See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: And now for something completely different!  (Read 3770 times)

Offline Capricorn

28 June 2007, 13:17:43
I just had an interesting thought about a new DeltaGlider for Orbiter that combines both advanced engineering and luxury just
like Boeing did with the 787! I have here a proposal for a new DeltaGlider called BusinessGlider.

The idea of the Business Glider is effectively simple: to make the DeltaGlider even more advanced and now create a special
luxury environment where passengers can feel like their flying in a 5-star spacecraft. It will have almost every kind of
advanced technology possible: state of the art controls, propulsion, design and sleek performance at all altitudes. What I'm
suggesting are the following components for the Business Glider:

Enhanced "cold" engines with more thrust/performance
(Deprived from the DIRECT rocket's RS-68 Regen core, except throttle-able and reusable)
More advanced controls
(Deprived from the Space Shuttle/CEV/Boeing 787)
Lightweight, but strong flight material
(Deprived from the Airbus A380)
Emergency landing airbags
(Deprived from the CEV)
Luxury business cabin
(Deprived from the Boeing Business Glider)
Jettison-able side doors
(Deprived from the Boeing 747)
Oxygen purification
(Deprived from the Boeing 787)
Suits with deployable Paracones
(Deprived from the Douglas concept)
Expandable solar panels to provide extra power
(Deprived from the Apollo Solar Telescope)
And much more I can't list here.

For you see here, over the years, technology will become more revolutionary, more exciting and more innovating, which is also
what we want for Orbiter. Nothing is impossible, so we can make parts of the Business Glider work properly as well as make
them look cool. After all, it's the taxpayers that are paying for every space vehicle manufactured on Earth. And for the many
months to come, the Glider may receive new payloads that could have great benefits for the world and the universe. So, if
this spacecraft could actually be made, it would be a new turning point in space exploration.

So, in the months ahead, sit back, relax, and think about the next big thing for the stars: the Business Glider.
With the Business Glider, how would you explore in life?

Nugent Ballistic Vehicle Agency
Concepts are our joy!

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #1 - 03 July 2007, 15:47:56
Hm... don't want to spoil the enthusiasm, but I find this post rather odd post.

My ideas after reading this:

1. Appart from the expandable solar panels DG4 either has all you state OR you can imagine it has it OR is not related to it
(but rather to MMUs) - point: not worth spending time coding it as it would only marginally improve DG4 as it is already.

2. Sounds great, looking forward to trying it out. When are you making it?

3. Is this a completely new form of spam I am not aware of?

4. You do realise DG is fictional spacecraft...?

(still rather puzzled...)

5. How does Deltaglider III fit into this scheme? :D

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline Capricorn

Reply #2 - 05 July 2007, 07:24:49
In response to your question:

1. OK. I guess I made a few mistakes. But there's a few things you missed while reading my thing:

Oxygen purification can mean less space sickness.
Paracones can save an astronaut's live in space with a spare retrorocket and heatshield.
I'm talking about those controls from the Space Shuttle that you don't see in the DeltaGlider.
I'm talking about a different interior: a luxury interior which gives the glider a 5-star environment.

2. It's just a CONCEPT! Oh, and tell the others if you can give me your email addresses, I shall send you an information package.
3. What?! The BusinessGlider ain't made of meat!
4. But some of it's components would be actually possible in real life, wouldn't it?
5. It doesn't! Why do you mention the DeltaGliderIII?

Got any problems? Get back to me soon.

Concepts are our joy!

Offline Capricorn

Reply #3 - 05 July 2007, 07:24:59
In response to your questions:

1. OK. I guess I made a few mistakes. But there's a few things you missed while reading my thing:

Oxygen purification can mean less space sickness.
Paracones can save an astronaut's live in space with a spare retrorocket and heatshield.
I'm talking about those controls from the Space Shuttle that you don't see in the DeltaGlider.
I'm talking about a different interior: a luxury interior which gives the glider a 5-star environment.

