See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DGIII issues  (Read 1607 times)

Offline dmitrik

13 September 2005, 15:57:57
First, thanks for this great add-on!

Just a few minor glitches I've encountered. I apologize if this has been already reported.

1. Pressing numpad-"/" key crashes the program instantly (100% repeatable) - very annoying. The button works properly with
other spacecraft.

2. If I open two MFDs of the same type but different settings andf then switch switch to external or upper/lower panel view
and then back, then left MFD settings are reset to those of the rgiht MFD. For example if I set left MFD for earth orbit and
right MFD for moon orbit then after view change both MFDs will show moon orbit.

3. Sometimes I got buttons for the wrong MFD (usually buttons for surface MFD appear when the MFD is in some other mode).
Swithing to upper/lower panel and back fixes that.

4. If I switch to another app and then back to the orbiter MFD screens are garbled. Swithing to upper/lower panel and back
fixes that.

5. DV+/- and EJ+/-  buttons sometimes get stuck in transfer MFD (looks like mouse-up event gets lost).  Sometimes after I use
those buttons to set DV or EJ the value keep changing after I release the button and simply move the mouse around the MFD screen.

A bit more details on numpad-"/" crash. It appears to be crashing in orbitersound.dll: certain member function at address
xxx01850 (xxx is the base addr of orbitersound.dll which is in my case 0x00E) gets called with NULL "this" pointer (ecx
register is 0 on entry). The function gets called from PlayVesselExclusiveWaveOBSound3() (xxx0AA10) at address xxx0AAC8.  It
gets the value of ecx from table at addr xxx18D88 at index 0. PlayVesselExclusiveWaveOBSound3() is called with parameters
(0,35,0,255,0). I guess it has something to do with "Rotation"/"Translation" sound, I tried turning that off in soundconfig
with no effect. I couldn't investigate further without the source :(

Again, thanks a lot for doing this stuff

Regards,
Dmitri

« Last Edit: 13 September 2005, 17:56:18 by dmitrik »

Offline killingsnake

Reply #1 - 13 September 2005, 17:56:17
dmitrik wrote:

1. Pressing numpad-"/" key crashes the program instantly (100% repeatable) - very annoying. The button
works properly with
other spacecraft.

4. If I switch to another app and then back to the orbiter MFD screens are garbled. Swithing to upper/lower panel
and back
fixes that.

1. Normaly, the use of the numpad-"/" key is used for changing from RCS rotation to RCS translation and vica versa.

tryed reinstalling orbiter again? Works with me mostly if some strange error likes that happens :lol: .

4. And the garbled screens problem is known to me => It happens to me to. I bought me a new graphic card a month
ago (ati radeon 9600 XP), had the problem with my old graphic card to ( Nvidea geforce 2), and still have it now, so i
think this is a common problem.

So, I hope this is atleast a little help, I don't try the other ones, afraid i will say wrong things, and i think everybody
hates a false "help" :) .

« Last Edit: 13 September 2005, 17:56:18 by killingsnake »