See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DirectX 9.0c Is Out!  (Read 7538 times)

Offline Fyer

31 July 2004, 03:21:12
For those who want to be the most up to date with everything Microsoft and Orbiter you should head on over and
download it.  The entire thing is about 166 Mb, so be sure your installing it on a decent connection first, or download
the redistribution version to another media.

The latest version of DirectX always provides the best support and stability for Windows software based apps and
games.  I'll be sure to add the redistribution version to my package as soon as I have a good connection.

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #1 - 31 July 2004, 03:33:37
Accursed microsoft!

And I had finally got around to downloading 9.0B! :grrr:

Now a newer one is out?

When will the madness end!?

Post Edited ( 07-31-04 03:34 )

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #2 - 31 July 2004, 14:10:07
166 megs on a 56K modem, hmm, now that won't work. I'll have to attempt this download on Krytom's broadband
connection.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #3 - 31 July 2004, 14:47:25
And then transfer it with your USB-stick? :)

Hmm, what advantages wil I have exactly, when I download it? Is it really worth to download?
(I just ask because I HATE Micro$oft [some of you know that:)] and I don't want to have anything from M$, unless it's really necessary [like M$ Win, to play Orbiter:(] )

Cheers,

McBrain

----------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Simonpro_2

Reply #4 - 31 July 2004, 14:51:54
Wheee, i love the university connection. 3.5mb/s :)

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #5 - 31 July 2004, 15:08:00
Woohoo!!!! :hot:

Surfin' USA!! :):)

Cheers,

McBrain

----------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #6 - 31 July 2004, 23:37:53
Just give me time, simon. When I make my first big bucks, I'm getting several T1 lines installed. I would have so much
bandwith I'd become an ISP, and even then I'd put you all to shame with my download speeds

<mad laughter here>

Seriously though. That's cool. I've never downloaded anything at my school. (which just also happens to be a
university, btw. :) But I know for a fact that it's connection is insanely fast also. They have strict rules against game
playing and downloading and the like. However, the pages load like 5 seconds before you click the link.  8)

Offline Fyer

Reply #7 - 01 August 2004, 23:21:19
Just so everyone knows, the redistribution version may be smaller for them since its only 33.4 mb for some reason.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #8 - 02 August 2004, 08:48:43
eheh, as Atom said. What is really new in the 9.0c version that makes it worthy to download?

(with Microsoft I have a standard policy to never get a new version of anything until it's been out for at least a few
months, or until after they have issued a SP of some sort) :) it's worked over the years.

Cheers,

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #9 - 02 August 2004, 14:13:27
DocHoliday wrote:
(with Microsoft I have a standard policy to never get a new version of anything until it's been out for at least a few
months, or until after they have issued a SP of some sort) :) it's worked over the years.

Same policy here, let others cry about bugs and mess with their configs
Then eventually get the new version :)

166 is the SDK if you don't plan to program with directx it's useless.

Dan

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #10 - 03 August 2004, 04:07:50
Heh.. I truly believe that Win2K will be the last windows I ever use. XP just... made me mad. No service pack can fix it
either. It's just downright evil. :(

I'm afraid that it's spawn, longhorn, will only restrict computer freedoms even further. eventually, I bet they'll put
something in the processors to deny use of anything without some damn activation code to prove you own the thing
it's working on.

You always get the best deals on the frontier. When something becomes established, it just goes bad.

Windows is no exception.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #11 - 03 August 2004, 08:42:37
Well, I guess I will stick with XP for a while. I bypassed NT, 2K and Millenium; went straight to XP after 98.

Risking to bump into your stubborness again, I do recommend you go to XP, since in my experience 2K is the worst of
the lot. Slow, uneconomical and requires a lot of maintenance. I had it at work and it was just awful.

You probably made the mistake to go for XP, when it was fresh out of the shop, and you have bad experience with it
now. Recent versions are quite stable and I really have no complaints at all.

Cheers,

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #12 - 03 August 2004, 13:58:19
<freespace engages "stubborn" mode>

What? How dare you diss 2000!

Actually, I was very hestitant to upgrade from 98 to 2000, but I had to when I built my new PC, mainly for driver
issues. No 98 drivers for my hardware...

2000 isn't slow for me at all, of course, having a 2.8 Ghz PC might have something to do with that. But I assure you I
didn't screw with XP until my school gave me a free copy. That was during my first term, and it's my third now, so that
was maybe about 20-25 weeks ago.  I know XP service pack 1 had already been out because my uncle pestered me
to install it the second I had gotten XP installed on my machine. I assure you I had no problems with Xp stability, but
then, I have no problems with 2000 in that area, either. I get the ocassional blue screen of death, but it's nowhere
near as common as I had it in 98, so I'm content. And even if xp is more stable, microsoft screwed me with their anti-
piracy efforts. I had a legit copy and because I tampered with the insides of my computer, it locked me out. Sure, you
could say that I shouldn't screw with my computer, but I'm an enthusiast, I will do it. You could also say that all I need
to do is call microsoft and sell my sou.. er... ask them to re-activate software that I legally own.

