See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: apollo program real or not?  (Read 9460 times)

Offline Beerschot

08 March 2008, 17:04:35
i just saw the apollo 11 film of tex film. great job by the way
now we all know the story. tranquility base, the eagle has landed, armstrong saying his famous line,
aldrin and armstrong walking around on the moon surface. we al know about it

now i, like so many others probably, saw some films about how the apolllo program and the moonlanding was an
entire hoax of the government.

i'm curius about the orbiters opinion
what do you think about it? was the government capable to fake the entire landing??
where there people forced to scilence? and was the government and nasa able to kept this a secret for al the people
that worked on the program?

i'm curious to hear all of your opinions
lets start the discussion...

Tene Quod Bene

it means "Preserving what is good"

Offline Urwumpe

Reply #1 - 08 March 2008, 18:23:32
Short form: It really happened.

Long form: Why shouldn't it have happened? All engineering had been done and all bills had been paid. ;)

Offline NukeET

Reply #2 - 08 March 2008, 18:47:59
Beerschot wrote:
now we all know the story. tranquility base, the eagle has landed, armstrong saying his famous line,

now i, like so many others probably, saw some films about how the apolllo program and the moonlanding was an

what do you think about it? was the government capable to fake the entire landing??
where there people forced to scilence? and was the government and nasa able to kept this a secret for al the people

Charlie Duke said it best during the closing credits of "In the Shadow of the Moon".

"We went to the Moon 9 times.  Why fake it 9 times?"

Buzz Aldrin was a little more physical...he punched a moon hoax nutcase.

Orbinauts tend to be a "little" excited when this subject is brought up.

We choose to run Oribiter sims, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

Offline jacquesmomo

• Le budget !!!
  • Legend
  • Plus on rate, plus on a de chances de réussir !..
Reply #3 - 08 March 2008, 21:05:03
Beerschot a écrit:
again??? :prout::rant:

Mes add-ons sont là !

Offline Pagir

• Legend
Reply #4 - 08 March 2008, 23:40:25
Beerschot wrote:

This "discussion" isn't a scientific discussion. Not sure you will go anywhere with that.
Charlie Duke said it best during the closing credits of "In the Shadow of the Moon".

"We went to the Moon 9 times.  Why fake it 9 times?"

[...]

9 times? So there is at least 3 hoax since they went there 6 times (A11, A12, A13, A14, A15, A16, A17). Subsequent
flight were canceled. :badsmile:

Pagir

Pagir

Offline Urwumpe

Reply #5 - 08 March 2008, 23:48:59
Pagir a écrit:
9 times? So there is at least 3 hoax since they went there 6 times (A11, A12, A13, A14, A15, A16, A17). Subsequent
flight were canceled. :badsmile:

Pagir

Hey, you ignore Apollo 8, Apollo 9 and Apollo 10.

OK, Apollo 9 did never go to the moon. But A8 and A10 did. ;)

Offline Pagir

• Legend
Reply #6 - 09 March 2008, 05:19:11
They didn't go there. They almost went there :wonder:

Pagir

Pagir

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #7 - 09 March 2008, 05:32:59
"here we go again"

Bullshit. Was debunked numerous time far more than needed.
When you hear hoax arguments and know a bit apollo program or simply have a
bit of logical and scientific mind you can't stop to laugh it's so much ridiculous.

Strange fact, we tought 10 years ago that internet would be the new knowledge era
of humain but we didn't planned that any idiot would be able to write whatewer bullshit
he want prefferably on subject that he know nothing and that a great number of another
...well... simple mind that can't take an information wisely and with care would believe them.

I think there should be an internet license.

Dan

Message modifié ( 09-03-2008 05:47 )

Offline Urwumpe

Reply #8 - 09 March 2008, 13:04:54
Pagir a écrit:
They didn't go there. They almost went there :wonder:

Lunar Orbit is Lunar Orbit. ;)

And 14 km perilune altitude is close enough for talking about low level flight. ;)

DanSteph: At least in the Internet, you can slap them verbally. In real life, they hide as bank accountants, shop clerks and
religion teachers.

