See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: putting add ons into the game  (Read 1460 times)

jonathan

01 September 2005, 21:15:50
hi there,
im rather new to all this and i was woundering how you put the add ons on. like the viper and the daedelus. i dont knwo what
to do so can some one please help me. any reply would be most gelpful

yours faithfully jonathan

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #1 - 01 September 2005, 21:22:20
Don't know about the mentioned ones, but generally it's all about unziping to Orbiter's folder. Config goes to config, meshes
to meshes etc.

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline StarLost

Reply #2 - 02 September 2005, 07:20:49
You are a bit unclear. I interpret what you are saying two ways: 1. I want to install addons or 2. I want to make addons.
Would you please clarify what you want?

If you are talking about installing addons, you can get them from one of two main sites

www.avsim.com (you will have  to register, but it is free)

www.orbithanger.com

You will download a zipfile of the addon.  Using either Winzip or Winrar (I prefer Winrar) you will unzip the zipfile into
your Orbiter directory. Make sure you select "Use folder names" or similar to ensure that your files get to the right
directory. If you don't, you will have to do it manually, and you will probably come back here to ask for more help (no
problem, we don't mind helping new people to our addiction).

You access the addon by selecting the appropriate scenario in the Orbiter Launchpad.

You can find other sources of addons by checking the main Orbiter Forum at m6, specifically the Addon Forum. Or you can
simply ask here.

Making addons is a whole different topic. If this is what you mean, let us know, then better guidance can be offered.

And, oh, a little bit of advice Johnathan ... some people are a leeeetle bit touchy about someone calling Orbiter a game. You are safest just calling it a simulator (if you check a dictionary, it is a simulator and it is a game, too).

Post Edited ( 09-02-05 07:25 )

Offline canadave

Reply #3 - 02 September 2005, 17:03:14
Do you have to register for avsim.com?  I was under the impression it was just "click on file library and download", no
registration required.

Offline Me

Reply #4 - 03 September 2005, 04:49:13
nope now you have to be registered, they dont ask for much but it is kind of annoying.

« Last Edit: 03 September 2005, 04:49:13 by Me »
9 * 6=42
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination