See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Closed] BETA 1 of DeltaGliderIV (first beta release)  (Read 35059 times)

Offline jacquesmomo

• Le budget !!!
  • Legend
  • Plus on rate, plus on a de chances de réussir !..
Reply #25 - 27 December 2006, 12:06:45
Thank you so much for this : Nice Chrismas gift for us!!!
and merry christmas for and all your familly

Mes add-ons sont là !

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #26 - 27 December 2006, 12:58:34
Hehe, I've already fallen victim to "Oh look, I wonder what this yellow and black striped handle does...." :hot: Boom, eject!
:wall:

Just in time for Best Mod of 2006. I think we can conclude that Dan wins, even though it's a beta release.

However I've come across a slight problem where when I press F3 or any other F button that brings up a menu it flickers and I
can't get it to stay in front of the Orbiter main window, meaning I can't change craft or anything like that. This is
probably nothing to do with the DGIV and thus off topic. I'll try again and see if it was a one off occurrence.

Edit: nope, problem still there, with other vessels as well. How annoying. I wonder if it's my graphics settings....

Post Edited ( 12-27-06 13:01 )

Offline Hubleman

Reply #27 - 27 December 2006, 14:05:59
I have a problem, I an not using numpad because I don't have one so I change the keys at the keymap but the
Deltaglider IV doesn't respond to those keys, what can I do? The DG III responded to those keys, why doesn't the DG
IV do that? Please help me Dan :sad:

I already fell victim in reentry. Lol. :)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #28 - 27 December 2006, 16:00:24
Artlav a écrit:
Great job again!:gift::applause::applause:

Are the bug reports accepted?
If yes, there's some:
1. When you EVA the pilot and get it back he is not recognised as a pilot.
2. Seat belt button is not working with full power failure -&gt no way to eject.
3. If you shut the power off by pressing APU button, the temperature in the ship will rise quickly.

Sure... it's a beta :)

1-probably the Ummu.dll wasn't properly replaced by the new in the beta, old Ummu is not compatible.
When you EVA a captain he must have as name like "UMmu_Capt_NNNNN_NNNNN

2-Will have a look....

3-was probably the case also with DGIII, will have a look.

Thanks for submitting...

Dan

Offline sunshine135

• I fly by the seat of my pants!
Reply #29 - 27 December 2006, 19:06:21
Dan,

I have been one of the many users of the DGIII and have never even considered posting to the forum before, but thank you for
such an excellent add-on! :applause:

The ejection sequence is awesome. This is some of the best programming I've seen in Orbiter. I went over an grappled my buddy
and made sure he was okay. I thought for sure he was going to punch me out for ruining his day.

The crash meshes are totally awesome

The docking autopilot is very cool. I know many newbies who will get a kick out of using it. If I noticed one thing in the
scenario, it appears that I overshot the 3rd waypoint to lineup with the doc. This being said, I almost crashed into one of
the ISS solar panels (the astronauts from STS-116 would have been lit up if I had done that!). I would recommend for "safe"
use to be closer to the lineup point (not sure if this defeats the purpose or not).

I'm having loads of fun putting the spacecraft through the paces. I will keep you informed of anything else that might need
some tweaking. Until then THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

"Sun Dog"

Offline Ben sisko

Reply #30 - 27 December 2006, 19:56:35
Thank you Dan! I downloaded this last night and spent a few hours with the DGIV. It's a pleasure to have the new
and improved version. I haven't found any bugs yet but still testing.

I wish you and your family a swift recovery, a belated Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!

Ben

Offline Twilight

Reply #31 - 28 December 2006, 01:48:22
Sorry Dan, great thing, but a few bugs

Ummu can 'grapple' the DGIV, creating a strange distortion effect, the ship gets squeezed and elongated. Can be
reproduced by having the Ummu fly to as close to the center of the ship as possible (in space) and hitting 'b'

Customizable HUD on the middle panal (that you can switch from off, to 1-5 for different info that you set with
CustomHUD.exe) does not work with new DGIV ships added to the scn via the in-game scn editer.

Not really a bug, but if you eject in space because of an emergancy, and you have 4 passangers, someone's not
going home. (not enough turbopacks) Probobly the pilot too, since he gets shot up and the rest just pile out to where
they can easily reach the packs.

Offline willy88

Reply #32 - 28 December 2006, 02:17:18

Recreated bizarre warping effect..

_________

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #33 - 28 December 2006, 02:25:08
WHY DID I GO OUT OF TOWN!?
i'm back now! :)

-Nick

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #34 - 28 December 2006, 03:08:42
Funny image with the DGIV on the back :)

Problem is I wanted Ummu to be able to grapple anything, not only one attachment ID
so it can be used with all add-ons... Side effect is that you can grapple what you
want, iss, vessel etc etc... (luckily earth don't have one attachment otherwise you
could play Atlas the greek god)

Perhaps limiting by weight of objects ? (only less than 5 or 10 tons ?)
Otherwise I can prevent one Mmu to grapple a DGIV but not all other vessels.

