See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question for Jon  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Tachyon

01 January 2007, 23:17:29
..of Jumbo Firefly fame.

Jon - If you're not part of the Jumbo Firefly group then please excuse me and these questions are open to anyone.

1) with a empty cargo skid attached to the firefly's retactor arm, how does one get the mule in there to move the skid
out of the way to place another one that has cargo? [besides that fact that there are no collision detects in place]
Can I attach to the back end of a skid?

2) Moving a skid up to the firefly with the mule leaves you between the firefly and the cargo....too far to attach the
firefly's cargo arm.

...I do know that each of the cargo skids are self-motive. Was this the intended answer to both of these questions?

btw: this is still a very beatiful model. Yesterday took the firefly into high earth orbit - detached the mule - extended
the fly's cargo arm and attached cargo and released. Then chased it down with the mule, pulled it back to the fly and
re-loaded everything.... and fun was had by all.

My god - it's full of stars !

Offline JMarcure

Reply #1 - 02 January 2007, 04:56:29
Hi,

The cargo bay can only hold one skid. You move it close and the detach the mule. use the skid power to move it to
the cargo bay arm. Retract the arm and then attach the mule to it's point if you want to take it with you. There is a
cargo handling doc included which explains all about the cargo handling. Look in the Docs folder for it.

Later,
Jon

« Last Edit: 02 January 2007, 06:54:11 by JMarcure »

Offline Tachyon

Reply #2 - 02 January 2007, 06:54:11
Thanks ... I figured out how to take the mule with me ..... (sounds like saturday night - 8)) I just wanted to make sure
there wasn't something I was missing like a 2nd attachment point on the other end of the skid to pull it out. .... that
way the operator ( in '"real" life wouldn't be jumping back and forth)

I'll tell ya ... she handles MUCH different with that fuel pallet in there .... youch !

Fine work .....

« Last Edit: 02 January 2007, 06:54:11 by Tachyon »
My god - it's full of stars !