See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OT - Russian orbinauts: I am looking for info on "Activity theory"  (Read 1312 times)

Offline ar81

12 February 2008, 17:57:49
I have been told that the criticism of "Usability" of user interfase design premises is that the concept is narrower than
the concept of Activity theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activity_theory

"Activity theory is a psychological meta-theory, paradigm, or framework, with its roots in the Soviet psychologist
Vygotsky's cultural-historical psychology. Its founders were Alexei N. Leont'ev (1903-1979), and Sergei Rubinshtein
(1889-1960) who sought to understand human activities as complex, socially situated phenomena and go beyond
paradigms of psychoanalysis and behaviorism. It became one of the major psychological approaches in the former
USSR, being widely used in both theoretical and applied psychology, in areas such as education, training, ergonomics,
and work psychology"

I wonder if you could point me to some extra info on that "Activity Theory" (english preferably, for I can't chew russian
yet).

Offline EtherDragon

Reply #1 - 14 February 2008, 01:35:34
"I have been told that the criticism of "Usability" of user interfase design premises is that the concept is narrower
than the concept of Activity theory."

I'm having a very hard time breaking that sentance down, could you rephrase?

« Last Edit: 14 February 2008, 01:35:34 by EtherDragon »
~EtherDragon