See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re-entering with new Atlantis  (Read 1496 times)

Gary Shaw

25 January 2004, 07:58:52
Am having trouble re-entering with new Atlantis (I re-installed orbiter with the new version down
loaded in Jan 2004 - I especially like the robot arm console and other features BUT)...

When I pitch up to +40 degrees and enter the atmosphere, the velocity remains above 7.5 and will
not slow down enough to keep me from skipping back into space.  

I switch to the older Atlantis (version Atlantis 15 alpha) and I have no trouble re-entering

I now have to launch, rendevous, do whatever, dock with ISS and then when its time to come
home, I have to switch to Atlantis 15 alpha.

I have checked the bug file and have found nothing about this so maybe its a problem unique to
my computer?????  I have windows XP with enough memory and speed to handle orbiter.

Is anyone else having this problem????   Please advise.

Thank You
                                                                        Gary

Offline Orbiter Fan

Reply #1 - 25 January 2004, 09:14:38
The standard Atlantis doesn't have the correct lift and drag model for it to allow an 40 degree AoA
re-entry. I would suggest to starting using the Space Shuttle fleet 3.2 instead as they are much
better than Atlantis Mod 1.5a and they were written to function well with the current Orbiter
version. You find them over at www.avsim.com .

Gary Shaw

Reply #2 - 25 January 2004, 17:05:30
Orbiter fan:

Thanks for your reply.  I will follow your suggestion.  I do like the cargo bay graphics and the
grappling points shown on the robot arm console of the standard Atlantis.  Hope they patch the
standard Atlantis so that I can fly entire mission without changing birds.

Am familiar with the AvSim website but have not yet looked at the 3.2 fleet because I made the
15 Alpha choice.  Will look into the 3.2 fleet as you suggest.

Thank You

Gary

« Last Edit: 25 January 2004, 17:05:31 by Gary Shaw »