See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Orbiter Solar Nations II  (Read 38347 times)

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #50 - 20 March 2005, 05:35:48
Anyway, I seem to have beaten the router into submission.
The URL is:  http://travisserv.servegame.com:81/modules/forum/index.php
Port 80 might also work, but for now the forum is set up for port 81.
If there are any issues with the fourm, please let me know here or on the forum.

The old OSN site is back up (for the time being) but I will be taking it down eventually. For now, use it to test port 80
( http://travisserv.servegame.com/index.php ) and give me the results.

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #51 - 20 March 2005, 09:02:29
The forum seems to work, but I can't post anything. Either I've lost the button or it hasn't been fully reactivated yet.

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #52 - 20 March 2005, 09:46:40
'Tis what I feared.
Before shutting it down I turned off posting permissions. Thought I had fixed everything, but guess not. Does this include posting new
topics?
I may have simply forgotten to unlock the topics... :pfff:

EDIT: Double checked permissions and unlocked topics.
Everything should wortk now... *crosses fingers*
If problems are still encountered, please post screenshots, more specifically of the areas of the page that list your permissions and any error messages encountered. TIA (Thanks In Advance)

Also there is an IRC chat for OSN. I will bo posting info on this in the forum soon.

Post Edited ( 03-20-05 10:00 )

Offline MadMike

Reply #53 - 20 March 2005, 21:00:57
Hi Travis

logged into the site
seems ok
looks like I was still the last logged on before you shut down??

madMike

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #54 - 20 March 2005, 23:23:07
You may have been, depending on what you session length was set to ("forever" comes to mind...). Although, you were also the
newest member to register, so you may have been fooled by that line.

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #55 - 20 March 2005, 23:24:01
Oh ya, and... *pokes Doc* Doc, update the link.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #56 - 21 March 2005, 08:23:20
Done. Glad you're back. I sort of ran out of ideas for the OSN site and I need a second opinion on how to move it on.  
It's been rather quiet there lately. I haven't done anything new over the weekend, but for previous changes check
my Status Reports on the site.

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline MadMike

Reply #57 - 24 March 2005, 16:37:34
Hi Gang
Back Home ( for 2 months)

Galactic Federation III now has a Web Site " http://www.angelfire.com/space2/fedex3 "
not so bright at the moment , Its my first try at this so you will have to try not to snigger while I get it into shape
Its done in FrontPage ( I Know........ Microsoft again )
You can always send me some of your ideas

There will be adds ( they say not so much......!!) but to start I took a free host,  I could have used my ADSL provider
without adds but I tried 4 times with 4 different web constructors and they  were all refused, or did not work
properly, like with FrontPage ( no pictures on the page, just place holders !! ) and contacting them just got no answer

Anyway I shall now start to put the FedEx-III bases and ships into zip folders and shove them up on the web so
anyone can download them. Hope to get this done next week, but after 2 months away from home the little wife
expects some attention,  

rgds
MadMike

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #58 - 25 March 2005, 01:48:28
For those attempting to access or use the OSN Forum, you may have noticed that it was down for several hours today (perhaps
as long as 12-18 hours). This was due to the wireless router being unplugged for one reason or another. While this is likely
to occasionally happen, it does not mean that the forum is down permanently. Just wait and it will return.
The forum is back up BTW.

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #59 - 03 April 2005, 13:50:17
*a loud CRASH is heard with various accompanying clatterings and bangs from shards, etc.*
Well, the Official OSN Forum which I used to run has come crashing down. Though there was no actual damage to the forum
itself or the data in the database the forum is down. It is going to remain so for an undetermined amount of time.

What happened, you ask?
I got tired of the crappy Linksys router freezing and disconnecting all the wireless clients :grr: (of which my desktop, the
server for the OSN Forum, is one). Not sure if it's the crappy Linksys router, or the crappy Toshiba cable modem providing
our internet access. Don't care. This didn't start happening until I started serving here (that I noticed...), so, the answer
is simple, stop serving...