Also, the most striking argument, which no hoaxer can counter without resorting to insults and accusations of being a
government agent: Why should the USA hoax the lunar landings, when doing so would be more expensive as actually landing
there? A Saturn V launch does not come for free. And a stealth capsule, which stays undetected in LEO for days would be a
great technology even today. The USA still have problems hiding much smaller spy satellites. Launching the people to lunar
Orbit would be a option, but once you are in Lunar Orbit, why fake the landings? And you would need relay satellites with
Doppler shift compensation to make the Russians believe that you have landed on the moon...

Landing on the moon would be technologically simpler as producing such a hoax.

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #9 - 09 March 2008, 18:59:18
Not counting the videos, whatewer they say on the "recording speed" blablabla the dust that fall immediately and the
way they walk is impossible to fake, even in modern film they have problem to make it look natural. There is hours
and hours of such videos.

Also why making hours and hours of video (taking the risk to make an error) launching 9 time a saturn while it was
sufficient to launch one and with 10mn of images on the moon.

That plus the fact that most arguments about shadow or this or that are made by ignorant in photography, in optic
and in space physic, the most laughable is the "flag" arguments:
"ah ah you think we are idiot? it float but it's abvious that there is no air"  (the answer to the question is : yes we
think you are idiot)

Dan

Offline Urwumpe

Reply #10 - 09 March 2008, 19:43:25
DanSteph a écrit:
"ah ah you think we are idiot? it float but it's abvious that there is no air"  (the answer to the question is :
yes we
think you are idiot)

We are gentlemen, we would never say "Yes, we think you are an idiot.". We would say "Oh, that's a very interesting opinion
you have. Ever thought about writing a book about it? I promise I will read it, maybe. Oh, excuse me, I just saw a friend."
:stupid:

I wonder what Prince Philipp would say to Bart Sibrel...

I wonder if you can make a hoax of things which are so trivial, that it hurts. Like for example a working day...

Offline Colonel Sanders1

Reply #11 - 10 March 2008, 03:57:46
I think it happened.        

My explaination of the reason why this is not a hoax is plane and simple. If you don't beleive it happened, goodie for you.
Just like religion. dont try to push your beliefs on others because they probly dont care what you think.

I am not a conspiracy theorist or anything but, you may want to check this out.  I also believe in evolution is the how and
not the why.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Offline James.Denholm

Reply #12 - 11 March 2008, 08:19:29
DanSteph wrote:
Bullshit.
Dan

If you excuse his French... :)

Anyway, I think we all know that it happened. Can we PLEASE just leave it at that?

Post Edited ( 03-12-08 05:15 )

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline Dig Gil

Reply #13 - 11 March 2008, 12:42:12
Only Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17 put man on the moon. Apollo 13 had a problem where oxygen tanks exploded,
and the other missions (1,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10) were for testing the technology and equipment.
See more at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_program
and at
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/history/apollo/index.html
and this more ;)
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm

Post Edited ( 03-11-08 15:49 )

At Light Speed and Beyond!!!

Offline Urwumpe

Reply #14 - 11 March 2008, 14:41:48
Apollo 2 and 3 did not exist. They got skipped after Apollo 1 was a failure. Also the unmanned Apollos did not test probes at
all - they only tested the Apollo spacecraft.

Offline Kadet

Reply #15 - 12 March 2008, 02:00:21
Some say that if you look close enough, you can see what looks like a wire on top of the astronauts head.

Offline computerex

Reply #16 - 12 March 2008, 02:25:06
Oh everyone knows the moon landing was nothing but a big hoax. How do we know? One of the astronauts I think of the Apollo 11
mission was asked weather the moon is really made of cheese, and he replied, "No, it's made up of American cheese",
everybody knows moon is made up of green cheese. :sage:

Offline James.Denholm

Reply #17 - 12 March 2008, 05:16:09
But American cheeses is green!!!

