See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trying to register on Orbiter-forum  (Read 1628 times)

Offline linguofreak

11 May 2008, 05:22:30
Having been away from the Orbiter community for a few months, and having found that the dratted M6 forum is
(Finally!!) dead, I've been trying to rejoin the community by joining Orbiter-forum. Unfortunately, I've not been able to
get a registration E-mail from orbiter-forum at either of my E-mail accounts, so I've not been able to get my account
on the forum confirmed, so I'm effectively locked out. I've tried having the confirmation E-mail resent about 10 times
to two different addresses, and have still gotten no automated response, and I've tried clicking "here" where it
says "If you suspect your email address is set wrong, go here and fill the form out so an administrator can fix
your account," twice, without any response from a human being. I have no idea whether the lack of human response
is because Tex isn't able to get through to me any better than the automated forum software is, or because he's just
busy (he seems to be the only admin there). Could somebody act as a go-between between me and him so that I can
get this resolved?

« Last Edit: 11 May 2008, 05:58:19 by linguofreak »

Offline Tex

Reply #1 - 11 May 2008, 05:58:19
Hi linguofreak,

A couple questions.. When did you initially register? If I understand correctly, you had to try registering twice with 2
different email address, yet you still havent gotten the email to complete your registration?

Are you absolutely positive you have checked your junk folder really well? I see you attempted to re-enter your email
address in case there were any typos, so that should rule out the chance your email address has a typo, however,
most of time that is the problem when someone doesn't get the confirmation email or that they simply over looked it
or deleted it with junk mail. I haven't gotten any emails from you via the contact form either, however I am currently
out of town and unable to check my inbox as I don't have MS office on this computer. I'll be home tomorrow afternoon
(Sunday) and I will look into this matter then. What username did you register with that you want to use, same as
this one on this forum?

*Edit - You may contact me via the 'Contact Us' link on the footer of O-F to discuss this as Dan's forum isn't really the place to do so.

Post Edited ( 05-11-08 06:11 )

« Last Edit: 11 May 2008, 05:58:19 by texasf1racer »
Most Respectfully,
Tex.