See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do you design addons?  (Read 1382 times)

Offline badspyro

09 November 2005, 00:19:36
Ok, so I am doing a comp games design corse, and I want to know how to design ships for orbiter, and what software is required.
I curently have  3D studio MAX, photoshop CS2, paintshop pro 7 and 9 and a load of other misc software...
anybody help? is there a website?
Thanks,
Badspyro

Offline StarLost

Reply #1 - 09 November 2005, 09:19:39
1. Download OrbiterSDK, install and READ ALL of the documentation (3 documents).

2. Go to Harmsway's site and check out the tutorials he has listed. If you don't know where Harmsway's site is, go here:

http://simcosmos.planetaclix.pt/

first. At Simcosmos site you will find links to most of Orbiter's resources.

3. Scan through the OrbiterSDK forum at the m6 forums (these are the main Orbiter forums, links from the Orbiter website if
you need them).

With the software you have you pretty well have everything you need to design the ships. The one thing you are missing is the
Max to Msh exporter to get your ship into Orbiters msh format. When you hit Simcosmos site, you will find it in the Tools
section, or look for Mindblast's site.

That just gets you the ship. Functionality is a different matter but there are a couple of ways to go. You will see this as
you explore the points above. Go on a trip and explore. Feel free to ask questions as you go ... but do read the documentation.

« Last Edit: 09 November 2005, 09:19:39 by StarLost »