See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [off topic] The Sol Conflict (for solar system politicans only)  (Read 99206 times)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #50 - 10 June 2004, 16:31:17
"Well I did not realise that the belt itself weighed more than the Earth and Moon (which of course was included), but
you extension of the terms is also welcome. So you have the inner system, appart from Mars and its moons, and I get
the asteroid belt plus the outer planets and the Kuiper belt - minus the asteroids and Saturn (including its moons I
assume) as you specified. Rather these planets and asteroids will obviously have to be pacified, before claimed, but I
can have fun with that.

Very well, we keep our navies separate and I propose at least an alliance, peace treaties tend to precipitate war,
whereas alliance's downgrade is still just peace."

Farewell Green-eyes"

Hehe, where is everyone? We split the solar system and they all sit in the corner. Either they agree, or we have a
massive problem on our hands.

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #51 - 10 June 2004, 16:32:57
I am taking cliam of Jupiter for gas mining. If anyone has a problem with that then I am sure the EAC (Europan Army
Commandos) will be happy to discuss the problem with you. Mwahahaha. As I have said many times Europa will
only react if directly attacked.

May I remind you that Eurpoa has one of the largest industrial and commercial outputs of the entire solar system.
Hurting such an economical giant could lead to system wide panic.

I have also appointed myself Leading General of the EDF (Europan Defence Force) and the EEF (Europan
Expeditionary Force) but I still need government backing to use these powers.

Europa is also great for ice skaters, we've got more ice than you could imagine. But bring warm clothing. Say King
Freespace how are you doing frying your ass off on that nasty little lump of rock you call home.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #52 - 10 June 2004, 17:12:09
DocHoliday wrote:
you extension of the terms is also welcome. So you have the inner system, appart from Mars and its moons, and I get
the asteroid belt plus the outer planets and the Kuiper belt....

Dan, watch the screen where this bad dramas show its picture and start to laugh heavyly

Mhuahahahahahahahah  <- (mad laugh)

So those litle insect want to deal with our power ?

*Dan trow away the 2 ton asteroid he was playing with*

And they also think we are weak due to low gravity ? don't they know that our national sport
is playing with those asteroid ?

They will soon see our power... Call my engineer IMMEDIATELY !!!¨

-Sir ! Wtrzrl engineer at your service *he salute*

-how goes the new sthealt system ?

-very fine sir, we already have one asteroid class F over each town of mars
ready to fall off... any attempt to deal with them will cut the power and they will fall
like... stone ?

-Fine... very fine mhuahahahahahah....

-call the chief of mars the infamous Doc, I want a clear transmission in 5 minutes...

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #53 - 10 June 2004, 17:18:46
-how goes the new sthealt system ?

Glad to hear you've got a new S-T-health system. Sounds advanced.

Freespace lives on a frying peice of rock. Doc lives on a lump of rust and I live on a giant icecube. Brilliant.

Intel Pentium 4 630 3Ghz|1024mb 400mhz DDR RAM|ASUS P5P800-VM|Nvidia GeForce 6200 256mb|Creative Sound Blaster Pro Value!|Windows XP SP2

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #54 - 10 June 2004, 18:54:49
Doc, I accept your alliance. We shall smite these heathens with everything we have and more! though Don't
forget that jupiter is easily the biggest of the planets, and you could consider the others (specifically the inner ones)
to be debris in comparison...  And about venus, atom. It's actually quite the paradise. I have converted the CO2 in the
atmosphere to O2 using many large scrubbers. thus reducing the temp DRAMATICALLY. once the carbon is collected in
considerable quantities, we use it to make industrial diamonds. We have an economy too, don't you know. we have
lots of the hardest material known to humankind... We then took the abundance of O2 (90 atmospheres? *shudder*
well, less without most of the the carbon) and combined it with the hydrogen in the sulfuric acid clouds to make
good 'ol H20. There's still a lot of pressure here, but we also make a bundle taking the rest of the excess oxygen and
selling it to spaceship manufacturers. (spaceships need air, do they not?) and believe me. It's almost just like earth
on the surface. we just need to deal with the rotational problem. a few hundred "days" of night, and then a few
hundred more of light kinda sucks. but we manage to survive.

To dan. You can only move those asteroids because they "weigh" nothing in space. Come to mars even, and try it.
We'll even give you a "small" 2 ton one.

Offline UAF_Lt_Brenton

Reply #55 - 10 June 2004, 20:36:50
I suppose you will be wanting a few armed XP-1s?

================
UAF_Lt_Brenton
- Founder of Brenton Space Agency
- World's youngest pilot
- Second one to nick freespace2dotcom's sigi format

================
LtBrenton

:hot: "Sir, we have a smiley blocking engine 3..."

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #56 - 10 June 2004, 21:43:07
To all who are in alliance with the Titanian Republic:

The UTI (United Titanian Industries) offers you the XP-1 for 16,990,000,000,000 Orbyts each.
You can use it as troop carrier.

For more Info about the XP-1 look at the project section at www.mcbrain-spacecraft.com

Post Edited ( 06-10-04 21:44 )

Cheers,

McBrain

----------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Offline Shmi

Reply #57 - 10 June 2004, 21:52:11
Please help:help:, our life support systems cannot support the influx of refugees arriving from Earth.

Lagrange Science Station Alpha.  :sunk:

Offline schumanna

Reply #58 - 10 June 2004, 21:55:51
Wuhahaha  What do you offer if Astroide Chiron helps you?

