See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: If you ever make a DGV  (Read 15630 times)

Offline willy88

Reply #25 - 16 June 2007, 05:09:23
Hey Dan, what about making the turbopacks have parachutes? So when you'd be turbochuting, you wouldn't have bring it with
you, or when you eject in an atmosphere, the turbopacks eject as well?

_________

Offline Jay Gatsby

Reply #26 - 16 June 2007, 23:20:01
willy88 wrote:
Hey Dan, what about making the turbopacks have parachutes? So when you'd be turbochuting, you wouldn't have
bring it with
you, or when you eject in an atmosphere, the turbopacks eject as well?

Question:  Even if the turbopacks had parachutes, how, when, and where would one arm/disarm the deployment of
said parachutes?  It seems to me that you would have to do that prior to ejection (and who has time for that?) or have yet another feature in the ummu so that one could select from a list of turbopacks in range and perform the activation (selecting the turbopack as the active vessel and giving the command makes no sense to me, because in context, the turbopack decided to do it all by itself... creepy and unrealistic).  In short neither of those methods seem practical... so to be honest I'm a little skeptical...

Post Edited ( 06-16-07 23:24 )

-Gatsby

Offline MattNW

Reply #27 - 18 June 2007, 01:01:13
When you are in enough trouble that you need to eject you don't have time to bring anything except what's already attached to
you. The few times I've had to eject from DGIV other than just for fun, I've had less than a second to make the decision and
execute the ejection. If you have any longer than that it's (a.) A luxury (b.) Enough time to regain control
and avoid ejection.

Offline James.Denholm

Reply #28 - 18 June 2007, 04:26:12
Maybe if you had the Turbopack calculate vertical speed, projected vertical speed, altitude, projected altitude, time to
impact (I mean land), If you realy want to live, ect ect ect and work out when the last possible second to deploy the
paracute and then deploy it automaticly (all which will happen without you doing anything) but will only work when
attached to a UMMU (so it won't happen when you just drop it out of the DGV and pick it up later).

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline James.Denholm

Reply #29 - 18 June 2007, 05:43:35
My own idea: maybe a feature in the turbo pack that wraps something around the UMMU, allowing re-entry. Ok,
maybe not a good idea, but I'm not very imaginative...

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline R Groszewski

Reply #30 - 18 June 2007, 05:54:46
Yeah, Something like the old Paracone Addon! That was Really good. It automatically positions youfor reentry, and it
even has it's own little Built-in parachute! Just Strap-in, Fire up the built-in reentry thruster, and you're on your way
home! Someone needs to update the Paracone addon so that it can be grappled by a Ummu on its back.

"Air Force Four-Five, it appears your engine has...oh, disregard...I see you've already ejected." -Heard on Scanner, KORD

Offline AndyMan

Reply #31 - 18 June 2007, 08:30:12
How about the MOOSE ejection seat / re-entry system that came with the Dyna-Soar addon? it was an expandable
foam re-entry shield built into the seat.

Offline R Groszewski

Reply #32 - 18 June 2007, 09:37:38
That too. But the paracone is more fun, But I'd like my pilot to have a MOOSE to lessen the chance of him being
vaporized on reentry,.

"Air Force Four-Five, it appears your engine has...oh, disregard...I see you've already ejected." -Heard on Scanner, KORD

Offline CAPFLIGHT F-18

Reply #33 - 18 June 2007, 19:38:39
u should put a reworked, and updated version of a VC in the cabin.

Fooly Cooly!

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #34 - 19 June 2007, 08:58:50
R Groszewski wrote:
Yeah, Something like the old Paracone Addon! That was Really good. It automatically positions youfor reentry, and it
even has it's own little Built-in parachute! Just Strap-in, Fire up the built-in reentry thruster, and you're on your way
home! Someone needs to update the Paracone addon so that it can be grappled by a Ummu on its back.

The Ummu would unfortunately burn up. The Ummu needs to detect that the paracone is supposed to absorb heat
and all or else it will go with the normal settings for burning up in reentry.

