See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Small Problems - DGIII 2005 (050126)  (Read 1713 times)

Bob Denny

12 July 2005, 04:56:31
Hi --

First I'd like to say that DGIII is wonderful!!

Here are a few small things I have noted.

When a scenario is restarted after saving, the MFD buttons aren't the correct ones for the MFD. Even the Map MFD appears with
the wrong buttons. Selecting some other MFD, then returning to the original one (in the scenario) corrects the buttons.

When an MFD open an "input box", hitting Enter to complete the input box causes the FC display to beep and display "Error-
Invalid entry".  I don't think the FC should detect Enter when pressed to complete an input box from an MFD.

I am not clear on this, but if you start Orbiter, run a DGIII scenario, then go back to the launch pad then start another
(same or different) DGIIi scenario, the settings from OrbiterSound config are ignored...  Does this make sense? I have the
environmental sounds disabled, and they do not play on the first DGIII scenario after cold-starting Orbiter. But if I escape
from a DGIII scenario to launchpad then start another DGIII scenario without exiting from Orbiter, the environment sounds
play! They should not I think.

Thanks again for a fantastic add-on. I have been doing research on re-entry and the "real world" temperature limitations are
critical to learning!!!!! See my post on Orbiter boart at

http://orbit.m6.net/v2/read.asp?id=24465

with re-entry curves. DGIII made it possible to do this analysis!!

-- Bob

Bob Denny

Reply #1 - 14 July 2005, 17:40:06
I have another really crazy problem: I'm trying to use VMC to capture re-entry profiles. When the orbipc.dll module is
sctivated (and no other components of VMC are active), the pro104 re-entry autopilot goes totally crazy with the roll
thrusters, oscillating back and forth between full left and right rolling thrust levels many many times a sec.

I did notice that, with orbipc.dll loaded, the framerate decreases from 150 to 30 -- weird. And again, no other components of
VMC are active. Just the orbipc.dll being loaded. Presumably, if it is not being called to supply any data, it -shouldn't- be
any load at all.

Is it possible that this low framerate is exposing an instability in the pro104 autopilot?

-- Bob

Bob Denny

Reply #2 - 26 July 2005, 06:00:22
Something very small - DGIII allows only 2 NAV frequencies. It should allow at least 4 (as in the std. DG). This would be
useful when approaching the newer ProjectAlpha ISS, which has 5 docking ports, each with its own IDS freq.

-- Bob

« Last Edit: 26 July 2005, 06:00:22 by Bob Denny »