Well, clearly I don't own it if they can do that, do I? I bet there's some funky disclaimer saying that you only have the
right to use it, but you don't own it.

When 2000 becomes obsolite, which seems likely soon due to 64 bit computing, I'm going to learn linux and merely
emulate windows.

to hell with microsoft.

Power to the people! :)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #13 - 03 August 2004, 14:13:16
Well, since you put it that way, I have no objections whatsoever. I stated once before the only things I ever bought
from MS were MS Flight sim 6 or 7, one windows and one office. And even that was WITH the computer. Not saying
which version or when thought :) I would probably have bought the MS space sim too if I hadn't found Orbiter just in
the nick of time :)

(I was gonna really start to rant, but that would be offtopic) :)

Cheers,

~~~

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #14 - 03 August 2004, 18:51:59
M$ does some good games, Flight Sim 2004, Age of Empires I & II and Rise of Nations are my favourites. But XP can
be anoying. Like when it crashes and you want to switch it off by the 'OFF' button and XP won't let you cos' it can't do
a complete shut down. I went from a Pentium 1, 16 meg RAM, Windows 95 machine to my XP so I really am quite
happy with it.

Oh and does anyone here have a Dell Dimension?

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #15 - 04 August 2004, 01:38:21
I agree MS can come out with a few good games, but you know... They didn't make them, they merely own the group
that DID make them and then they stuck the MS name on it and take all the rewards.

I kinda wish I could do that...

And I will never buy a pre-built computer set that the major companies like dell or compaq or gateway sell.

You'd be amazed how much you can save if you eliminate the middlemen. My computer isn't a good example because
I paid $2000 for it, but I got statistics that they don't sell in the prebuilt packs. namely 2 gigs of ram. :) And If I was to
buy a prebuilt PC with my specs if it was available, I bet it would have cost somewhere around $2500. That's a 25%
increase!

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #16 - 04 August 2004, 08:24:27
I agree MS can come out with a few good games, but you know... They didn't make them, they merely own
the group that DID make them and then they stuck the MS name on it and take all the rewards
Agreed. And they make good games. But then again, business-wise it is a good strategy on MS's side :)

Yup the middleman sucks. I bought my current computer via web ads. Don't know how you'd put it in english but here
we have a concept of flea market - where basically people sell anything. And buyers compete in price. And there is
also an online version of it. I got my computer for about say 600USD more or less half a year ago. :)

OH OH !!! Yesterday I just became the proud owner of Samsung SyncMaster 172x LCD monitor!!! My old one is
showing distinct problems with its horizontal sync and keeps losing picutre, so I decided to get myself flattened :) It's
good, and if I get around to it I may repair the CRT and have myself a dual wide display experience :)

~~~

symaski62

Reply #17 - 09 August 2004, 02:03:10
Direct 9.0C  téléchage  moi

http://telecharger.01net.com/windows/Utilitaire/dll_librairies/fiches/10405.html

Taille : 33.47186 Mo
Version :  9.0c
Configuration minimale : Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
Licence : gratuit
Rubrique : Utilitaires
Sous rubrique : maj. et DLL
Langue: Français et Anglais
Auteur / Editeur : Microsoft Corporation
Téléchargé la semaine dernière: 11047 fois
Date de sortie : 23 Juillet 2004

directx_9c_redist.exe  (CLIC)  ===>>>>  suite C:\WINDOWS\system32\DirectX    oui

2 suite  C:\WINDOWS\system32\DirectX\dxsetup.exe   (CILC)

3 suite   Redémarrer  

4  ouvre  l'ordinature

5  fin

merci ;)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #18 - 09 August 2004, 03:02:57
freespace2dotcom wrote:
"That non-metric guy."

You mean your less than one meter tall ?  :badsmile:

Dan
"Forgive me, I'm tired ;)"

Post Edited ( 08-09-04 03:47 )

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #19 - 09 August 2004, 08:50:19
I am 205 lb.

I am 6'5"

I can walk about 2 miles an hour.

In school, I drank a half-pint of chocolate milk every day

The fact there is a metric equivalent to those numbers is merely a cooincidence. :)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #20 - 09 August 2004, 08:54:35
HEhe, Dan should rename this whole forum to "Metric Wars" :)

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #21 - 09 August 2004, 09:12:29
no way, I'd be slaughtered! I'm, like, the only traditional person here!

1 against all you guys isn't very fair! :)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #22 - 09 August 2004, 10:33:57
Hehe, I'm partially on your side, plus I am a moderator :) people could disapear, posts would change, opinions would
shift, tradition would win..

God, I sound like a R :)

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #23 - 09 August 2004, 11:14:55
hehe..

Offline Shmi

Reply #24 - 09 August 2004, 16:33:40
I'm older than Simon so I still have a sneaky liking for "imperial" :) measurements.  In the science lab I would use
metric quantities, but cooking at home often use pounds (lb) and ounces (oz).  I measure distances in the car in miles
and speed in miles per hour.  And think of peoples weight in stones and pounds and height in feet and inches.

I'm quite happy using both systems,  but Krytom and Char only learnt metric measurements at school so get
slightly confused when they use my old cookery books.