See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bug? Loading DG-IV2 causes problems for XR-2  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Cpt Kyleus

12 July 2010, 02:54:53
Hi All,

Dan, first let me say that I am a BIG fan of your work. the DG-IV is a pleasure to fly, especially the autopilots and now the UCGO is keeping me very busy.

Recently, I noticed a problem when I docked an XR-2 to Luna OB-1 and I switched on External Cooling in the XR-2. After exiting, I saved the scenario (by renaming the "Current State" one).  It crashed to desktop (CTD) anytime I loaded that scenario. I am sure that it was the external cooling state since after I toggled it off, editing the scenario line to "EXTCOOLING_STATUS 0", and then it loaded okay.  I should also note that this behavior was not a problem docked to the UCGO modified ISS.  Using Doug Beachy's advice on Orbiter Forum, I did a clean install and the problem did not persist indicating that the problem was not the XR2 but likely another add-on, the next add-on I added was DG-IV2 (my favorite, ;-) ) then the problem immediately reoccurred!

I really enjoy having both SpaceTech and Altea vehicles in "my world" but something seems to be amiss.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  I really am not sure what to do next.  It's not the end of the world but it is annoying.

My system specs:
Intel Core i7 975 @ 3.99 GHz
12 GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 295
Dell 3007 30" LCD Flat Panel
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Orbiter 2010 (100606) with loaded modules: Orbiter Sound, ScnEditor, transx
Current addons for this test: OrbiterSound35, UniversalMmu_100114, XR2Ravenstar-1.1b (that's all !)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

« Last Edit: 12 July 2010, 02:54:53 by Cpt Kyleus »
Cpt Kyleus