About ejection and turbopack, I would say that's life. You can't eject on mars near ground
also chute can't do nothing there... Anyway one intteresting goal would be this:

Two guys wear turbopack they grapple their friends with hand and "eject" them on a safe orbit
or trajectory so another vessel can rescue them (a turbopack is just a better
chance but not a rescue system anyway) then one come back to search the last
one and eject him also, I wanted to add such mission...

About HUd I'll have a look... I know there is another problem also with editor...

Dan

Message modifié ( 28-12-2006 03:09 )

Offline Quick_Nick

Reply #35 - 28 December 2006, 04:04:16
Well... at least he made it out... and didn't get burned...

Explanation: I was heading straight for the ground really low and ejected. One of about 4 or 5 got out, but hit the ground hard.

Post Edited ( 12-28-06 04:05 )

-Nick

Offline Twilight

Reply #36 - 28 December 2006, 04:20:32
The view from the DGIV while using the Ummu grapple warping bug is also kinda trippy.

I donno how to take a ss ingame, so you'll have to try it yourself, or wait until someone inevitably posts one.
Oh, this might be the other bug you know in the scn editer, but if it's not...

If you create the new ship, people inside of the ship don't show up. It says they're there, but no mesh.

Also, if you use the DGIV config program to edit new names, it tags on some weird text at the back of each name :-\

And I can't find the yellow/black striped lever that makes you eject! ^.^

Post Edited ( 12-28-06 04:23 )

Offline KB9LAD

Reply #37 - 28 December 2006, 04:21:38
DanSteph wrote:
Two guys wear turbopack they grapple their friends with hand and "eject" them on a safe orbit
or trajectory so another vessel can rescue them (a turbopack is just a better
chance but not a rescue system anyway) then one come back to search the last
one and eject him also

Dan

Funny you mentioned that, Dan. This is exactly what I tried to do, and succeeded in rescuing the entire crew!

I got the pilot and one other guy to put  on the turbopacks and then they each grabbed one of the other ejectees.
Then I had them take each of their guys back to ISS and drop them off. This left one gut still floating away so I had to
go out to retrieve him. By this time he had drifted about 87km away so it wasn't easy! I eventually got to him but my
fuel (both turbo & suit RCS) was really low from constant course corrections and I ran out of juice before I got all the
way back. But I didn't give up! I ejected the turbopack from the first guy & let go the guy he was carrying. Then I
switched to the guy who was being carried (he still had all his RCS fuel) and used him to grapple the first guy AND the
turbopack! He then was able to make it back to ISS having completed 1 1/2 orbits of Earth in the meantime!

Still with me?;)... Here comes the strange part..

When the last MMU got the turbopack, its fuel (the turbo, not RCS) was refilled as if by magic...8o  Bug? You make the
call.

Anyway; as you can see, I'm having a blast playing with your new ship! Nice work!

-Ken

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #38 - 28 December 2006, 04:24:42
Okay , grappling solved without trouble... had to change several things in Ummu.
(version not available yet)

Dan

Offline n122vu

Reply #39 - 28 December 2006, 04:30:54
Dan,

Getting the CTD when pressing the / key again.  I'll try to retrace my steps, but the only thing I changed was to make
changes in the DGIV Config Utility down to pilot and 1 passenger, and changed skin.  Then loaded config on the
ground at KSC before departure.  

Tried reinstalling both DGIII and IV, as both are affected, but still happening.  I'll reinstall base package and try with
default settings, then go out and make changes with config, load on the ground and go from there.  I'll let you know
the outcome of my testing.

n122vu

Offline Twilight

Reply #40 - 28 December 2006, 04:36:18
Oh, I had one more anomaly, I had just prograde burned for a lunar transfer, and let one of my crew out to watch
earth speed away, he had just gotten the turbo pack (for safety measures) and all of a sudden his RCS systems went
out. I couldn't rotate, or use linear.  I tried changing views a few times (to no avail), and I had to EVA the co-pilot to
grapple him and bring him back to the airlock. I re-EVAed him and he worked fine.

Hasn't happened since, and I can't seem to recreate it.

P.S. RIP James Rummy, pilot of the ISS->Lunar expressway, when LandMFD failed and the others took the turbo
packs and made a safe landing, you bravely smacked into the moon going 600 m/s, with -200 m/s vertical speed. You
probobly didn't even feel it good buddy.

Offline reekchaa

Reply #41 - 28 December 2006, 04:37:09
The yellow/black striped lever that makes you eject is at the bottom of the bottom pannel, just scroll down to see it.  
Time to test some more MMU recovery & grappling fun.  :beer:

~ the Reekchaa

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #42 - 28 December 2006, 04:58:25
N122, sorry but as no-one  ever reported such CTD with the DGIII
and / key it must be on your own... Are you sure you get it also
with the DGIII ?

