See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Off Topic] GUPT IX  (Read 7107 times)

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #25 - 09 June 2005, 18:53:26
freespace2dotcom wrote:
say, mcbrain, about your quote:

"Half of the life is fortune, the other is discipline.
But discipline is vital because without it you can't take up your luck."

It should be "half of life is fortune..." yadda yadda yadda.. and so on. :)

"The" implies a specific life, and no specific life is specified so the "the" is inappropriate. :)

:lol: Thanks, I'll change that immediately! :)

Cheers,

McBrain

----------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #27 - 11 June 2005, 17:53:04
Reuters is going to the dogs... ee cats ;)

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline Travis Reed

Reply #28 - 19 June 2005, 05:53:35
I regret to inform you all that I am leaving the Orbiter community for personal reasons. I may or may not browse the forums
upon occasion.

Offline She_Da_Lier

Reply #29 - 19 June 2005, 09:53:32
That's a pity Travis. We'll miss ya.

============================

EU Software Patents directive rejected - http://ffii.org
http://strony.aster.pl/she_da_lier/

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #30 - 19 June 2005, 20:49:49
A pity indeed. As SDL said, we'll  miss ya.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #31 - 20 June 2005, 18:32:58
While we're into the discussion of leaving, I'll probably be not-posting much myself in the next three weeks or so.

It's summer break for me right now, and I've got so much time on my hands I'm going insane. So rather than refresh
the page every 5 seconds and hope somebody made some post I can make a witty reply to, (and that's rare, since
the forum's slowed down a lot lately) I'll just be taking a vacation from the forum. Fear not, I'll still be lurking around
for the unexpecting victim, but unless things pick up, I'll mostly be a no-show, for my sanity.
(you probably already noticed I've hardly posted much lately.)

see you whenever I'm finished with final fantasy VII, or when my luck breaks down and the thing crashes.

This is like the 5th copy of the game I've gotten my hands on. almost every time I've gotten farther, only to have the
CD have a scratch so bad,  I can't progress any further, or compatibility issues with software made to run on win95
when I'm working with XP in compatibility mode.

This is my furthest yet in the game, but until I've gotten past disk 1, I won't consider the curse broken. And then
there's another curse I have that prevents me from beating any final fantasy game, and I've played nearly all of them.
so It's gonna be a long one.  :(

Anyways, enough ranting.  see you. ;)

~The game master that can beat ALMOST any game in under a week. (GTA San andreas took only 3 days of
consecutive gameplay)

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #32 - 20 June 2005, 19:34:29
~The game master that can beat ALMOST any game in under a week. (GTA San andreas took only 3 days of
consecutive gameplay)

Anyone can do that. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was fun, but too short. There is a game however that literally takes months to completely complete. Morrowind is a really amazing game (considering it's 3 years old now) and has a huge landmass to explore and tons of quests to do. Atom and I have been sharing a character and have just now decided to kill the main bad guy. It was too easy because we had waited ages before we went to see him and had got really high level (46 to be exact). It's an amazing game, I can't wait for the sequel. :)

Post Edited ( 06-20-05 19:35 )

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #33 - 20 June 2005, 22:59:51
That's my character. You only got interested when it was high level.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #34 - 21 June 2005, 23:34:55
I watched the early stages of Morrowind several times, anyone can get bored of anything. It wasn't my fault I didn't
quite catch on back then.

Offline reekchaa

Reply #35 - 23 June 2005, 18:01:12
Just to gloat and share info...

I had the pleasure of working a little on Final Fantasy 7 when I switched jobs to Square L.A., although most of my
efforts went to Final Fantasy 8.  I couldn't believe how much money it raked in... It actually surpassed the income
generated by TITANIC at the time, which was over a billion dollars.  Too bad they went on and spent half of it on
creating the less-fun honolulu studio where they made the really badly organized Film "FF - Spirits within".  I worked
on that film there for a few months just as they fired almost their entire french staff... as the company's president
came in and re-developed and directed the movie himself.  (...And it looked SOOOO Good earlier on.)  My usefulness
ended up in just being lip-sync (phonemes) since most the remaining animators were non-english speaking
japanese.  Tokyo business style is fun to look at, but not so fun to be part of.  :)  Still, I have some great japanese
friends to this day from it... and the few artists that weren't exploiting me solely for my ethnicity.  ;)

BTW... If anyone wants to attend SIGGGRAPH this year (Atom reminded me that I missed E3) ... you can register and
get a FREE pass code at:  http://www.siggraph.org/s2005/main.php?f=registration
...click Online Registration; choose attendee/exhibit only and enter: Dis268 then follow all the prompts.  They will ask
you if you want to upgrade to Exhibit Plus, but that part's up to you.  It's totally free otherwise.  
It's in Aug, so maybe I'll see some of you there.  It's a huge convention/party.. and there's tons of employment
opportunities for artists.  
Here in Glendale, Dreamworks is opening their new studio, Disney is already working on 4
new CG films to be finished over the next 7 years... I still need back surgery before I can make the big-big money
again, but YOU ALL personally deserve to develop the next Incredibles, Finding Nemo, or Orbiteers film for your
friends and family AND get paid $90k a year doing it.  Pixar's especially keen on hiring french artists right now... So
Bring Your Resume/Demo Reel!   (...If only Dan could re-locate.. and get paid for what he's worth.)

here's a good link of the kind of artists you'll usually find at Siggraph: [/color]
http://cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=121&page=1&pp=25&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1

« Last Edit: 23 June 2005, 18:01:12 by reekchaa »
~ the Reekchaa