See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DG V falling apart on take off  (Read 2989 times)

Offline charvey165

02 August 2013, 02:06:26
ok, weird as it might sound, my DG is loosing pieces when i launch . seems to be related to the landing gear. when i retract the gear the whole top of the ship rotates down and to the left , small pieces seem to fall off and the cargo bay doors are missing. when i open the cargo doors on the ground the whole cargo bay rotates up and the door textures do not move so you cant see whats inside even when open. anyone got a clue? i did a clean install of orbiter 2010 with ummu 2.0 and the UCGO with same results. i have NO other add ons installed other than the shuttle A for the UCGO .

Offline Cras

Reply #1 - 02 August 2013, 02:32:09
This is using D3D9 client I assume?

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline charvey165

Reply #2 - 02 August 2013, 03:45:37
D3D9? sorry, ive been away from orbiter for a bit, my version is the standard orbiter package .zip 100830.
i opened a new instance of the sim, added the ummu and ucgo and the DGIV-2..so far i cant re create it. no idea whats caused it but figured i could not be the only one <laughs> . i think it was the shuttle A with the ucgo, seems fine till i add that one then things seem to go crazy. suggestions?

Offline Cras

Reply #3 - 02 August 2013, 19:53:00
I saw this exact same thing back in DG IV beta testing, but it was a graphics client issue only, and it was fixed.

But first off, well welcome back to orbiter.   One of the things that have changed since you were away is that there are now 'Graphics clients', which are made by some very dedicated orbinauts.  There are a few of then, but by far the most popular, most complete and most stable is the Direct X 9 graphics client, which most people will just refer to as the D3D9 client.

I highly recommend looking into using it.  In my opinion it should be considered the standard Orbiter environment now because it offers so many benefits over the vanilla in line Direct X 7 client.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline charvey165

Reply #4 - 02 August 2013, 22:45:27
ok, tried the D3D9 client running orbiter in ng mode, game crashes due to error which i cant seem to find the orbiter.log to investigate. orbiter sound gives an error log but i dont understand it. Running in normal mode the game runs fine untill i start installing mods, then the DGIV starts to tear apart and the cargo bay does not work (textures ect).

list of whats running:
orbiter 100830 (fresh install )
patch 100830-100606 (do i need this?)
orbiter sound 3.5
DeltaGliderIV2_20100114
D3D9 stable
UCGO25_2010_ChristmasTemporary
ive just returned to orbiter and these are the only files i can find . i have NO other mods running anywhere.the UCGO is not installed at this time due to trying to figure out whats causing the problems i only installed one mod at a time for testing.

EDIT: ok installed the base orbiter, orbiter sound 4, dans delta glider IV and the D3D9 . no glitches, when i add the UCGO it comes back. im guessing its the version of UCGO thats the cause. ill update that as soon as i can find a Download for it.

« Last Edit: 03 August 2013, 01:22:13 by charvey165 »