See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [closed] BETA7 of DeltaGliderIV  (Read 24854 times)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #50 - 14 April 2007, 00:24:47
I don't think anyway any auto-dock computer would try to play with several
ton mass that are close and take the shortcut in reality. Cargo fo ISS have
one but they are aligned long before docking and if they abort they restart
from far away.

About grappling it's Orbiter's limitation, seem logical.

Dan

Offline streb2001

Reply #51 - 14 April 2007, 00:28:20
DanSteph wrote:
Cargo fo ISS have
one but they are aligned long before docking and if they abort they restart
from far away.
Dan

I'll take that as the definitive answer. I'm happy with that!

Offline La brique volante

• Legend
Reply #52 - 14 April 2007, 17:13:11
L'éjection du Turbopack entraîne un CTD chez moi, dans n'importe quelle condition (au sol ou en vol)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #53 - 14 April 2007, 17:59:17
La brique volante a écrit:
L'éjection du Turbopack entraîne un CTD chez moi, dans n'importe quelle condition (au sol ou en vol)

Avec quel version ?

Dan

Offline g2g591

Reply #54 - 14 April 2007, 22:31:24
i just noticed that the temperature readings are different. The DG4 says its -154 and 3 of my crew on eva say its -273

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #55 - 14 April 2007, 22:36:38
Bug?: When UMMU dies, he doesn't fall down and if he had a parachute open, it stays in the position it was when he
died. Stuck a little open or fully open.

-Nick

Offline jgrillo2002

Reply #56 - 14 April 2007, 23:35:48
I know that you guys have beta 7 but as for me I have 6 :badsmile:. im guessing its my poor lack of viewing the site more
often. any chance that you may release beta 8 soon after this incident with hlfbldprce?

Offline Joe_BAR

Reply #57 - 15 April 2007, 00:08:05
Beta 7 miss me for same reason...

I found a little bug in with retro and hover doors, don't know if this corrected in B7.

In case : when Main bus is off and you turned one of those doors switches, the sounds start and never and till the main bus
get's power and the may open/close.

Canopy cannot be opened without being jammed in space even if there is no pressure inside cabin (pretty stupid I know but
aren't we testing everything ?? :lol:) Airlock cannot be depressurized neither even if cabin is at zero PSI (it should no No)

Regarding Ummu, when landed on the moon we cannot grab backpack with hand (I was trying to do something stupid, taking a
backpack on the back and the other on hand trying to reach orbit by myself... I know that's fun but not possible it seems)

Anyway gold clap dan... Great pleasure to test it, you done a real fantastic job

Offline MattNW

Reply #58 - 15 April 2007, 00:57:06
jgrillo2002 wrote:
I know that you guys have beta 7 but as for me I have 6 :badsmile:. im guessing its my poor lack of viewing the site more
often. any chance that you may release beta 8 soon after this incident with hlfbldprce?

You and I are in the same position. Out flying and looking for bugs instead of sneaking around posting beta links. Seems a
little immature to me and hlfbldprce's apology looks like one I'd expect from a 14 year old.

Now back to work. I PMed the this report to Dan last night. We had a storm coming and the power was acting wonky. It warmed
up today enough we aren't expecting a major ice storm. Now I'll post it here in case any of the other beta testers have had
or seen the same issue.

I posted a bug a while ago about the secondary HUD. I'm almost certain it's my monitor I'm using an LG Flattron Wide 22"
widescreen monitor and I tried out some other games and some of them have the same issue. I don't have a CRT to try it out
on. My old CRT seems to have completely given it up while in storage.

I've been testing some of the autopilots and so far nothing significant has shown up there.

Ejection seat: I tried a high altitude ejection. Crew ejected safely but I noticed that captain (me :) ) got shot way higher
than the rest of the crew (several kilometers). Captain's rocket on the ejection seat burns too long. It only needs to burn
long enough to clear the ship.

Offline jgrillo2002

Reply #59 - 15 April 2007, 02:48:45
well Im not immiture. I have very good reasons why I dont look often

Offline g2g591

Reply #60 - 15 April 2007, 04:25:19
i found that if you place two dg4s on the ground near each other (by using copy on ground location from in the scenario
editor) then docking them using the scenario editor after opening both of their  nose cones and airlocks, they both say bang
you undocked with the airlock open (etc) and both ships are sent flying into the air where they then explode within 10
seconds.
well i'm tired. goodnight (10pm my time)

Post Edited ( 04-15-07 04:51 )

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #61 - 15 April 2007, 04:31:11
g2g591 a écrit:
i found that if you place two dg4s on the ground near each other (by using copy on ground location from in the
scenario
editor) then docking them using the scenario editor after opening both of their  nose cones and airlocks, they both
say bang
you undocked with the airlock open (etc) and both ships are sent flying into the air where they then explode within 10
seconds. i made a video here's the link: (will add in less than 5min or so)

Orbiter's bug...