2. It's just a CONCEPT! Oh, and tell the others if you can give me your email addresses, I shall send you an information package.
3. What?! The BusinessGlider ain't made of meat!
4. But some of it's components would be actually possible in real life, wouldn't it?
5. It doesn't! Why do you mention the DeltaGliderIII?

Got any problems? Get back to me soon.

Oh, sorry! Must have posted this thing twice! :(

Post Edited ( 07-05-07 23:37 )

Concepts are our joy!

Offline aftercolumbia2

Reply #4 - 10 July 2007, 03:23:21
Here's a rather disgusting idea: the first time the DG turns the seat belt light off after reaching orbit, have one of the
passengers vomit and have small multicolored debris in the cabin (just kidding.)

An extra 'P' got into the word "derived", making it sound equally vulgar.

Terry Wilson
After Columbia Project

Offline Simonpro

Reply #5 - 10 July 2007, 07:15:34
Heck, at least they weren't depraved ideas ;)

-------------------------------

Offline CAPFLIGHT F-18

Reply #6 - 10 July 2007, 22:35:36
just becuase it's a concept, doesn't mean someone wont actuallt make a DG-** in the future. good ideas.

Fooly Cooly!

Offline Capricorn

Reply #7 - 02 August 2007, 09:40:28
Oh, by the way, I'm also working on something called the DeltaPassengerGlider. It is a very special spacecraft that
can carry up to 32 civilians and one pilot, compared to Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo which can only carry about seven or
eight. The glider will also use new aerospike engines (not shown in the preview picture here) which, compared to bell-shaped
engines, won't be the victim of combustion instability, a danger associated with developing even the most powerful
liquid-fueled rocket engines.
The hatch and the EVA chamber for the spacecraft has been deleted, instead being replaced with fuel tanks or a space radar
system, depending on the best suited features for a passenger spacecraft. If the glider should have to abort it's ascent
during launch, due to a systems malfunction or engine problems, it can glide back to a conventional runway, and panels can be
jettisoned from the glider to allow passengers to escape easily.
And that's all I can tell you about this impressive machine. Hope you like it. :)

Concepts are our joy!

Offline tl8roy

Reply #8 - 04 August 2007, 09:58:12
Possibly a docking port in the middle pointing up and an extendable airlock.

Looks a bit cramped to, at the back especially if it is the same size as a normal DGIV.

TL8

"To Learn Programming you need not know the language but how to copy and paste."

Offline Delta Glider3 lover

Reply #9 - 06 August 2007, 17:36:37
Capricorn wrote:
Oh, by the way, I'm also working on something called the DeltaPassengerGlider. It is a very special spacecraft that
can carry up to 32 civilians and one pilot, compared to Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo which can only carry about seven or
eight. The glider will also use new aerospike engines (not shown in the preview picture here) which, compared to bell-shaped
engines, won't be the victim of combustion instability, a danger associated with developing even the most powerful
liquid-fueled rocket engines.
The hatch and the EVA chamber for the spacecraft has been deleted, instead being replaced with fuel tanks or a space radar
system, depending on the best suited features for a passenger spacecraft. If the glider should have to abort it's ascent
during launch, due to a systems malfunction or engine problems, it can glide back to a conventional runway, and panels can be
jettisoned from the glider to allow passengers to escape easily.
And that's all I can tell you about this impressive machine. Hope you like it. :)

Whoah! That  thing is HUGE!?! 8o Can't  wait to see the end result.

Offline Capricorn

Reply #10 - 17 August 2007, 00:36:35
tl8roy wrote:
Possibly a docking port in the middle pointing up and an extendable airlock.

Looks a bit cramped to, at the back especially if it is the same size as a normal DGIV.

This is a version of the DeltaPassengerGlider that will only be used for trans-atlantic or Moon circumnavigational flights.
And it won't be cramped, because the people inside don't have to wear spacesuits. In the meantime, future
DeltaPassengerGliders may include a docking ring for compatibility with the ISS or Mir.
If you've got a problem with that, let me know!

« Last Edit: 17 August 2007, 00:36:35 by Capricorn »
Concepts are our joy!