See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UCGO animation issue  (Read 6219 times)

Offline paddy2

18 February 2013, 01:52:37
I have a strange problem with a UCGO "car" I am designing.

I have made a mesh and its has a number of groups. I am able to get the front and back wheels to rotate and the front left and right fenders work ok.

When I then come to the animated groups I have an issue.

Two of the groups will move through 90 degrees from their start position , one at 90 and the other at -90. i.e. from the side of the main mesh they both fold inwards.  At the end of their travel they are in the desired position. So far no problem. When toggled they return to the start position.  All as per the SDK.

The 3rd group will start its travel..... but at the end it springs back to the start position!!!

When toggled it is instantly drawn in the end position  (having been shown in the start position) and slowly returns to the start position as if all was ok.

I have deleted and drawn a new mesh group, no difference.
I have used the same group as both "AuxAnim1GrNbr" and as "AuxAnim2GrNbr"

Press key 1 and I have the problem BUT if I then press 2 it works fine.

It seems as if there is an issue with "AuxAnim1GrNbr"

Any ideas gents

I have put this up on the main Orbiter forum but got little response.

Offline paddy2

Reply #1 - 19 February 2013, 21:55:34
Hello Gents,

Anybody got any ideas ?

Offline PilotRendevous

Reply #2 - 27 February 2013, 00:06:53
paddy2 wrote:
I have a strange problem with a UCGO "car" I am designing.

I have made a mesh and its has a number of groups. I am able to get the front and back wheels to rotate and the front left and right fenders work ok.

When I then come to the animated groups I have an issue.

Two of the groups will move through 90 degrees from their start position , one at 90 and the other at -90. i.e. from the side of the main mesh they both fold inwards.  At the end of their travel they are in the desired position. So far no problem. When toggled they return to the start position.  All as per the SDK.

The 3rd group will start its travel..... but at the end it springs back to the start position!!!

When toggled it is instantly drawn in the end position  (having been shown in the start position) and slowly returns to the start position as if all was ok.

I have deleted and drawn a new mesh group, no difference.
I have used the same group as both "AuxAnim1GrNbr" and as "AuxAnim2GrNbr"

Press key 1 and I have the problem BUT if I then press 2 it works fine.

It seems as if there is an issue with "AuxAnim1GrNbr"

Any ideas gents

I have put this up on the main Orbiter forum but got little response.

I may be able to help you there, but I need to know the position of said animation in reference to the vehicle, and i need to know what the animation IS if you could do that i may be able to help. :) Oh, and by the way, why do you say 'just three more orbits and then I'm done, honest!' I don't see anyone annoyed with you or anything, so don't worry! :)

Post Edited ( 02-27-13 00:14 )

Don't Reply, Just fly! (Especially, if you heard my shot, because you weren't the target if you did........ yet!)

Offline paddy2

Reply #3 - 27 February 2013, 02:36:11
In the end I just published the add-on with 3 animations using key 2,3,4 with 5 as a radar.  ( UCGO Gantry by the way)

I will have to start a whole new model and work through a bunch of options to track it down better.  Truth is I was fishing to see if anyone else had had a problem as there are not many other  UCGO "cars" .  I knew the fuel truck worked with key 1 but could not find a "car" with moving parts which was not Dans!

I will dig deeper and publish what I find.

As for the 3 more orbits..... read it as  " oohhhh Mum just 5 minutes more"

Offline PilotRendevous

Reply #4 - 11 March 2013, 22:16:04
Ah I see, well thanks for clearing that up, and if you have any more problems pm me and Ill get back to you:)

Don't Reply, Just Fly!

Don't Reply, Just fly! (Especially, if you heard my shot, because you weren't the target if you did........ yet!)

Offline paddy2

Reply #5 - 22 March 2013, 02:42:10
Well I am in the final stages of tweeking my 2nd modeal an all 5 animations work fine. ( or 4 plus radar)

No idea what went wrong with my 1st

Offline PilotRendevous

Reply #6 - 29 March 2013, 03:55:01
Well good job on your second, good luck on the others, and sorry about the first one. Again, very good job!

Offline paddy2

Reply #7 - 27 May 2013, 02:08:32
Would believe its happened again.

New model of a solar array.  The "radar" rotation is used to move the panels to line up with the sun.
Except that the panels spring back to the start position when the radar (i.e. key 5) is stopped.

The cfg file is a copy of a working file for my gantry which works fine.  When I alter the cfg file so the "radar" is another group it acts just the same, springing back to start.

I have no idea what I did to fix the first model, even less for my 2nd

Offline PilotRendevous

Reply #8 - 22 June 2013, 19:50:41
okay, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but why not have it lock on to the sun, just like the radar on the DG-IV, it locks on to vessels, planets, and bases, so just do the same thing to the solar array on you 'radar', so it can lock on to the sun and stay pointing at it. Message me when you see this. Thanks

Don't reply, Just fly!

Post Edited ( 07-01-13 17:30 )

« Last Edit: 22 June 2013, 19:50:41 by PilotRendevous »