See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NEED HELP NOW  (Read 2628 times)

ace

27 March 2003, 02:30:18
when you use transfur tool do have to line up the gray line and the dodted yellow line.i have been
trynig to get to the moon but i have been having problems.i start in a low earth orbit around earth
then i alighn the orbital plan then i use the transfur tool to set up an orbit to touch the moons
orbit i set the hypothetical orbit line just past the moons orbit then i do a prograde burn till i reach
this orbit.then i use sync orbit tool to sync orbit with the moon but when i do that the numbers on
the targets side is one below the numbers of mine and when my orbit hits the bright green line it
says moon invaled target.what could i be doing wrong.i have been using the glider in this.

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #1 - 27 March 2003, 07:52:10
perhaps once the initial burn done you may have a look about the transx
MFD (the cruise function or "encounter")

but I didn't "made" the moon only outter planet (mars, etc etc)

Dan

Offline jlkingiii

Reply #2 - 27 March 2003, 18:02:12
Ace, first trying to sync with the Moon is going about things the hard way. It takes forever and burns a ton of fuel.

In the Transfer MFD setup an HTO so that the gray line is right on top of the yellow dashed line and then wait for Dte to reach 0 and do your fire. That way you should be right at the moon without having to do a sync. Like I said the first time I did this it was so right on that I hit the moon.

Also the reason that you got the 'invalid target' may very well be because you are already so close to the Moon that the automatic orbit reference has changed to the Moon. Or in other words, the Moons gravity is now stronger than the Earths. You can't sync with the Moon at that point because it is the main reference body. It would be like trying to sync with the Earth when you were in your low Earth orbit. If you saved that flight go back in and bring up the Orbit MFD change Ref to Moon. And I bet you can now turn Retrograde and do a burn to bring your ship into a Moon orbit.

« Last Edit: 27 March 2003, 18:25:58 by jlkingiii »

Offline jlkingiii

Reply #3 - 27 March 2003, 18:25:58
Oh, by the way Ace, you are doing extremly well for a beginner. Most computer games aren't rocket science, but this sim is.

Happy flying,
Jim "the Moon's newest crater" King

« Last Edit: 27 March 2003, 18:25:58 by jlkingiii »