See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems with having more than 1 of certain vessels per scenario?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline AphelionHellion

25 July 2004, 12:04:35
Has anyone noticed problems with CTDs trying to have more than 1 of a given vessel per scenario? This has been
happening to me with the Doradus, which is frustrating as all heck because I need 2 to finish this scenario I'm putting
together. Now, I know certain ships use the default spacecraft DLL, such as McBrain's old version of the SpaceBus, but
ships like the doradus appear to have their own config files and everything (ie it's
doradus:doradus
and not
doradus:/spacecraft
or something)

Post Edited ( 07-25-04 12:24 )

< [yellow]C[/yellow]arpe [yellow]N[/yellow]octem! >

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #1 - 25 July 2004, 13:54:09
I don't know the Doradus but this problem often happen when
there is some global variable in the dll that are shared by all the instance
of the vessel.

Perhaps the "doradus" modul fall in this category, global could lead to several problem
and even CTD (exemple: one vessel destroy a global ressource, the other will CTD
Orbiter while trying to access it)

Best things is perhaps to ask the author ?

Dan

Hispaorbiter

Reply #2 - 18 August 2004, 18:21:00
I can answer this question. I'm the creator of Doradus 8)

You'll have this problem always with any spacecraft.dll ship, but it has also an easy solution. The problem itself is that
you cannot reference twice the same ini file to spacecraft.dll module. It will directly CTD if you do it.

Of course, the solution is obvious: you can copy doradus.ini file with another name, as example super_doradus.ini or
whatever other you want. You must also copy and rename the doradus.cfg file to the same name than ini file and
change inside it the following:

; === Configuration file for Doradus === (recommended to change the name, but not necessary)

ClassName = doradus (here you must put the new name without any extension)
Module = spacecraft

EnableXPDR = TRUE
XPDR = 400                (if you want another radio transponder, you must change it here)

And into the scenario file, you must reference the new ship. if you called it super_doradus, then you must call it:

super_doradus:super_doradus
  STATUS Orbiting Earth
  RPOS 9195706.59 -766783.72 -1086318.56
  RVEL 645.782 -190.030 6402.776

END

I hope this can help you to have a dozen Doradus class freighters crossing the solar system.

Hispa.

« Last Edit: 18 August 2004, 18:21:00 by Hispaorbiter »