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline Dig Gil

Reply #18 - 12 March 2008, 15:14:57
This' meanless, the moon is made of rocks and grey ones, then when did the astronaut asked about the
weather:fool:.

Offline Beerschot

Reply #19 - 12 March 2008, 18:13:48
:) ok i'm glad you guys gave your opinion, and didn't call me a heretic or something like that :)
now when i said i saw some movies about a hoax  i didn't say i believe those theories.
i also believe that it was imposible to make such a hoax  i could never kept a secret there where to many people
involved in the appollo program and i'm sure that if there was a hoax there are some people that couldn't shut
up :prof:

now i saw the movies with a couple of friends who aren't very interested in orbiter and the subject of space traveling
and al of that. i have 1 friend who actually never heard of the ISS :baaa: :fool:
so when i let him watch NASA tv  he was shocked that there are constant people up there in such a structure :)

now not talking of that dumbass :) my other friends where easily convinced  that the apollo program was 1 giant joke
the shadow theorie, the lack of a blast crater, and of course the flag :) mostely did it with them :) so now they think
that it never happened :)
 people who aren't really scientificly and do not know alot of space flight etc.. are more lickely to believe the hoax
theories don't know why that is? also an argument they use is "it was cold war and the russians where making a lot
of progress so the government of the US just did where they good at. fake the whole thing"

now just try to talk that out of their head :) i better not let those movies see again :) :wonder:

Tene Quod Bene

it means "Preserving what is good"

Offline BluryBlue

Reply #20 - 12 March 2008, 23:40:16
It HAS to be real! They wouldn't waste all that time and money to build the dang rocket! Besides, if we didn't really get up
there, the Sovies (Soviet Union) or some other NASA rivals would've been able to tell using long range radio radar things.
But I personally (please don't criticize me) don't care if they did or not. I'm not that much into astronomy. As cool as the
subject is, If something doesn't interest me personally, I don't really care. Although I do currently think they got to the
moon.;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Red, darkened skies... Nuclear sirens... the helpless
screams of innocent children...

Typical Monday.

Offline EtherDragon

Reply #21 - 13 March 2008, 20:58:16
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Point_Observatory_Lunar_Laser-ranging_Operation

If you doubt we landed on the moon... Then go to the Apache Point Observatory Lunar Laser-ranging Operation
headquarters and LOOK through their scopes. (And I'm not talking about going to their website...)

If an extraordinary claim requires extraortinary evidence, then I suppose "we landed on the moon" could qualify as an
extraordinary claim. The evidence to support the claim is available for YOU to look at. Don't believe the hype - don't
take anyone elses word - if you actually care about the subject, then GO FIND OUT.

~EtherDragon

Offline MattNW

Reply #22 - 15 March 2008, 03:54:35
If it were a hoax it was the best hoax ever performed. I grew up during the Apollo era. I watched almost every broadcast at
the time and I've seen them a thousand times since. Now I'm usually the type to watch a scifi film and say, "Oh my god can't
they find anyone to consult with before writing crap like that!"

During the Apollo broadcasts I never once saw anything that made me think that thus whoever pulled off the hoax was the
greatest special effects film maker in history. They could have gone to Hollywood and made a fortune yet we still get crappy
unrealistic scifi flicks. My conclusion: IT WAS REAL!!

Nuff said.

Offline Dig Gil

Reply #23 - 17 March 2008, 15:47:07
They called Steven Spielberg!

Offline computerex

Reply #24 - 17 March 2008, 20:21:49
MattNW a écrit:
If it were a hoax it was the best hoax ever performed. I grew up during the Apollo era. I watched almost every broadcast at
the time and I've seen them a thousand times since. Now I'm usually the type to watch a scifi film and say, "Oh my god can't
they find anyone to consult with before writing crap like that!"

During the Apollo broadcasts I never once saw anything that made me think that thus whoever pulled off the hoax was the
greatest special effects film maker in history. They could have gone to Hollywood and made a fortune yet we still get crappy
unrealistic scifi flicks. My conclusion: IT WAS REAL!!

Nuff said.

I am still going with the "cheese theory"....