Owner of Astroide Chiron and Alpha Centaury

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand". quoting Homer Simpson

Du & Ich...(Orbiter)...heißt, niemals alleine zu sein

Offline Shmi

Reply #59 - 10 June 2004, 22:19:03
Astroide Chiron

If you wont help out of simple humanity, think of us as a useful resource.  We have many highly thought of scientists
working on the station including a recent winner of the  L'Oreal/UNESCO Prize for Women in Science.:flower:

Lagrange Science Station Alpha

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #60 - 10 June 2004, 23:59:32
Europa will answer the call of the station. We have empty troop transports coming your way to pick up the refugees.
We will also send medics for the wounded and MPs (military police) to help keep order. The refugees and wounded
take prioroty though, scientists will have to come later.

(Welcome to the forum, you kind of joined us during a full scale war. Nice to see you joining in though :). I'm Atom,
obviously. Are you new to Orbiter)?

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #61 - 11 June 2004, 00:09:44
McBrain, I want 20, 15 for troop transport and 5 for med evac. That would be 339,800,000,000,000 Orbyts. It has
been transfered to the Titanian government funds. I want them delivered soon. They are going to be used to help
the station and other stations to evacuate all the refugees to suitable relocation centers. Who would like to host
some refugees?

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #62 - 11 June 2004, 07:01:55
No problem. They are already in production.

Cheers,

McBrain

Offline Shmi

Reply #63 - 11 June 2004, 10:26:29
The crew of the Lagrange Science Station Alpha applaud :applause: :applause: :applause: the Europan government
for their humanity and generosity in coming to our rescue.  

One of the refugees went into premature labour because of the shock and she has named the tiny mite after Atom.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #64 - 11 June 2004, 10:51:08
:) Shmi, that sounds familiar. Where is that nick from?

Cheers,

~~~

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #65 - 11 June 2004, 13:18:46
Shmi Skywalker?

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #66 - 11 June 2004, 13:51:35
Riiiight. Smartee Atom :)

~~~

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #67 - 11 June 2004, 13:55:24
Yup.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #68 - 11 June 2004, 14:21:12
Doc finished another ski session

"Ah, that felt good. Time to deal with the asteroid pestilence."

Gets into his DG-Deluxe and races off for his HQ. Upon entering the command room, getting a towel, eating some
flakes and drinking some fresh goat milk, sits himself down in front of the situation display and starts going through
the numerous reports, while at the same time being briefed by his top aide

"So you say, you've been holding off Dan's calls for what? 5 hours now. Why was I not notified?! .. Right, I ordered
no interruptions when I have quality time with my wife.... Anyway, try to get him back, tell him I MAY take 5 minutes
off my obviously busy schedule to see what I can do for him.. And do check those specs on the radar screen. I don't
like the way they appear to hang over the surface, especially where they are over settlements.."

"What specks.. Oh that.. Funny that. They slowly appeared in the period of last 8 hours and appear to be in geo sync
orbits.. Scanning now... Huh? Ensign, give me a full scan, send a probe.... Sir, we might have something here.."

"Damn, why do *I* always have to see these things eh? I see here freespace is moving in to take possession of the
territories we agreed on.. What about that LSSA (Lagrange Science Station Alpha)? We didn't discuss their status.
Officially it is Earth territorry, but it's far enough to be deemed independant. God knows they are in all respects but
politically. And what are Atom's troop transports doing over there... What are they XP-1 McBrain Spacecraft?? DO YOU
REALIZE THOSE ARE TROOP transports??? Why don't you che..."

"Sir, we have a bigger problem! Those specs. They appeared to be cloaked objects, asteroids of type F. And they are
all sending a radio transmission. Some lunatic laughter more or less. Shall I put it on speaker?"

"Go ahead.... Oh, hell. That is Dan. And this can only mean one thing. They obviously perfected the stealth
technology. But not totally, since even *I* was able to detect them against the background. And those asteroids are
placed nicely to destroy most of Martian settlements. Get our experts together, to come up with a solution to this...
mistake of his. And find out what those transports are up to. I'm sure Freespace won't like them either and he's way
too fond of having fun taking pot shots at troop filled carriers than I am. And find out the status of the station. I'm
sure they are having their share of fun with Terrans escaping Earth."

*Doc sits down angrily and eats a Kit Kat... brooding about space politics, life, fish and everything...*

~~~

Offline Atom

• Legend
Reply #69 - 11 June 2004, 16:12:05
Does the Lagrange Science Station Alpha want food and water too?

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #70 - 11 June 2004, 16:15:10
You can use the XP-1's for supply transports, too.

Cheers,

McBrain

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #71 - 11 June 2004, 16:30:21
Wonder if someone could create some scenarios based on this war.

Offline McBrain

• Legend
Reply #72 - 11 June 2004, 16:33:07
Just do it!

Or maybe freespace could do it. He sucks at programming and modelling. So perhaps he could try it.
Finally he started the war! :)

Cheers,

McBrain

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #73 - 11 June 2004, 16:37:30
This war is almost like the 1st World War. I was started after a chain of event's which began with the prosecution of
Dan.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #74 - 11 June 2004, 17:07:49
Heh, most wars start like that.. Snowball effect.. :(

I was actually hoping we could develop this story enough to be able to create a whole darn scenario package :))

He sucks at programming and modelling.
You sure? :) His attempts at cracking Dan's reviewer were quite worthy and his DG skin is not for trash either

Anyway, can't wait how Dan or Freespace carry on this story :) Dan's turning into quite a ter***ist ,eh? :)

~~~