See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Welcome Terra Nova !:)  (Read 30028 times)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #50 - 22 April 2004, 11:25:13
Well, actually I do remember certain periods in history where books were burned, quite possibly for precisely the
same reason. And I do agree reading is dangerous, but not evil. It opens your mind, makes sure the past lessons are
not forgotten and yes, you can become quite a threat to the powers at be. It is evil from the point of bad leadership,
that perceives ignorance as the highest form of trust and an ignorant person as the best kind of citizen.

Oh, and here's one I just got by email and I just have to share:

From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
- What makes 100%?
- Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?
- We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.
- How about achieving 103%?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:
If: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented
as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Then:
H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98% and
K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96% But,
A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E >1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T 2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you: A-S-S--K-I-S-S-I-N-G 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that: While hardwork and knowledge will get you close and
Attitude will get you there, Bullshit and ass kissing will put you over the top.

Neat, innit? :)

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline dorknight

Reply #51 - 22 April 2004, 14:17:14
hehe, that's perfect Janez,  
I have to print that one out and post it on the buletin board at work :)
they'll love it

Rob

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #52 - 22 April 2004, 14:23:27
*sniff*

That was beautiful.. That's going straight into my archives when I get home.

Edit: by the way, I was being sarcastic about the book thing, I just had to come up with one of those yoda knockoffs.

Post Edited ( 04-22-04 14:24 )

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #53 - 22 April 2004, 15:02:26
Ahh, yoda. The scene when Luke goes off from Dagobah to Cloud City to save the rest...

"Easy the path to the dark side is. Remember, what you learned, save you it can. Postcard you send!"
*waving to the X-wing cannopy* :)

Actually ASSKISSING will take you to 127% :)

and as usual EDUCATION will only provide you the 92% edge
whereas NETWORKING will get you up to 136%
POLITICIZING up to 149%
off course the BOSSWIFEFU**ING will get you a solid 169%. A little more and you will get her to get him to promote
you.

And me personal favourite BOSS ASSASSINATION will get you up 200%, so twice better i.e. a prompt promotion and
an additional 15% pat on the shoulder from your new boss higer up the ladder for showing initiative :)

Cheers,

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #54 - 22 April 2004, 23:30:16
Well, I digged deep within MY achives, and although it's not even seasonal, and even a tad too large, as well as off
topic, I think (hope) everyone will forgive me for this after understanding that it's truely funny. I get a kick out of
reading it every time. (that and I can't give up here! I'm the sarcasm king) I dare anyone to make an add-on for this!
(mcbrain I have to nominate you, sorry)

The Physics of Santa Claus
1) Flying Reindeer
No known species of reindeer can fly. But there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while
most of these are insects and germs, this does not completely rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.
2) Children
There are 2 billion children (persons under 18 years) in the world. Since Santa doesn't appear to handle the Muslim,
Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total--378 million according to
Population Reference Bureau. At an average rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes, assuming
there's at least one good child in each.
3) Timing
Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth,
assuming he logically travels east to west. This works out to 822.6 visits per second, so for each Christian household
with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the
stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the
chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are
evenly distributed around the earth (which, we know to be false, but for our calculations we will accept), we are now
talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting assorted pit stops for relief,
feeding, etc. This means Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. In
comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per
second. A convential reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.
4) Weight
Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized Lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh's payload is
321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described asoverweight. on land, convential reindeer can pull no
more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see above) could pull 10 times the normal amount,
Santa would need 214,000 reindeer. This increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh,
to 353,430 tons.
5) Speed
353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance--this will heat the reindeer up in the
same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 quintillion
joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the
reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized
within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times
greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which means ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by
4,315,015 pounds of force.
Conclusion...
If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.
Foundations...
This inquiry is based on the premise that there is only one Santa Claus. The calculations work out more realistically if
you assume some form of parallel processing. A thousand Santas (1 kilosanta) or a million (a megasanta) or more,
working in parallel, could perform the same number of visits in the same allotted time with less advanced technology
(and fewer vaporized reindeer).
One Other Point...
Who does the air traffic control for a megasanta? A million sleighs and 12 million reindeer
occupy a significant amount of airspace. If we assume that each reindeer team, sleigh and Santa needs no more
than 5 feet vertical airspace (which, given that known species of reindeer with antlers are quite nearly five feet tall,
leaves very little room for error), then a megasanta requires almost 947 miles of vertical airspace. This also
disregards the fact that each Santa must make frequent landings. The airspace at chimney level will be in high
demand and disproportionately crowded, particularly as Christmas-celebrating households tend to be densely
clustered in the same geographic areas. It seems likely that a megasanta, while perhaps avoiding vaporized
reindeer, would suffer huge casualties from in-air collisions.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #55 - 23 April 2004, 08:32:03
LOL ROTFL :) :)

That is gooooood!!!