Dan

Offline g2g591

Reply #62 - 15 April 2007, 04:49:41
ah. but still a major bug :)
edit: hmm i do remember puting the iss on the ground then docking everything in the scenario (luna wheel, mir, and 2 shuttlePBs or shuttlea (cant remember which is which) to it with no apparent bugs though....

Post Edited ( 04-15-07 04:58 )

Offline MattNW

Reply #63 - 15 April 2007, 04:51:57
jgrillo2002 wrote:

Actually I was talking about posting beta links as being immature. :)

@g2g591

That's an old Orbiter bug. You can't dock two structures on the ground. DGIV explodes so it's just more spectacular but two
default DGs will get flung out of Earth orbit. You usually end up going some crazy speed or crash directly into the Sun.

Ejection seat definately needs looked at. I let it run and Captain Matt is now on a trip into deep space. After ejecting at 8 kilometers I'm currently at 1.4M and still going. 8o I'll send you all a post card. The rest of the crew is safely on the
ground trying to organize a rescue mission or arguing over who gets the captain's slot on the next mission. :help: :)

EDIT: Ejection seat error cleared. I had Orbiter set for unlimited fuel from another scenario.

PS: Crash effects are beautiful.

Post Edited ( 04-15-07 06:47 )

Offline g2g591

Reply #64 - 15 April 2007, 04:54:30
i agree, it is very spectacular to watch :) . the first time i actually managed to eject one of the ships before it exploded
and saved my captain. oh and about the sun, once i landed a dg3 on it just to see what would happen. (nothing)

Post Edited ( 04-15-07 05:01 )

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #65 - 15 April 2007, 05:13:49
g2g591 a écrit:
i agree, it is very spectacular to watch :) . the first time i actually managed to eject one of the ships before it exploded
and saved my captain. oh and about the sun, once i landed a dg3 on it just to see what would happen. (nothing)

Mhhhhh why not adding this... !??? temp C° increase and then "kaboooom"
A rare case but beauty is in details ;)

Dan

Offline jgrillo2002

Reply #66 - 15 April 2007, 05:59:13
MattNW wrote:
jgrillo2002 wrote:

Actually I was talking about posting beta links as being immature. :)

lol. now why would I be that stupid. its his addon and his rules and we must follow them. Dan. we are with you all
the way

Offline jgrillo2002

Reply #67 - 15 April 2007, 07:46:35
I know its you hlfbldprnc. keep going and you will be arrested

Offline willy88

Reply #68 - 15 April 2007, 07:50:07
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

_________

Offline jgrillo2002

Reply #69 - 15 April 2007, 08:09:41
its just a post. it will be deleted soon enough

Offline killingsnake

Reply #70 - 15 April 2007, 09:09:30
willy88 wrote:
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

:applause: Good one lol :)

Offline g2g591

Reply #71 - 15 April 2007, 21:10:23
minor typo-error message when trying to eject without seatbelt: "Crew do no wear spacesuits" should be "Crew are not wearing
spacesuits"

Offline willy88

Reply #72 - 15 April 2007, 22:58:00
When you scroll down from the bottom panel you get this:

The bottom panel clips off and you can see through.

_________

Offline La brique volante

• Legend
Reply #73 - 16 April 2007, 14:48:42
A propos du souçis de CTD que j'avais quand j'éjectais les turbopack, c'est résolu en téléchargeant la dernière Beta.
Pas d'autres bugs à noter. Je vais encore faire un petit tour en orbite tester les EVA. Tout semble OK.

Offline FetDaniel

Reply #74 - 16 April 2007, 16:12:28
willy88 wrote:
When you scroll down from the bottom panel you get this:

The bottom panel clips off and you can see through.

--- Argument for rule violation.
Even if  this remark is in violation with Dans wishes(I'm not member of beta crew), which I respect. I believe
thoughtful agency outside rules can be beneficial.. But it is up to Dan wether I will deserve a good spanking.. ;P
Remember Rosseau, on the farmer and the savage! ;) :sage:

--- Background
Since this problem was just recently adressed I presume it still exists in the newest beta, which I don't have.
Although my main reason for this message is that I found it in one of the old betas, (I think it's three or two) that I'm
using, and I found it long ago, believing it would be adressed, since it was so obvious. But I was wrong. Stupid me for
not commenting and helping with beta. Anyway..

--- On topic bug description
This problem also occurs on my setup, and it seems like the image of the lower panel can be scrolled much to far. I
use 864*1152 16bits resolution. My first guess is that it was an overlooked simple issue? I hope you feel it's
important enough to be fixed.

--- Praise
You beta guys do a wonderful work, and endless praise to Dan the man! =) Dg3 never ceases to be top of the line
outstanding in design, fun and bugfreeness. :wor: