See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Off-Topic] GUPT VII  (Read 48313 times)

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #75 - 01 January 2005, 23:20:52
Krytom wrote:
http://custurd.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/

This flash movie is winning against the BadgerBadgerBadger toon so I thought that it must be better. I admit it is
quite good, but it would probably be more funny to people older than me.

being 20 years of  age myself, It sure did remind me of the games of the NES. I got my hands on a famicom, and I'm
determined to hunt down the better games from that generation. (which were after the ones shown in that song, yet
just as good I'm sure.)

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #76 - 02 January 2005, 02:06:48
It is official, I have to move the site. I will not be able to coax my ISP to let me run a web server (or, technically, any
server). Am looking for free web hosting with PHP and PHP-Nuke. Can work with non-PHP stuff, so long as message boards and
file upload/download capability. Currently the site can still be accessed at: http://travisserv.servegame.com:82/index.php
Port 444 is also open.
No telling how long it will take my ISP to note my use of those ports and block them.

Offline UAF_Lt_Brenton

Reply #77 - 02 January 2005, 20:19:00
Freespace - Don't make war on me. GUPT VIII has been baleeted, along with my "GUPT VII is dead" post.  You're
right - I'll let someone else make GUPT VIII

================
LtBrenton

:hot: "Sir, we have a smiley blocking engine 3..."

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #78 - 02 January 2005, 20:42:09
Ok, I've got an idea....

NEW GUPT RULE
One must ask permission of the moderator/administrator and other forum members before opening a new GUPT.
Only when permission is granted shall a new thread be made.

There. I believe that I have the right to make the rules. :)

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #79 - 02 January 2005, 22:27:30
I already sort of mentioned that

- I suggest the following rule be enacted and enforced by forum personnel:

the author of the current gupt (or majority vote of senior forum members) must acknowledge that the current
gupt is dead. At that point, the person who claimed the next one And was officially recognized by others
may create the next one at his (or her  )leisure.

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #80 - 03 January 2005, 01:14:44
Good rule guys. Democracy, without the capitalism.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #81 - 03 January 2005, 01:18:06
Atom wrote:
Good rule guys. Democracy, without the capitalism.

"To hell with stock markets" ~ freespace

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #82 - 03 January 2005, 01:21:01
Anyone here seen a movie/film called Super Size Me. It's good, and makes some really good points.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #83 - 03 January 2005, 01:41:26
That was that documentary dissing mcdonalds, right? I haven't seen it...

Well, personally, I'm of the opinion that fast food is blatantly fattening, and people oblivious to that start suing
restaurants because they're fat need to get shot in the foot. multiple times. :grrr:

let's all understand that I LIVE on junk food from these restaurants. I've done so for years, and while I'm not really in
superstar shape, I haven't developed leukemia yet, and my body mass index is only slightly high (I don't excersize.)
so I'm positive I can live on this diet for many more years. from what I could tell from the reviews of the movie, the
guy who made that documentary stuffed his face with crap to the point of vomitting.  It makes me sick just thinking
about overindulgence, and people are thinking that it's the brand of food that gave him a pot-belly.

And then you've got the idiots in management who start selling that "low-carb" crap and salads to balance that out.  
that's just the extreme the other way! :grrr:

here's news people: You don't get magically fat by eating things in moderation. And you don't get magically skinny by
way of the atkins diet, either.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #84 - 03 January 2005, 04:31:31
I'm back. I've been away from town and obviously too lazy (or drunk) to drag myself to some online computer :)

But I see you guys have managed to keep thingy orderly. :wor:

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #85 - 03 January 2005, 04:35:39
Travis Reed wrote:
It is official, I have to move the site. I will not be able to coax my ISP to let me run a web server (or, technically, any
server). Am looking for free web hosting with PHP and PHP-Nuke. Can work with non-PHP stuff, so long as message
boards and
file upload/download capability. Currently the site can still be accessed at:
http://travisserv.servegame.com:82/index.php
Port 444 is also open.
No telling how long it will take my ISP to note my use of those ports and block them.

I should get my end set up this week, if your ISP will keep their eye blind, we should be fine by then :) I will have full
PHP/MySQL support then.

~~~

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #86 - 03 January 2005, 04:40:55
Krytom wrote:
Ok, I've got an idea....

NEW GUPT RULE
One must ask permission of the moderator/administrator and other forum members before opening a new GUPT.
Only when permission is granted shall a new thread be made.

There. I believe that I have the right to make the rules. :)

I concur (as I also did when Freespace suggested it, I believe) :) I venture to add a notion to the rule, nameley, that
the person who created the current GUPT have the priviledge to nominate who shall create the next GUPT, after it
has been agreed the current one is outdated, of course. Of course they cannot nominate themselves, as that would
be too boring.

~~~

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #87 - 03 January 2005, 05:14:54
I suppose we're going to end up with a GUPT Rules sticky soon, just joking.

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #88 - 03 January 2005, 05:17:55
I should go to bed!

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #89 - 03 January 2005, 08:21:13
Atom wrote:
I should go to bed!

As should I!

But alas, school awaits in a mere 6 hours. I'd oversleep. plus I still have homework... :(

Post Edited ( 01-03-05 08:21 )

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #90 - 03 January 2005, 08:28:50
Good news, it seems that my ISP wasn't responsible for the blocking of ports 81 and 443, or they took a look at what
I had up and reconsidered (as I'm not running anything commercial or making any money from it at all). Maybe it was
just an internet fluke...all I know is, ports 81 and 443 work again.
The web server is currently set to accept connectiions on the following ports:
and the URL is:
http://travisserv.servegame.com:port#/index.php

The little forum I had running doesn't seem to work now and there are a few minor bugs to work out. I am still looking
for a place to move the site to, but it seems less urgent now. Anyone with PHP scripting experience and who is willing
to help iron out the bugs and get the forum working again would recieve much appreciation (but no money I'm afraid)
from myself and my co-admin, DocHoliday and probably from the other users of the site.

For those who haven't already gone to check it out, my little PHP-Nuke powered site is all about Orbiter Solar Nations.
More info on which can be found at the site, or on the DanSteph's Solar Nations thread here on this forum. The site
(and thus name of the game) was not named after DanSteph (even though the thread it sprang from had been) to
help keep the game impartial.
And Doc, I would reccommend renaming that thread to keep this impartiality in mind...but it's up to you as you are the
original author of that thread.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #91 - 03 January 2005, 08:35:41
And Doc, I would reccommend renaming that thread to keep this impartiality in mind...but it's up to you as you
are the original author of that thread.
Done.

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #92 - 03 January 2005, 14:10:29
Well, I for one tend to associate the whole idea with this forum.

And this is Dansteph's forum...

Well... whatever works....

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #93 - 03 January 2005, 14:29:59
heh, well, no need to drag Dan into our political mess.. if even only by name :) he didn't post here much, so I guess
he's too busy for us... kidz ;)

By the way people, get your asses over to Solar Nations site and place your vote for the Solar Council president!!!
(for the record, the vote I have there is not mine!) May the best man.. umm... eehm... Solarian win!!!

:)

~~~

Offline schumanna

Reply #94 - 03 January 2005, 14:33:17
I posted here and droped. :drunk:

Owner of Astroide Chiron and Alpha Centaury

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand". quoting Homer Simpson

Du & Ich...(Orbiter)...heißt, niemals alleine zu sein

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #95 - 03 January 2005, 14:37:59
well, I tried signing up for the thing, but I left the password blank (it said itwould randomize the thing)

anyway, I never got the randomized password and even after I send for it, it's not emailing it to me, so I'm locked out.

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #96 - 03 January 2005, 15:41:15
freespace2dotcom wrote:
well, I tried signing up for the thing, but I left the password blank (it said itwould randomize the thing)

anyway, I never got the randomized password and even after I send for it, it's not emailing it to me, so I'm locked out.

freespace, travis warned that the "emailing" doesn't work :)

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #97 - 03 January 2005, 17:54:08
She_Da_Lier wrote:
freespace2dotcom wrote:

freespace, travis warned that the "emailing" doesn't work :)

Well, EXCUSE me for being lazy and skimming the umpteen number of posts that happened during my sabbatical from
the forum. ;)

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #98 - 03 January 2005, 19:15:23
Darnit...forgot to mention something...freespace, I'll go in and see if it still remembers your account...if it does, I'll
remove it so you can recreate it. It is important that you enter a password. Registration is automatic otherwise, as no
emails are sent. You won't have to worry about clciking an activation link. *makes note to find the page that led freespace
astray to edit the text...*

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #99 - 03 January 2005, 20:15:01
Ok, finally found where that string of text was located...fixed it so itdoesn't mislead peeps anymore.
Freespace,  found your account and will be PMing you with the temporary password (easier to do it this way than to delete the
account and have you start over again...).