See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: missing items  (Read 4886 times)

Offline damascus

15 April 2013, 23:22:15
I built a small lunar station with a few modules, some lights, a tank, and the solar panels. I saved this as a scenario. When I reloaded, I noticed the boxes the modules came in were still there (and very untidy) so I did an EVA and put them to one side and resaved the scenario using a different name. Now the only thing visible are the lights and boxes (and the DG-IV). Looking at the .scn files, they appear to be similar, so I was wondering where the difficulty may lie.

Offline Cras

Reply #1 - 17 April 2013, 17:28:11
Are you saying that some of the things got 'repacked' into the UCGO boxes?  If that is the case, this was an old and known bug and has been fixed in the new UCGO.   Grab the Christmas releases and you should no longer see this.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline damascus

Reply #2 - 17 April 2013, 23:37:45
Thanks. Now the DG-IV has parts flying off it. Downloading the newer DG-IV and the D3D9 client thing. Guessing that old saves won't work properly anymore?

No HUD on the DG-IV with the D3D9 client. Some strange colors near the top of the screen, but no HUD, no framerate, none of the things that were always there with the "I" key. Arrow MFD colors changed when I went to DG-IV and back, now they're bright cyan or something. Staying with no D3D9 for now.

Post Edited ( 04-18-13 00:34 )

Offline Cras

Reply #3 - 18 April 2013, 08:38:26
Sounds like something got corrupted or something because I use the D3D9 exclusively (almost anyway, I do test things out in the D3D11 client sometimes), and I have to say that it is quite stable.

First off, I would say make sure you got the current version of the D3D9 client.  I am running R10, which I think is the most current right now.

I did have issues with DGIV and animations, causing it to fly apart, but that was with an old beta build.   The current one works fine as far as I can tell thus far.

One thing if you are not seeing MFDs and getting weird graphics is to update your graphics driver.    I remember trying the D3D9 client for the first time and it caused the XR-2's 2d panel to be all sorts of broken.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline damascus

Reply #4 - 18 April 2013, 19:56:43
The new video drivers did the trick. Having a blast sending the DG-IV to build a station and then having the Arrow squash it because I forgot how enormous it is.

Offline Cras

Reply #5 - 20 April 2013, 05:40:07
Hah nice.   That Arrow is something else, it really is.   I hope to do a nice long trip with it myself coming up, maybe Neptune....or Uranus.  Never been to those two places yet in Orbiter.

And enjoy that D3D9 client, it adds so much to the Orbiter experience.   The planet glow, the reflections, its stunning.  And D3D11 will be even more so.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: 20 April 2013, 05:40:07 by Cras »
Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX