See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ookay - so now what do I do with it.... (them)  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Tachyon

29 April 2008, 05:18:37
Other than the space station add-ons/compartments, what does one do "with" the simulated cargo that the DGIV or
in the case of the XR5 a whole crap load of cargo up into orbit. You can't make it disappear into the space station.
Okay - you can but it comes out the other side in a few seconds. :pfff:

So I'd like to hear what everyone else does. And I hope it doesn't have anything to do with action figures or hot
wheels but I think it will.

My god - it's full of stars !

Offline ar81

Reply #1 - 29 April 2008, 21:01:47
Edit your scenario in notepad but preserve the STATUS, RPOS, RVEL of one of your payloads and add a space station
module that uses such data (let's imagine you built a module in space using all those payloads).  You may like to
transport a Dragonfly to space and then you can assemble your space station.

Also you could use scenario editor to delete the cargo from scenario and imagine it was loaded into the station.

I am working on an external app called Space orbinomics II that is the revamped versin of the Space orbinomics beta
game I made for DGIII.  But it will take long, since it is a somehow complex project, and I have been in the need of
reading and learning a lot.  I have made about 3 attempts to start, but the final architecture and structure of the
prototype was not the best.  I am still in that process.  I am certain about the visuals, but I am working on structural
design and tricks to make it somehow pro...  So it goes sloooooow....

Offline Pirx

Reply #2 - 29 April 2008, 21:22:10
Me, I open the bay doors and wait for somebody to come out of the station and show some interest in the cargo. As
usually nobody does, then I practice reentry and landing with a loaded XR5 8)

Offline SlyCoopersButt

Reply #3 - 29 April 2008, 23:34:18
Pirx wrote:
Me, I open the bay doors and wait for somebody to come out of the station and show some interest in the cargo. As
usually nobody does, then I practice reentry and landing with a loaded XR5 8)
Haha! That was pretty good! With DGIV cargo containers I believe you could use a ummu  to move and dock them to
the station like how russian resupply ships do since they have docking ports on them.

SCB

Offline Tachyon

Reply #4 - 30 April 2008, 05:34:59
I'm sure we've all tried it ... but it was still funny to watch. In the XR5, turn the payload eject velocity to it's maximum
of 100m/s and unload .... poof ... it's gone !  :eek:

My god - it's full of stars !

Offline ar81

Reply #5 - 30 April 2008, 14:42:50
How about orbiting Mars...
As you approach the sunrise you put your nose down to the center of the planet, and top of the ship pointing in
prograde direction, and then you activate ejection system while having 3 passengers.

Try to grab the turbopacks and then make the two astronauts with turbopacks to grab the other two...  Think about it
as a rescue operation.

Offline Colonel Sanders1

Reply #6 - 29 May 2008, 19:16:25
I like to dump people into the sun. Also it is fun to get the Ummus to hold hands going through the atmosphere on earth.

Post Edited ( 05-29-08 19:21 )

« Last Edit: 29 May 2008, 19:16:25 by Colonel Sanders1 »