See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6139 times)

Offline DGIII

07 May 2005, 20:58:07
I am from Croatia - because of that I don`t speak English well
I am 15 years old
I have orbiter version 031217 - don`t tell me that I must download the newest version because I don`t
One years i try to learn how to fly the orbiter
I have Dan`s DeltaGlider III
I try many tutorials but I didn`t complete any

My Question:

Can somebody PLEASE HELP me - I Want to learn how to fly Orbiter MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #1 - 07 May 2005, 22:05:26
How exactly are we supposed to help you from where we are?
Oh, and you must download the newest version.:turning: Orbitersound and the DGIII need to run on the latest copy,
I think.

If we could help you we would, but you just have to read the manual and pick things up slowly like all the rest of us
had to do. That's what the tutorials are, our way of helping. ;)

Offline DGIII

Reply #2 - 07 May 2005, 22:28:39
can you tell me one easy tutorial - for begginer

:help:  :sad:

Offline felixar90

Reply #3 - 07 May 2005, 23:07:33
There is no other tutorial than the pricipal one. And I tink there is not more easy to understand ... Can someone traduct
this in english Orbiter n'est pas aussi simple que dans les films, dans l'espace réel d'orbiter, le voyage en ligne droite
n'existe pas (presque) tu doit te metre en orbite, alligner les plans, synchroniser les orbites, leur appogé et leur périgé,
calculer le DeltaV, calculer l'endroit un sera ta cible dans le temps que tu prendra pour la rejoindre etc

Félix

Offline DGIII

Reply #4 - 07 May 2005, 23:09:30
but what tutorial is that pricipal?

Post Edited ( 05-07-05 23:09 )

Offline StrangeVortex

Reply #5 - 08 May 2005, 02:22:30
Look at these pages (in english)
http://www.eharm.net/shop/freeware/orbiter/tutorials/tutorials.html

or this tutorial by Trevor Johns :
http://members.fortunecity.com/tjohns/

And don't forget to read the manual included in the orbiter distribution ;)

Si tu apprends à parler français, tu trouveras de superbes tutoriaux en français sur cette page du site de DanSteph :)
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?topic=28.msg217#msg217

Offline StarLost

Reply #6 - 08 May 2005, 03:52:38
DGIII:

You must walk before you can run.  As per previous advice, start with Trevor Johns tutorial. You can get it from Dan's
download pages on this site. The Olympus Spaceport scenario may be missing if you have updated to the latest version of
Orbiter (which is recommended, but certainly not mandatory), so you may have to search the M6 Orbiter forums for it (I think
that BBurger uploaded a copy to Orbithangar (or SpaceSimMods) but I can email you a copy if you need it.

After you become good at Trevor Johns tutorial then go on to the others mentioned.

English is not a necessity. For many of us here it is a second language (Dr. Schweiger's first language is german, afterall).
There are translation facilities on the 'Net that you can pass manual files through, and other textual items. Take a look at
Dan's Orbinauts Map to see if other Croatians are involved. New friends are always welcome. If no other Croatians are
evident, well perhaps someone from Lubyana, Slovenia might be coerced to help. He's almost a neighbor.

Now back to flying.  An airforce pilot starts his flying instruction in a vehicle similar to a Cessna.  He doesn't just jump
in a Tornado or MIG 31 and takeoff. So start with the Shuttle PB. Once you get good (doing Trevor Johns tutorial without the
book) then try the DG3. After you achieve competence then try the Shuttle fleet.

Orbiter takes time. It is not instant gratification. You must learn.  I've been flying Orbiter since it first came out. I
still find things that I need to learn and reinforce. I still crash and burn with amazing regularity.

And as for help, it is much easier to answer a specific question than a broadbased plea. Shorten up your question and make it
more concise. You will find you get much better help that way.

And ... oh ... the DGIII is Dan's baby. Maybe a change in forum name might be considered?

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #7 - 08 May 2005, 14:20:43
Zdravo DGIII,

Ja sam sa Slovenije ako hoces mozes mi slati privatnu poruku, pa ti mozem obrazloziti koncepte u vezi s Orbiterom. Poznavanje
orbitalne dinamike je veoma vazno u ovom simulatoru, jer je VRLO realisticna.

Translation:
Hi, I'm from Slovenia and if you wish you can send me a private message, so I can explain some concepts regarding Orbiter.
Knowing orbital dynamics is very important in this sim, as it is VERY realistic.

