the next Orbiter release.

PS Just curious, what video card to you have? Radeon 9600 Pro here. Since it wasn't widely reported I was just
thinking it may be video card specific.

Offline MattNW

Reply #63 - 17 May 2007, 22:44:31
reto wrote:

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

Z-Buffer problem with hover/main engine smoke from certain angles.

Severity

very minor

Complete  description

When viewed from certain angles the hover-engine smoke overlaps the main-engine smoke.

Reproduce bug

Open kfc-flyby scneario, fire main engines, pause and take a look from 'behind' the ship ...

Miscallenous

I'm not completly sure that this is a DGIV-only problem and a general problem of orbiter.. :(

It's also present in the defauld Delta Glider but much less noticeable. The DGIV has a darker colored smoke for the hover
engines. The default DG has white smoke for the main engines and hover engines. Edit in a default Delta Glider beside the
DGIV and you'll see the difference.

Offline reto

Reply #64 - 17 May 2007, 23:06:26
Alright, Matt, I tried to reproduce it with the normal delta glider, but there it's really less noticable...

The bug can be closed IMHO...

Offline sunshine135

• I fly by the seat of my pants!
Reply #65 - 17 May 2007, 23:45:24
reto wrote:
Alright, Matt, I tried to reproduce it with the normal delta glider, but there it's really less noticable...

The bug can be closed IMHO...

Dan may have an idea to fix this. We had this problem with the reentry heat shield effect in Beta 9, and Dan was able to
adjust the size of the shield to make it all but disappear.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I have has some funky things happen with the DGIV, UMmus, and Scenario Editor. I
pause to mention any of this as a bug, because I have been unable to reproduce it.

In one example, I accelerated the time three years ahead with the scenario editor, saved the scenario, and my Captain UMmu
just started going nuts. It was trying to get him to walk forward, and all of a sudden he started warping across Cape
Canaveral like Flash Gordon! I think it had something to do with the state he was in, because he kept flying more than
walking on Earth. I exited and reentered the scenario- no other problems.

Testing a few more things- I may have a bug to report yet.

Cheers,

"Sun Dog"

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #66 - 18 May 2007, 01:58:39
For any bugs related to sudden movement of a vessel, this may be the reason.
If there are two or more vessels with the same name in the scenario(ummus often do this), if one moves, the other
will move just the same.

-Nick

Offline Tachyon

Reply #67 - 18 May 2007, 05:13:51

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

Retro and hover doors with mains off line - sound fx stuck in loop.

Severity

minor

Complete  description

power off the main apu with retro doors open (or closed or auto).  actuate the retro door switch and the sound kicks
in and never stops.... function does complete when power is returned. Hover door switch does the same thing.

Reproduce bug

yep - everytime I tried it.

Miscallenous

All other displays go blank as expected. Shouldn't *all* indicator lights as well be dark since there is no power?

My god - it's full of stars !

Offline Tachyon

Reply #68 - 18 May 2007, 05:28:30

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

MFD's forget what mode I left them in.

Severity

minor

Complete  description

Particularly the Orbit display and the Map displays is where you can see this. Set the left hand MFD to orbit - mode
graphic only. Set right hand MFD to orbit - mode data only (for readability sake) then toggle to the lower or upper
panels then come back to the middle panel. The left hand MFD is now in the same mode as the right hand MFD. In the
map example ... Left MFD to map - mode normal (not zoomed) Right hand MFD to map - mode zoomed. Do the same
toggle to the upper or lower panel and come back to the middle panel. The left hand MFD will be in zoomed mode
same as the right hand MFD.

Reproduce bug

Yep - every time I try it.

Miscallenous

Mentioned this before several beta's ago ...

My god - it's full of stars !

Offline FetDaniel

Reply #69 - 18 May 2007, 10:46:13
MattNW wrote:
FetDaniel wrote:

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

Severity

Complete  description

warped and doesn't retract untill fully moved. I call it the "stuck and elastic effect".. ;) It is really
a minor
annoyance,

only two colorsful dots.

Reproduce bug

Miscallenous

Best wishes,
// Daniel Högberg

I had both issues and reported them several versions back. Not much to do except set your panel scale to 1.00 or
live without
the mini HUD and don't scroll your top and bottom panels. The panel stretching seems to be a limitation to the Orbiter
graphics engine since it's also present on the default Delta Glider and other ships with upper and lower panels.
Maybe report
it on the Orbiter "Bug's" forum and Martin may fix it in the next Orbiter release.

