See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mercury Redstone project Pictures from NASSAC  (Read 3730 times)

John

06 July 2003, 04:21:45
Below are some pictures of the Mercury Redstone that we built for NASSAC. Some of you were
expressed interest in these . I hope you enjoy them. If some of the pictures do not show it is
because I may have forgot to upload the specfic list. Just ignore any blanks.

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/lcwed3001.jpg[img]

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/lcwed3002.jpg[img]

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/lcwed3004.jpg[img]

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/lcwed3005.jpg[img]

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/lcwed3006.jpg[img]

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/lcwed3007.jpg[img]

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/rocket015.jpg[img]

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/rocket5001.jpg[img]

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/rocket5006.jpg[img]

The following is a 7 MB mpeg video of the final moments of the docking at ISS susing the project
Alpha station. The quality is low so do not expnad it. Personally I think the audio with the kids
excitement in the background is the best part. The kids ages range from 7-9. This was their first
mission and their training on Orbiter consisted of just three days. At times they made things
difficult and critical but we managed to overcome them all for a successful mission. I hope you can
access the video from Dans ftp server. I uploaded it and all seemed to go well. If not I will work it
out. I am planning on producing a CD with the highlights of the mission on it so all the kids can
have it to remember their experience. If anybody on the forum would like a copy of the CD just
send me your snail mail address and i will send you copy out no charge. Please give me however,
a couple of weeks to get this accomplished.  Just go to the address below to view the video. Again
I apollogize for the quality, but to make it small enough I had to reduce the pixel rate.

ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/docking2.mpg

Hey Dan, is there a tag that I should use for the mpg files?

John

Reply #1 - 06 July 2003, 04:28:34
Author: John
Date:   07-06-03 04:21

Below are some pictures of the Mercury Redstone that we built for NASSAC. Some of you were
expressed interest in these . I hope you enjoy them. If some of the pictures do not show it is

Let's try this again, I am not sure of the format for the img tag so let's try this:

The following is a 7 MB mpeg video of the final moments of the docking at ISS susing the project
Alpha station. The quality is low so do not expnad it. Personally I think the audio with the kids
excitement in the background is the best part. The kids ages range from 7-9. This was their first
mission and their training on Orbiter consisted of just three days. At times they made things
difficult and critical but we managed to overcome them all for a successful mission. I hope you can
access the video from Dans ftp server. I uploaded it and all seemed to go well. If not I will work it
out. I am planning on producing a CD with the highlights of the mission on it so all the kids can
have it to remember their experience. If anybody on the forum would like a copy of the CD just
send me your snail mail address and i will send you copy out no charge. Please give me however,
a couple of weeks to get this accomplished. Just go to the address below to view the video. Again
I apollogize for the quality, but to make it small enough I had to reduce the pixel rate.

Hey Dan, is there a tag that I should use for the mpg files?

Updated by moderator

John

Reply #2 - 06 July 2003, 04:37:14
Ok now I think I have it: Sorry about the added post Dan.

Below are some pictures of the Mercury Redstone that we built for NASSAC. Some of you
expressed interest in these . I hope you enjoy them. If some of the pictures do not show, it is

a couple of weeks to get this accomplished. Just go to the address below to view the video. Again

John

Reply #3 - 06 July 2003, 04:55:43
I don't know why many of the pictures did not show and why the video will not load for me. Let's
see........

It may be because I copied and pasted the tag on these other pictures. AHH a learning moment --
you can't cut and past tags.....????  Ok ..........I got the rest to show up but I forgot to load
lcwed3005-7 to the server. So thats it.

Has anybody been able to load the mpg file?

John

Offline harmsway

Reply #4 - 07 July 2003, 14:57:09
Yea I got it, no problem. I just went to Dans FTP root for direct access.

http://ftp://ftp2.dansteph.com/dansteph/

Gene

Offline DannyS

Reply #5 - 10 July 2003, 04:46:17
John,
I can provide more server space if you require it, so maybe you can enhance the quality of the
video's.  I could also make you a web page for your videos, pictures, and whatever else you need.  
All totally free of course.

Send me an e-mail at either weirddanny@hotmail.com or dannys@mowshed.com

Thanks!,
Danny

-Danny

John

Reply #6 - 11 July 2003, 03:45:27
Thanks Dan,

I will work on the video's and get them ready and maybe we can load them one at a time. I will
keep them between 14-20MB. I will balance time/ quality and size as much as possible. When I
get them ready I will let you know. :)

John

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #7 - 12 July 2003, 02:37:18
BTW:

I just oppened a free acount on free.fr provider
just to have access to usenet
I have here 100 mo of web space that I don't use
if you don't mind to have a .fr adress I can give you
all the pass and you can mount here a whole
web site.

Let me know if your interested.

Dan

John Abent

Reply #8 - 14 July 2003, 13:06:13
I am interested Dan. I will be working on the Videos today. I can also work on putting together a
web page to upload to the site if you want. I don't mind the .fr address. Once again Dan thanks
for your thoughtfulness.  

John

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #9 - 15 July 2003, 10:34:03
You'll receive a mail in 10mn ;)

Dan

SCE TO AUX

Reply #10 - 26 September 2003, 05:09:05