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline DGIII

Reply #8 - 08 May 2005, 15:37:17
Yes, I played the Trevor Johns tutorial but I can`t pass the part when I must low Ecc to 0

DocHoliday I will contact you in private message

Offline Strogoff

Reply #9 - 10 May 2005, 20:27:57
What an International Bunch of friends we are !! :applause:

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #10 - 10 May 2005, 21:36:04
ORBITER -> international friends -> peace and freedom :)

Cheers,

McBrain

----------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Offline StarLost

Reply #11 - 14 May 2005, 08:04:41
No matter what tribe we derive from, what language we speak, what deity we look to for guidance, what geographical point of
origin ...

We are all Terran.

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #12 - 14 May 2005, 15:11:03
exactly :)

Cheers,

McBrain

----------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Offline Simonpro

Reply #13 - 14 May 2005, 18:29:00
DocHoliday wrote:
Zdravo DGIII,

Ja sam sa Slovenije ako hoces mozes mi slati privatnu poruku, pa ti mozem obrazloziti koncepte u vezi s Orbiterom.
Poznavanje
orbitalne dinamike je veoma vazno u ovom simulatoru, jer je VRLO realisticna.

Wow, i can actually understand some of that, never realised how useful learning russian was until you see how many
people speak semi-related languages :D

-------------------------------

Offline MattNW

Reply #14 - 16 May 2005, 06:39:34
DGIII wrote:
Yes, I played the Trevor Johns tutorial but I can`t pass the part when I must low Ecc to 0

DocHoliday I will contact you in private message

Although the tutorial tells you to do it, you don't actually have to reduce your Ecc to 0. It's nice and it's
impressive but not totally necessiary. It also won't stay that way for long. You'll eventually drift enough that it will
change a small amount. The point of the exercise however is to show you how this works. Once you are established
at close to 0 Ecc then you set the horizon level autopilot and then use your RCS thrust to correct. If your vertical
speed is "+" then you use down RCS. If negative "-" use up RCS. What you are doing is killing any remaining vertical
speed which will eventually lead to a perfect circular orbit. It won't however affect the rest of the tutorial as long as
you are relatively close to 0 Ecc.

Offline Simonpro

Reply #15 - 16 May 2005, 08:38:31
actually, with non spherical gravity sources it should be impossible (read: not possible for more than a split
second :p) to acheive a 0 ecc orbit . :)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #16 - 16 May 2005, 09:08:20
hehe, details details :)

Yeah, it is QUITE useful to speak a language of other language groups. Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian, Macedonian,
Checz, Slovak, Russian, Polish, Bolgarian and some others are all Slavic group. So if you speak one well, you SHOULD
be able to understand the others to some extent. Since I speak some French, I am able to understand most Italian
and some Spanish. Because of English, German was a lot easier, not to mention I can almost understand Dutch
although I never learned it. You're all ex-vikings anyway :) :lol:

~~~

Offline Simonpro

Reply #17 - 16 May 2005, 10:05:56
better go find my pointy hat and a big boat to sail about in, then :)
:turning: <--havn't used the little sucker in a while...

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #18 - 16 May 2005, 10:11:15
:lol: Dinna forgot them horns too.

Post Edited ( 05-16-05 10:11 )

~~~

Offline DGIII

Reply #19 - 16 May 2005, 19:22:26
Yes a have low ecc to 0 - but with my keyboard something is wrong, because of that I can`t finish tutorial

Offline MattNW

Reply #20 - 28 May 2005, 06:36:24
DGIII wrote:
Yes a have low ecc to 0 - but with my keyboard something is wrong, because of that I can`t finish tutorial

If that's the case you'll probably need a new keyboard. Not sure how much they are in your country but here they
aren't expensive at all. You can pick one up for around $20 US. Costs more to go to see a movie and eat dinner. I
usually go through about one keyboard a year. At least I do since my trusty old keyboard gave out. Had one from a
very early computer (Packard Bell 386) that I used for years but it finally went bad. Newer ones just don't last long at
all.

Offline DGIII

Reply #21 - 28 May 2005, 19:20:35
It work - but the few charaters in manual and American Version of keyboard are in diferent place on my keyboard

« Last Edit: 28 May 2005, 19:20:35 by DGIII »