See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where damages, crushes?  (Read 2305 times)

Offline hux0r

24 May 2006, 19:56:03
Ðåáÿòà! Âñå êðóòî, Orbiter ýòî ïðîñòî ñóïåð!!! ìîëîäöû! ðåàëèñòè÷íîñòü, óïðàâëåíèå è ãðàôèêà íà âûñîòå!
×åñòíî ñêàçàòü ïðîãðàììà ìåíÿ ïîðàçèëà ñâîåé ðåàëèñòè÷íîñòüþ. Åäèíñòâåííîå ÷òî ÿ íå ïîíÿë, à ãäå ðàçðóøåíèÿ, ïî÷åìó èõ íåò??
(damage not active! no working) Ðàçðóøåíèÿ (damages, crushes) - ýòîò ìîìåíò çàíèìàåò íå ïîñëåäíþþ ðîëü â ðåàëèçìå ìîäåëè.
Áóäóò ëè âûïóùåíû ïàò÷è, äîáàâëåíèÿ (addon's) ê ïðîãðàììå ðåàëèçóþùèå ýôôåêòíûå ðàçðóøåíèÿ?

Ñïàñèáî!
p.s Pavel from Russia.

Offline StarLost

Reply #1 - 24 May 2006, 20:24:34
Thought I had my computer Russified so I could read anything from SiberianTiger, Kulch and Artlav. Guess not.

huxOR, what font are you using? All I see is the usual garbage if you don't have the correct Cyrillic font. Try Lucida Sans
Unicode.

Trying to answer from the topic line:

Some addons have skins that make the craft appear to have damage. At present, there is no collision modelling built into the
Orbiter core, though Artlav is doing well developing Visosad. The vast majority of the Orbiter community are more interested
in the correct simulation of spaceflight, very little interest in spectacular crashes and simulating damage. If you want
that, there are any number of space shoot 'em ups that you can get. Orbiter is not a space shooter.

Offline hux0r

Reply #2 - 24 May 2006, 20:46:15
ok, Orbiter is not a space shooter, but realism for landings (crached) is very very important!

Offline StarLost

Reply #3 - 25 May 2006, 06:36:19
This particular topic has been discussed at length on the main Orbiter Forums. While there is a strong desire for such,
there is an even stronger desire not to have it.

You know if you have pranged a landing or failed a maneuver. Majority opinion is that there is no need for more
ghoulish graphics to express that. While this may be just my opinion, it seems that the greatest vocalization for crash
simulation is from a small cadre who want duplicate one of the disastrous missions. The more mature among us (read
most of us) want nothing to do with it.

Mind you, there is nothing to stop you from designing and coding your own addon to do it, if you want. You will just
be missing certain elements that you need for awhile.

But in any case, Pavel, welcome to Orbiter. I hope it will be a long association.

(I would have tried a bit of my meager Russian, but I'm at work and that keyboard description is at home.
SiberianTiger will be disappointed with me.)

Offline Artlav

Reply #4 - 25 May 2006, 12:32:34
Orbiter-ýòî ñèìóëÿòîð, à íå èãðà-ñòðåëÿëêà, òàê ÷òî ðàñêðàøåííûå ðàçðóøåíèÿ ñ íèì íå î÷åíü ñîâìåñòèìû.
 ïàò÷àõ ýòîãî òî÷íî íå áóäåò. À âîò àääîíû, êîòîðûå ëîìàþòñÿ, åñòü, íàïðèìåð Deltaglider III ñ ýòîãî ñàéòà.
Äàæå îáû÷íûé Deltaglider èç 2006 ìîæåò ñëîìàòüñÿ ïðè íåïðàâèëüíîì âõîäå â àòìîñôåðó.
Íî â áîëüøèíñòâå ñëó÷àåâ ïðèä¸òñÿ èñïîëüçîâàòü âîîáðàæåíèå.

Åñëè æå òåáå õî÷åòñÿ ÷åãîòî âðîäå:

Òî âîïðîñ - íàôèãà?

Offline Kulch

Reply #5 - 27 May 2006, 15:59:54
Artlav âñå âåðíî ñê ç ë. Êñò òè, Ï âåë, çäåñü íå î÷åíü-òî ïðèíÿòî ãîâîðèòü ïî-ðóññêè. Äîáðî ïîæ ëîâ òü ñþä  ;)

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewforum.php?f=35

Post Edited ( 05-27-06 16:01 )

Yury Kulchitsky (Kulch)

Offline SiberianTiger

Reply #6 - 30 May 2006, 04:19:49
StarLost wrote:
Thought I had my computer Russified so I could read anything from SiberianTiger, Kulch and Artlav. Guess not.

huxOR, what font are you using? All I see is the usual garbage if you don't have the correct Cyrillic font. Try Lucida Sans
Unicode.

The possible problem is that you don't have any 8-bit fonts istalled. The character set is important too. This one is the
Cyrillic Windows-1251. Any variable width font complying with this character set should be fine for viewing this text.

(I would have tried a bit of my meager Russian, but I'm at work and that keyboard description is at home.
SiberianTiger will be disappointed with me.)

Why, in the heaven? :)

Speaking of the crash simulation in Orbiter, I second to the point of view that it shouldn't be there. There are a lot of
cool combat flight sims, both air and space, where you can have beautiful explosion and crash graphics, as well as some
decent gameplay. This is simply not what's Orbiter is intended for.

« Last Edit: 30 May 2006, 04:19:49 by SiberianTiger »
------------------------
If cars were built with the same reliability we put into our satellites, they would have wheels on the top, on the bottom and on the sides; and every position would be considered operational.
B.V. Rauschenbach