See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mars, what a gas .... (not)  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Tachyon

28 August 2007, 04:16:17
okay - so without "cheating" and opening a riff in the space time continuum (scenario editor), how are people getting
refueled after doing anything on Mars?

And I've haven’t looked but is it easy to add refueling to a base or in an orbit to a planet?

My god - it's full of stars !

Offline sirbruce

Reply #1 - 28 August 2007, 14:16:02
If you land on a base pad - those octagonal things - you'll automatically be refueled.  You might have to save the
scenario and quite and reload to get it to refuel.

In addition, DGIV has an external fuel hatch on the fuel management panel that will automatically refuel you when
landed.  Just activate it and wait for the "hook-up" sound from the fuel truck and then select where you want the fuel
to go.

You might also want to use the dg4config program to upgrade your ship to the full mark V engines (which are more
powerful and have more fuel) if you haven't already.  They're less realistic, though.

Offline Tachyon

Reply #2 - 29 August 2007, 05:17:48
:ptdr:  "those octagonal things"  :) okay thank you very much for your help. I didn't notice that I had been refueled.
I'll have to go back in and see that that is the case ... or not. So .. I wonder why then there is a difference at some
locations where you have "external" resources that you can manually refuel (O2 and fuel) and other places where
these "external" resources are not available - but you get refuel automatically???

Fuel hatch only works where you have these "external" resources available. Can't do this on Mars.

re MK4's ... hmmm maybe. But where does that stop ... next it's a warp drive ....

Offline BluryBlue

Reply #3 - 29 August 2007, 17:15:36
Are we talking about any specific vessel? Because different ships can carry different fuel amounts.:badlink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Red, darkened skies... Nuclear sirens... the helpless
screams of innocent children...

Typical Monday.

Offline Tachyon

Reply #4 - 30 August 2007, 00:53:08
another assumption I made - so sry... DGIV of course is there even any other vessels in orbiter??

Offline sirbruce

Reply #5 - 30 August 2007, 02:18:14
I'm pretty sure the Fuel Hatch works any time you're landed, even if you're not at a base.  That's a DGIV thing.

The landed on a pad thing to refuel is an Orbiter thing.

You can always edit the scenario to refuel yourself as needed; I think that's what many people do in a pinch. :)

Offline sunshine135

• I fly by the seat of my pants!
Reply #6 - 31 August 2007, 02:14:52
Dan disables automatic refueling on DGIV. That is a normal Orbiter function, and will work for all vessels unless disabled.

Cheers,

"Sun Dog"

Offline sirbruce

Reply #7 - 31 August 2007, 15:32:05
If you mean the automatic refueling on a landing pad, it still works when you load a scenario with a DGIV positioned
at a base.  If you mean the fuel hatch, again, that works anywhere (when landed, at least).

Offline Tachyon

Reply #8 - 01 September 2007, 23:26:06
okay ... fuel hatch .... I've seen that ... only used it on earth. Didn't realize I can use it ANYWHERE - :damn:

... not sure why I thought that I couldn't use that anywhere.  Great - re-fueled and ready to go retrieve that satellite
from HMO and return to earth.

Offline MattNW

Reply #9 - 02 September 2007, 23:03:58
Was this at the Prelude base on Phobos. If that were the case you might have had trouble there because of the low
gravity. DGIV takes quite a while to settle down once landed there. The DGIV may have thought it was still orbiting Phobos.
Wait a while for the ship to quit bouncing and then try the fuel hatch and don't sneeze while refueling. :)

Offline Tachyon

Reply #10 - 06 September 2007, 06:29:04
Nope - on Mars ... it was one of those simple things that your mind just doesn't even consider as an option.

« Last Edit: 06 September 2007, 06:29:04 by Tachyon »