See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MGROUP_ROTATE Instance class Question !!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Altair

26 April 2004, 16:01:03
I've already put this topic in Official Orbiter forum, but that post is becoming to big !!!!!

Some body know or have some info about about the 5th, 6th parameters that is passed when creating an instance of
MGROUP_ROTATE class ?????

Martins say me that with this value _V(0.91, 0, 0.415) in the 5th value (rot_ref) the animation will take place 24.5
degrees away from X - Axis... i quite don' t undestand how it's works

My problem is that i'm modedling a wing with an angle of 23.333 deegrees of sweept that mean my controls surfaces
in Gmax has a pivot point rotated 23.33 degres along Z axis in order to allow me rotate the control surface (n local
coordinate system) along X axis without problems (when making animation the border of control surface that is
overlaped with the wing still aligned with it).. in orbiter when making animation with this values in the 5th and 6th
parameters: _V(1, 0, 0), (float)(45*RAD) the control surface rotate along X axis but the area of the control surface
that overlaps with the wings becomes visible (still not aligned with the wing)....

I solve this with the values susggested by Martins (Thanks by that) but when trying to make another animation for
the Elevator control surface (that have pivot point roated 33.33 degrees in GMAX) and the ref point (4th parameter)
appears to be moved when playing with the Z value in the 5th parameter... i can make it work !!!!!!!!

Somebody could take me in the right direcction, i just want a point where to start searching for... so you know that
i've already take a look to the Orbiter 3D API Guide an Reference PDFs

Any susggestion will be appreciated :help:

pst: If you want to know i'm making an add on with an aircraft quite similar to F-117 Night Hawk

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #1 - 27 April 2004, 00:07:37
That's so far beyond my abilities that it's off my comprehension scale.

« Last Edit: 27 April 2004, 00:12:49 by freespace2dotcom »

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #2 - 27 April 2004, 00:12:49
Same here.

« Last Edit: 27 April 2004, 00:12:49 by Krytom »