See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to disable or lower the low fuel alarm?  (Read 1686 times)

Offline BlackOmega

19 November 2004, 01:47:47
I don't know about you, but I'm running my DGIII on a very tight budget, and so it pays to bring it in with almost no
fuel left (especially on Earth where landings are usually aerodynamic and thus don't require fuel).

Currently the alarm goes off when the fuel level is at 6.1 (this is on the Default "iss & moon" fuel reserve), frankly I
find 6.1 to be plenty of fuel (and whetever the RCS alarm level is is plenty too!), so basically this alarm is going off
when
nothing's actually wrong.

Not only is this annoying, if it happens at the wrong time it can cause confusion and pilot error ("Aaagh! what's the
alarm going off for?!? Frantically check all the panels - oh, wait, the craft is pitching over and burning up - aaagh,
we're all dead!").

Is there any way to disable it, or at least lower it? If it went off at, say, 0.5 it might be useful :-)

« Last Edit: 19 November 2004, 02:17:06 by BlackOmega »
Cheers,
Paul

Offline canadave

Reply #1 - 19 November 2004, 02:17:06
hahaha...funny post!

There's no way to disable it (or change it), as far as I know.  I think that's an option that's set at the factory ;)  Look
at it this way--can you change the low fuel warning light level on your car?  Nope.  Same with the DG3 ;)

« Last Edit: 19 November 2004, 02:17:06 by canadave »