The forum will return when I have a more stable internet connection...:grr:

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #60 - 04 April 2005, 09:44:12
(to help keep things in order, I'll mention that dan had previously declared war on the whole solar system in another
thread, so Now I'll repost my last post in that thread so we can be clear as to what happened. this way it'll be easier
to continue from this point. if doc thinks it best to delete the original post in the other thread, he has my permission.)

Alert!!

ABC warships have fired on and destroyed the Venusian installation mining installation within the Asteroid belt closest
to Mars! all hands were lost.

Reports are sketchy at the moment, but the fleet responsible has been confirmed to be heading toward the inner
solar system.

below is the last image available before communication was lost.

Venus has immediately declared war against the ABC, and is currently lobbying the other major powers of the solar
system to join in thier noble cause of stopping the menace to peace.

Also, venus has also enacted the policy of changing the name of the famous asteroid belt confederatio
brand "beer of the stars"

It is now to be called "freedom beer"

---End communique

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #61 - 04 April 2005, 12:27:53
A mining installation? A MINING installation?!

According to my sources, THAT was a spy satellite and it wasn't even IN the Asteroid Belt, but almost in orbit of Mars.
So I see no reason to declare war on ABC on account of them curbing Venereal greedy intents. So although not the
most diplomatic way of going about it I think they acted in the best interests of the Solar System... or at least those
of Mars.

- EOM -

*sips some beer* "Freedom beer".. pffft

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #62 - 04 April 2005, 12:54:52
Oh, wise and tolerant leader of mars. you do realize that it was orbiting Siwa. there were all the mining
shipments you MUST have seen coming and going for the past years, right? Furthermore, of the few espionage-
related gizmos on that base, they were all pointed torwards ceres. Geez...

what are you going to do when that fleet starts bombarding Mars, hmmm. Venusian forces are on full recall. we won't
be able to respond when GSI HQ turns into a glass crater by errant ABC hands... :pfff:

Post Edited ( 04-04-05 12:57 )

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #63 - 04 April 2005, 14:59:38
to help keep things in order, I'll mention that dan had previously declared war on the whole solar system in another
thread, so Now I'll repost my last post in that thread so we can be clear as to what happened. this way it'll be easier
to continue from this point. if doc thinks it best to delete the original post in the other thread, he has my
permission.)

Where is that thread?

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #64 - 04 April 2005, 15:15:32
Nevermid, I found it ;)

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #65 - 04 April 2005, 21:55:40
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

To: all Solar Nation members

An ABC ship was sighted near Titan.
A Vespucci-class cruiser was identificated. It's unknown how many armored DGIII's was carried by it.
The Titanian government is concerned about the recent development of the political relations in the Sol system and
appeals for keeping freedom and peace for all.

The Titanian Government

END OF TRANSMISSION

Cheers,

McBrain

----------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #66 - 04 April 2005, 23:05:39
Newsflash!

Venusian War machine fully recalled.

The Venusian fleet has been fully assembled at Venus, having abandoned trade route patrols and other lesser
commitments in preparation for the imminent attack on venus from the ABC.

Once again Venus petitions the nations of the solar system to acknowledge the acts of treachery the ABC has
committed and force the current conflict into a peaceful solution. if one ship was sighted passing titan, who knows
how more can be on the way to conquer the whole outter solar system as well?

Lord Freespace2dotcom was quoted as saying:

"if things do not return to the status quo quickly, Venus will have no choice but to fight back with a ferocity unseen for
generations."

End TX

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #67 - 05 April 2005, 03:19:32
Woah, hold it. The only way to resolve this conflict is to investigate it's cause, and make a JOINT descision on what steps
should be taken. I say call in the UP.

Comrade Atom

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #68 - 05 April 2005, 03:35:58
:lol: This will get interesting :)

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #69 - 05 April 2005, 05:37:48
[sarcasm] Oh, great. [/sarcasm]

Now we're going to spend excessive amounts of time trying to determine *WHY* the ABC is running around
slaughtering everything in it's path.

