See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Minor Idea(s) to do with DGV  (Read 2721 times)

Offline T-man

26 April 2008, 00:13:17
These are just little tweaks I'd like to see in the DGV (If I'm still alive when it comes out)

1: You know the Docking Autopilot? Yeah? Good. Well, one problem I dislike is that it does not like the Docking MFD.
You know how one just selects the target and the dock number, and it opens? Why can't the Docking Autopilot work
with that? It's a pain, really, Ctrl+I-ing every time you want to use it, and change the NAVI1 to it. My idea is let it gain
the Navi info it needs from the Docking MFD.

2: A way to enhance NAVI power, or Docking MFD range if you use number one. Maybe a new device, maybe
something already in DGIV, because, as far as I know, the DGIV doesn't have anything of the sort. (Flame me if I'm
wrong)

3: MORE CUSTOMIZATION. You know how you can choose what engine to use? Well, what if there was a easy way for
Custom Content makers to make custom engines. Why not?

I really don't know what to put here. Oh well.

Offline James.Denholm

Reply #1 - 28 April 2008, 09:30:33
Dan's first priority is FsPX. It's his only income. And he's got another thing on the go.

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline Dig Gil

Reply #2 - 28 April 2008, 17:50:00
T-man wrote:
3: MORE CUSTOMIZATION. You know how you can choose what engine to use? Well, what if there was a easy way for
Custom Content makers to make custom engines. Why not?

Once I had a creative moment and though about the concept of a new kind of DG. I call it I-DG. I-DG is like the usual
DG, but rather engines, it has wide spaces where you can put in engines in the same way you arrest payload to the
DGIV's Cargo Bay. This concept that I created is a way to make the first spacecraft with real customizable engines in
Orbiter. Would be great if someone put my ideas on the paper.

At Light Speed and Beyond!!!

Offline SlyCoopersButt

Reply #3 - 29 April 2008, 02:35:57
The only two things that come to my mind would be to 1: choose on the flight control switch to combine RCS and
Aerodynamic flight control modes like the the original DG that allows smoother medium altitude flight and 2: Be able to
choose different types of power source in the DGIV config menu for the DGIV's electricity and power. Like Space
Shuttle style fuel cells that only last about three weeks or maybe more or less. And maybe 5/10 year life Reactor or
something.

SCB

Offline James.Denholm

Reply #4 - 29 April 2008, 06:32:43
SlyCoopersButt wrote:
And maybe 5/10 year life Reactor or something.

She uses two generators, so it's power lasts infidently. Unless you're running of the emergency batteries.

-------------------------------------
The etiquette of a cigarette, vinaigrette mixed with anisette, the silhouette of a clarinet, is but a stockinet in a landaulette.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Rhymes

Offline ar81

Reply #5 - 01 June 2008, 18:47:56
Instead of putting ideas on paper, you might need to code in C++.
It would not be on paper, but inside an addon.

Offline apollo

Reply #6 - 23 July 2008, 01:11:28
I would say when you turn on the fuel cells it should take oxygen away since fuel cells use oxygen. I would also like the crashes to be more realistic.
Like when you turn next to the ground and the tip of your wings hits it would come off.

Just Orbitin'

Offline apollo

Reply #7 - 23 July 2008, 19:44:10
An engine builder is a good idea T-man. I'd also like the DGV to have a hyperdrive. I could get to neptune faster without using timewarp.

« Last Edit: 23 July 2008, 19:44:10 by apollo »
Just Orbitin'