Both install of DGIII and DGIV are totally separated so it can't be a mix...

About turbopack, yet they refuel automatically when you leave/grapple again...
good or bad things ?

Scenery editor bug cleared yet , both (mesh and hud) version not available.

Twilight, does he ran out of turbopack fuel ? have you seen HUD on top
with RCS fuel reserve ? (didn't had a look yet at code might be a real bug or
not don't know)

Continuing...

Dan

Offline Twilight

Reply #43 - 28 December 2006, 05:03:10
No, he had 98% RCS fuel, and turbopack worked fine.

At the top it didn't say either ROT or LIN, it's like he was on a different type of control system, and couldn't get out of
it.

Turbopack auto-refill, Bad thing, can you make them refill only if they get grappled by DGIV? That would be nice, if not
could you add some kind of timer so it refills if not used for 5-10 sim-time?

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #44 - 28 December 2006, 05:17:54
This migth be because you pressed by error on Orbiter key to have surface control ?
Anyway I'll have a look.

EDIT: don't know if it was that but by security I set surface control OFF each time
you press / key.

Dan

Message modifié ( 28-12-2006 05:21 )

Offline Twilight

Reply #45 - 28 December 2006, 05:38:42
Oh, not sure if this is another one, but undocking with both airlocks open kills all crew instantly, even with spacesuits
on. I don't think this is intentional as you can force the cockpit open and survive.

And I found the ejection bar ^.^ (it's BELOW the bottom panal)

EDIT: It appears I did accidentally switch to surface control (ctrl-/) I just tried this and it produced the same effects.
Also, I also admire your dedication and hard-work Dan. It's a great ship ^.^

Post Edited ( 12-28-06 05:44 )

Offline n122vu

Reply #46 - 28 December 2006, 05:56:11
Dan,

Let me introduce myself.  I'm the king of strange anomolies.  Just ask my co-workers.  When doing warranty repairs
on PCs at my company, I'm the king of DOA parts, also.  It's a gift. :badsmile:

To answer, yes, I did confirm both times this occurred that it did in fact also affect the DGIII.  I reinstalled the base Orbiter package, as well as the DGIII and IV.  I did my experiment with the configuration, but was unable to reproduce the problem.  In fact, current state, I have successfully docked manually with the ISS after departing from KSC.

One question?  Do the DG's use a certain version of the spacecraft.dll?  One thing I do remember is that after I had the DG's up and flying before the last CTD, I re-installed Shuttle Fleet V3.9.2.  Maybe it's possible this is overwriting something the DG craft are using in common with something that is not compatible?  :wonder: Only thing I can think of both might use is spacecraft.dll?

Post Edited ( 12-28-06 05:59 )

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #47 - 28 December 2006, 05:57:07
Ok will look the airlock one...

Turbopack now keep their fuel level, can be refueled only on base landing pad
or when grappled by DGIV.

Dan

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #48 - 28 December 2006, 06:01:50
DGIII or DGIV use only their own DLL and own files.... spacecraft.dll is powerfull but not THAT powerfull
to make a DGIII/IV ;)

Maybe "someone" touch DGIII/IV file or OrbiterSound stock sound with it's installation ?

Can you have a look at Shuttle Fleet V3.9.2 archive if there is a sound folder here
that change some sounds ? do you have a link to 3.9.2 ? Can you confirm it's really 3.9.2
that cause CTD (none before its installation, CTD after ?)

To tell you what I have in mind: 3.9.2 or the addon that cause problem after install
change the sound that play "rotation" "translation" to one that maybe your soundcard
don't like or that cause another problem... Do "/" key run fine in 3.9.2 ?

Thanks

Dan

Message modifié ( 28-12-2006 06:08 )

Offline n122vu

Reply #49 - 28 December 2006, 06:16:04
Dan,

Believe it or not I figured it out.  Not only did I reproduce the problem, I caused it.  And yes, it resulted from changing
sound files.  I had grown tired of the "Apollo" chatter, so I had removed all of the radio files from
the "/Sound/Radio/296.800 Apollo" folder.  
:stupid:
When I did this,  I got a CTD instantly with the DG on the ground at KSC.  I
replaced the files, launched again and much to my surprise, no CTD.  I had no idea removing the radio chatter files
would cause this type of problem.  

At any rate, I have since replaced the files and gone into the OrbiterSoundConfig and unchecked the "Allow ATC
chatter" option.  

On that note, crew sleep was scheduled to begin 17 minutes ago.  I should turn in before I get reprimanded by Mission Control (a.k.a. my wife).

I can't say this enough, but thanks again for the DGIV and for all your hard work.

Regards,
n122vu

"Why do we fall, Master Bruce?  So we can learn to pick ourselves up." - Michael Caine as Alfred, Batman Begins

Post Edited ( 12-28-06 06:21 )