-Nick

Offline ET

Reply #35 - 21 June 2007, 13:21:09
Hi!
I was really happy when I found the DGIV add-on, because in several points it’s more realistic than the previous gliders.
:)But if you’ll make a DGV, there are 5 things I would suppose. Control panel, sounds, and atmospheric flights are really
good, BUT:
1. The passengers’ legs are cut down. And the whole inside of the DGIV could be a bit more colorful. (like with some panels,
switches etc.)
2. It’s completely equal if you set four 90 year old women, or four10 year old guys in the scenario editor, the passengers
will always be a 30 year old woman, and 3 men aged 30-40. :wonder: And outside in space EVERYONE will be a 35 year old man.
It would be nice if the user could change the faces of the passengers and UMMU-s.
3. PreludeII is really good! :top: Many people would be happy if there would be other active bases (perhaps with some working
hangars).
4. If someone ejects, the UMMU-s and the Turbo-packs drift away, so those poor astronauts, hardly can find them.
5. The UMMU-s, Turbo-packs, wrecks and vessels simply move through the DGIV, and other vessels. I don’t know whether you can
fix the problem or not, but I think that’s not really realistic.

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #36 - 21 June 2007, 23:31:41
ET wrote:
5. The UMMU-s, Turbo-packs, wrecks and vessels simply move through the DGIV, and other vessels. I
don’t know whether you can
fix the problem or not, but I think that’s not really realistic.

Try to watch Artlav's work on MeshLand/Orulux on the Orbiter forum.

-Nick

Offline willy88

Reply #37 - 21 June 2007, 23:36:46
Is there any situation where the APU would fail, forcing you to use the fuel-cells?

_________

Offline MattNW

Reply #38 - 22 June 2007, 02:37:47
ET wrote:
Hi!

It would be nice if the user could change the faces of the passengers and UMMU-s.

You mean this?

Just takes some editing of the texture files.

Offline R Groszewski

Reply #39 - 22 June 2007, 02:54:27
Quick_Nick wrote:
R Groszewski wrote:

The Ummu would unfortunately burn up. The Ummu needs to detect that the paracone is supposed to absorb heat
and all or else it will go with the normal settings for burning up in reentry.

What is you turn the Paracone into a vehicle that:

When there is no ummu crew entered into the vehicle, no Ummu texture/mesh is shown.

When a ummu enters the paracone, show the Texture and mesh.

Kind of like when there is only 1 crew members in the DGIV, you only see 1 crew member, But when there is no one,
nothing is displayed. Make sense?

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #40 - 22 June 2007, 03:26:09
I see. When he grapples the paracone, his vessel(ex: Ummu_John_Doe) is deleted, then a Ummu mesh is created on
the paracone vessel. Is that what you mean? In that case, Dan would have to set that up as well and I'm not sure if
he wants to make a paracone feature. It may be a little more realistic than I think because I remember the
discussions on real ways of doing things similar to a paracone. If he was to make it, he might as well just do the first
thing and use an actual Ummu and whenever it detects that it is grappling a paracone, it's reentry properties change.

-Nick

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #41 - 22 June 2007, 03:30:43
just make a paracone vessel with DLL and add UMMU to it.

Dan

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #42 - 22 June 2007, 05:59:08
Well... that's pretty simple. Do you mean to just have the code in the paracone to make a Ummu mesh(not vessel)
and reenter and when it's time, remove the mesh and spawn a seperated Ummu vessel to open it's chute later? Also,
if someone makes this and wants DGIV type realism, they could make the paracone burn up in reentry in the same
ways as the DGIV.

-Nick

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #43 - 22 June 2007, 12:40:59
Make paracone a Vessel then use UMMU to "ingress/eva" from the paracone (key E to attach etc etc)
when you detect an ingress just add a UMMU mesh (insertmesh) from standard UMMU location
and delete it when "EVA" (detach)

paracone could also have "burn" and "temperature" check as well as some autopilot
or RCS to orient it the right way.

But don't ask me I never liked paracone ;)

Dan

Offline R Groszewski

Reply #44 - 23 June 2007, 20:03:04
That's exactly what I mean!  But Dan, why don't you like the Paracone? I absolutely LOVE the paracone! Oh, and no
autopilot should be needed, because all you have to do is press ; and fire the RCS motor.

Offline woo482

Reply #45 - 24 June 2007, 01:12:13
off topic but will thear be a fsp for the new msfs10?

Offline willy88

Reply #46 - 24 June 2007, 01:44:53
woo482 wrote:
off topic but will thear be a fsp for the new msfs10?

Yes. Dan is working on it .

_________

Offline woo482

Reply #47 - 24 June 2007, 11:43:18
cooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks I will have to reinstall flight sim agean soon

Offline Raptros

Reply #48 - 25 June 2007, 20:17:52
Welcome ET!! :beer::friend::gift::flower:

kamikaze a plein temps :badsmile:

Offline Galelio

Reply #49 - 08 February 2008, 15:06:25
!?