See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Orbiter Solar Nations II  (Read 38348 times)

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #125 - 13 April 2005, 14:16:50
Hey MadMike, your cannon doesn't seem to be operational. Anyway you define it as a weapon. I don't think alpha particles are
healthy anyway, UP commision should look into this. Where have you got few-kilometers size cannon in such a short time?
And what you see isn't laser, but proton cannon. And the flame is only exhaust, it has much higher range.
I suggest getting this weapon away of my beautiful moon's orbit if you don't want to see it suddenly exlpode soon.

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #126 - 13 April 2005, 14:20:44
OOC: What about a new OSN thread? This thread seems to be quite full! :)

Cheers,

McBrain

----------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Offline MadMike

Reply #127 - 13 April 2005, 17:22:02
She_Da_Lier wrote:
Hey MadMike, your cannon doesn't seem to be operational. Anyway you define it as a weapon. I don't think alpha particles are
healthy anyway, UP commision should look into this. Where have you got few-kilometers size cannon in such a short time?
And what you see isn't laser, but proton cannon. And the flame is only exhaust, it has much higher range.
I suggest getting this weapon away of my beautiful moon's orbit if you don't want to see it suddenly exlpode soon.

Hi She.
Ok the Cannon is off one of my armed freighters, It has 2 of them on rotating turretts, I just pulled one off and enlarged it
somwhat ( the nozzel is only 10mtrs on the ship)  just for fun, in responce to our light harted banter, and then warped it to
the Moon with RedShift, and pulled the orbit in and took a screen shot, and posted it in my web gallery, but dont
underestimate the machinery the the Federation have, The 2 months I  was away on the ship working I spent maybe 7 hours a day
building all kinds of equipment to use in OSN for the Federation, the idear was to introduce it over a period of time, same
with the ships ( 15 different ones on the drawing board in various stages of completion) its not so difficult because I
developed a standard hull class and can just resize it and fit it out according to it purpose.

======

With regard to ships warp factors, I agree we need some kind of MFD to transport the ships from 1 planet to the next,
otherwise interaction would be impossible, but it must not advance the time clock in Orbiter otherwise we would all be lost
it sould also take a small amount of real time so that the further the distance required to travel the longer it should take
in real time,  ( say half hour of real time for Earth/Jupiter voyage) or something along those lines,
kick it around the gang and see what comes out....!!

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #128 - 13 April 2005, 20:07:42
Well, seems like we'll have a little arms race here. I'm preparing something big but hush ;)

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline MadMike

Reply #129 - 14 April 2005, 01:09:06
Ho Ho HOoooooo
But then every ones preparing something, and it's always Hush Hush
and even if they wasn't , they will be now.
problem is that with Orbiter and no collision detection it's always slightly silly.

with regards to detection
I am not a programer, well not in C++ anyway
I have a diplome in Cobal,  and I played around with assembler and pascal along time ago
but I was just thinking the other day

In Orbiter when you close in and dock with another ship or object, the system is tracking the docking position
and when you arrive it says bingo got you fast.

Well to me thats just another way of spelling collision detection

Now reading the manual with regard to programing in C++ meshes are loaded in and out depending on a predefined distance, with
the constructor and the detructor class calls

well a clever person should be able to write a C++ add on (ddl)
so that say a missile could home in on a target, same as Redshift does with its launch align and dock auto system
and when the nose of the missile arrives say within 20 mtrs of the docking position bingo
you call the destructor for the target , and the missile, at the same time call the constructor for an explosion mesh, you
can call and destroy this several times very quick to give realisem,
so now we have deleted the tarket/missile and explosion,    EMPTY SPACE

INSTANT WAR POSIBILITYS ?????????

« Last Edit: 14 April 2005, 03:44:36 by MadMike »

Offline oli_chose123

Reply #130 - 14 April 2005, 03:44:36
would be cool
i would also like scanners, so you cant detect ships far away

also, cities on planets, that you could destroy...

« Last Edit: 14 April 2005, 03:44:36 by oli_chose123 »