See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PRO110SPEC0 how to modify Autopilot settings  (Read 2758 times)

Offline paddy2

22 July 2012, 03:53:24
Have only found Orbiter in the last month or so and loving it ( July 2012)
While I am still learning and looking through forums, downloading addons I was unable to find out either how to do or if it can be done.

How can one write any extra autopilot routines other than quoted in the manual, or modify the one's already written,
i.e. have the auto pilot be able to hold/ change course, hold / change heading AND hold change SPEED.

I know there are "ALT 1, 2 and 3" but these do not have course and height.

I really do not want to sound ungrateful.  The program is Freeware, the add-ons represent 100's of hours of work.

If the answer is NO, so be it. If its yes Could some one point me in the right direction as I have looked but seem unable to find an answer one way or other

Thanks in advance

Offline Ripley

• My Orbiter section on www.tuttovola.org
Reply #1 - 31 July 2012, 22:42:00
Try to modify the files located in:
YOUR_HD:\orbiter\Sound\deltagliderIV\PROG

And RTM, it's there.

Offline paddy2

Reply #2 - 01 August 2012, 18:51:03
Having read the manual was how I thought the auto pilots could be altered.  The files in "PROG" show the steps in 4 of the auto pilots but not ( to my mind ) how to alter and get the system to reread the changes.  While I can not write in C++ , I can look at a listing and think if I change this varable it would go higher , that one would make it point north; that sort of thing.

Thanks for the input mind

Offline JT_Frost

Reply #3 - 02 August 2012, 02:49:24
Have you also noticed the other modes? atmospheric auto, and re-entry; both manual and automatic,

orbiter 2010 has an RCS attitude control mfd.  You can also find other autopilot mfds on orbithangar.com

By the way, this 2010 solar sail addition is crazy;  like buzzing the sun on a kite,  You might want to bring a big ship or a fleet of small shuttles because its a long trip.

Post Edited ( 08-02-12 06:21 )

« Last Edit: 02 August 2012, 02:49:24 by JT_Frost »