PS Just curious, what video card to you have? Radeon 9600 Pro here. Since it wasn't widely reported I was just
thinking it may be video card specific.

An ATI Radeon Xpress 1150. I think it is integrated.
(http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_14603_14624^14627,00.html )

(Btw.. I have to make a correction, my panel scaling was 0.8, not 0.9...)

Offline FetDaniel

Reply #70 - 18 May 2007, 11:03:40

DELTAGLIDERIV BUG

Short description:

Heart rate, BPM staying high after parachuting.

Severity

Very minor.

Complete  description

I am really unsure of this behaviour and I probably need further testing, but at two times now the BPM of a
passenger on the DG IV has been abnormaly high under certain circumstances.

I have an idea what could possibly cause this.
I have tried jetpacking to the skies and then paradropping. And I remember Dan has mentioned implementing higher
heart rate for the skydiver, and after landing the heart rate lowers(or does it when the parachute opens?), but when
going back into the deltaglider, the heart rate goes up again to normal peak levels, and doesn't go down.

Reproduce bug

1. Open the scenario DeltaGliderIV\Earth Scenery\ "Landed KCS departure to ISS"
Open the left or right turbopacks and drop one of them, EVA a passenger or pilot, put turbopack on back and fly to
your hearts content straight up.

2. Let loose the turbopack when it is empty and enable automatic parachute deployment. Wait...
3. After landing, simply go inside DG and look at the persons heart beat.

Miscallenous

I'm sorry for the vague descriptions, I am short of time and leaving for a trip without internet over the weekend, so I
just thought that I should tell, and if anybody has time you can test it and hopefully find it and be able to discuss it.
Otherwise I'll just fill in more later when I know more.

Offline MattNW

Reply #71 - 19 May 2007, 02:15:20
@FetDaniel

I installed the latest Catalyst drivers yesterday to see if I could resolve the panel and mini HUD problems and that didn't
work. Since both of us have an ATI card I wonder if it's an issue with the video card. Anyone else have an ATI card and
problems with the mini HUD showing data?

Offline aus_pilot

Reply #72 - 19 May 2007, 09:08:59
MattNW wrote:
@FetDaniel
I installed the latest Catalyst drivers yesterday to see if I could resolve the panel and mini HUD problems and that didn't
work. Since both of us have an ATI card I wonder if it's an issue with the video card. Anyone else have an ATI card and
problems with the mini HUD showing data?

I've got a 9600 Pro here and no troubles at all. However, I do remember reading somewhere that scaling wasn't
recommended, nor was high levels of AA or AF and I know if I enable either of  these I get issues with text anywhere in Orbiter.

Do you need launch facilities? Visit Ant  Aerospace at http://antaerospace.freehostia.com

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #73 - 19 May 2007, 21:22:52
FetDaniel a écrit:

Severity

Don't know why martin allowed panel scaling, as it mess
completelly the display most of time.

Reverse to 1.0 and sorry you'll have to scroll.

Dan

Message modifié ( 20-05-2007 00:56 )

Offline Pete

Reply #74 - 19 May 2007, 21:41:37
First: fantastic work Dan! (I´m an old DG3 fan!)

The following problem occured; It seems not to be an DGIV bug, but others have perhaps the same problem:

My computer:
P 4, 3Ghz, Cache: 1500 MB

Short description:

I´m burning up while using the reentry program Pro 105 SPEC 50

Severity

maior

Complete description

I´m using the level 10 textures of iceversaka - till now with no problems and acceptable framerates. During the
reentry close to the northamerican coast orbiter pauses for 5 seconds to load the large tiles from the harddisc. After
restarting to execute, the DGIV has changed his orientation from +50 to -50 and the autopilot starts immediately to
correct to the right orientation. Meanwhile the hull temperature increases fast and before the right orientation is
reached, the  DGIV is always burning up.

Reproduce bug

I did´nt try it till now, but i think the problem is depending from the large texture files.

Miscallenous

Is it necesserary to give up the good working "iceversaka files" while using the DGIV or is there another solution?