One might as well surrender them then. :doubt:

We wil respect the wishes of the solar community by not engaging the despicable ABC's, (that just sounds wrong,
doesn't it, it's like the alphabet whenever I type that. ;))

but KNOW this. we will not sit idly by twiddling our thumbs while venusian lives and interests are at stake. we are not
a UP member nation, therefore you may NOT wrap us around your middle finger.

Should there be an direct attack on venus, we will begin attacking. that is final.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #70 - 05 April 2005, 06:22:40
Well, we don't have a UP president, so I will speak in the name of Mars as usual.

We do agree you have full right to protect your territories and will also to the best extent provide assistance, should you
ask for it. However we will not watch Venereal (hehe, Im rubbing it in) forces invade the territories of ABC or those ABC may
conquer (if at all). Should this occur, we shall immediatelly demand you withdraw from those territories into neutral space.
There are other means of pressure available, such as economics embargo, military blockades and diplomatic pressures, that
need to be used before we start wasting lives... My own military staff looks down upon me as I say this, but military types
are always happy to count casualties.

As for the reasons, I do believe Comrade Atom was referring to the possibility the ABC's attack may have been motivated by
completely different reasons than one would surmise at first glance. I believe this may be very relevant in this crisis, but
I am also against using exessive resources and time to investigate them. I believe a joint intelligence effort should be
focused on ABC and relevant findings shared for the common good of the solar system.

We are currently dispatching probes to high Mars orbits, since we are probably closest to the ABC (as is the Jovian system)
to see what we can ascertain. Preliminary reports indicate this was a one-time attack as there are no indications of a
massive military buildup or... weapons of mass destruction being deployed into firing range. It is however common knowledge
that the leader of ABC is mentally unstable, and his military is based heavily on mobility and rapid deployment doctrines, so
nothing is certain.

- EOM -

~~~

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #71 - 05 April 2005, 14:25:40
From Earth Broadcasting Channel news:
After ABC declared war to the solar system, alarming movements of ABC military forces were detected.
SDL Space Enterprise's press office hasn't released any official declaration yet, although it is known that Lord She'Da'Lier
will try to solve the problem diplomatically. Nevertheless, full mobilisation of Lunar Militay Forces was called. Governor of
Moon comments it this way: "We don't doubt our great leader's diplomatical abilities, but we have to be prepared for the
worst". Also, we expect SDLSE to introduce embargo on ABC.
Goverment of Earth "stays neutral as usual but it's ready to defend it's colonies".

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #72 - 05 April 2005, 15:47:09
The Europan military is, as usual, ready to respond to any threat directed towards the Jovian system. Although the Europan
people are not willing to get involved in a war. The ESR will take a defensive role in any conflict that may occur, as
decided by the inhabitants of the Jovian system.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline MadMike

Reply #73 - 05 April 2005, 19:10:02
Press Release to all Solar Nations

++++++++++++

The Galactic Federation III has stopped its fleet from taking up Mars Orbit for the protection of the women and children
onboard, the 3 Agamemnon heavy cruisers have recived instructions 2 to stand by to assist in any way against furher agression
by ABC forces the remaining 1 to stay with the Federation Fleet.

The Federation strongly protests to ABC leaders and requests that they imediatly send a delegation to explain their reasons
for their attack which must be supported with evidence.

In the mean time Federation Companys will not engage in and comerce with ABC untill this matter is settled to the
satisfaction of all.

The Federation calls on all Solar Nations to stop all trade with ABC and to prepare to take offensive action against them if
further acts of agression become evident.

The Federation will give support to any nation requiring aid against hostile acts by third parties

++++++++++++

President MadMike
Galactic Federation III

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #74 - 05 April 2005, 19:32:32
### INCOMING TRANSMISSION ###
Origin: Moon, Earth system
To: All OSN
Official message to all nations.
We urge to call UP meeting involving Asteroid Belt Confederatio. We want peace for all the solar system, although we are
prepared to defend and counter-strike. All trades with ABC are stopped until solution of the conflict. We appeal to other
nations to do the same.
Additionaly works on new weapons will be accelarated.
### TRANSMITION TERMINATED ###