Hehe no wonder noone has ever seen Santa :)

Tnx,

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #56 - 23 April 2004, 10:59:35
I do what I can :)

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #57 - 23 April 2004, 17:27:37
Boy, did this thread go off topic fast...

Post Edited ( 04-23-04 17:27 )

Offline UAF_Lt_Brenton

Reply #58 - 26 April 2004, 13:45:27
hmmm
its as if terranova has disappeared off the face of the earth!
(well, maybe she nicked a DGIII)

UAF_Lt_Brenton
:hot:
"Sir, there's a smiley in the engine..."

================
LtBrenton

:hot: "Sir, we have a smiley blocking engine 3..."

MrBatman

Reply #59 - 26 April 2004, 14:21:55
She's ok, she just work's VERY hard and isn't online as much as she'd like to be lately. I'll email her and let her know
to pop in here and see all the kind words.

And boys ... HANDS OFF. She's MY woman. 8)

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #60 - 26 April 2004, 15:53:30
We're not that low. Anyway, she can just hide in the Ladie's Room (Closet) with Michi. They can chat about girly
things. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. :zzz:

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #61 - 26 April 2004, 17:27:51
Krytom wrote:
We're not that low.

that depends on what your definition of "low" is. I'm sure we have somebody here that crosses my definition of low in
respect to the aforemention subject.  Nobody comes to mind, but there always does seem to be one in a place like
this. (not that it matters, because I'm just being me by saying this)

Anyway, she can just hide in the Ladie's Room (Closet) with Michi. They can chat about girly
things. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. :zzz:
Hey, I'm sure it's a BIG closet, and it's not like we hang our coats in there or anything...

Offline Krytom

• Legend
Reply #62 - 26 April 2004, 18:21:45
You're not meant to hang you coats in there! Ooops!

terranova

Reply #63 - 27 April 2004, 02:09:47
Author: McBrain  <-Msg      244 Posts  Status: Ace Pilot     Date    04-14-04 20:32

I wonder why TerraNova doesn't write anything.
(just found out about the thread (ED.)
--
Okay... if this picture doesn't get TerraNova responding with enthusiam, I don't know what would.
Her Bo is co-authoring the SS1 addon... I mean, C'mon! It's PRETTY amazing, right?!

-=+[ Reekchaa }
Although impressive, it's about as fake as my love affair with my best friend. (ED.)
--
Author: McBrain  <-Msg      244 Posts  Status: Ace Pilot     Date    04-14-04 23:59

HUHU!!!!!!!!!!.............. TERRANOVA!!!!!!..................ARE YOU ALIVE??????
Yes. (ED.)

--
I just wonder why there is a great topic "Welcome TerraNova" and only others write to it but TerraNova don't write
anything. like "Hi all, I'm the new member at this forum"!

At first reading the title I thought terranova was an add-ons

Me too!!

Mc Brain

Maybe because I work many many hours.  I'm an LPN.  In a State that seems to think we're slaves for the wounded
(we're not, btw).  My point of Origin and Hobby is Space.  My Interest and Job is nursing.  Plus....
I just heard about this sight 3 minutes ago.

Hiya.

~Melanie

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #64 - 27 April 2004, 04:22:03
Wow, didn't see that post coming..

Offline UAF_Lt_Brenton

Reply #65 - 27 April 2004, 11:07:19
"You've got a bunch of guys here about to turn blue, we're breathing again, thanks a lot" - Houston to Apollo
11 "Eagle"
shortly after touchdown

:turning:
UAF_Lt_Brenton
"Sir, there's a smiley in the engine..."

================
LtBrenton

:hot: "Sir, we have a smiley blocking engine 3..."

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #66 - 28 April 2004, 09:07:51
Hehe, finally :) My reputation is redeemed :)

Thx Melanie and welcome to the forum,

Post Edited ( 04-28-04 13:01 )

~~~

Offline SimFan

• Legend
Reply #67 - 30 April 2004, 10:41:29
Hi :)

Just give a look to who visited this old thread :

http://orbit.m6.net/v2/read.asp?id=3564

Post Edited ( 05-18-04 19:21 )

SF  :)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #68 - 30 April 2004, 10:55:31
Em.. how can you be sure it was really the Colonel? I mean... I could have a username of John Glenn and believe me if
I really were him, I wouldn't :) I'd be something obscure like DocHolidy

~~~

Offline SimFan

• Legend
Reply #69 - 30 April 2004, 10:56:17
But open this renowned guest's profile !    :cry:  :rant:

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #70 - 30 April 2004, 10:58:10
I did and how does a yahoo account help? :)

~~~

Offline SimFan

• Legend
Reply #71 - 30 April 2004, 11:00:32
how can you be sure it was really the Colonel

Answer is above !
There is an other thread in the official forum where I discussed about this poor old NL's joke with Harmsway!, but I
couldn't locate it.

You'd try? :)

Offline SimFan

• Legend
Reply #72 - 30 April 2004, 11:03:22
Search for "Nightlanding" in official forum.

you'll also read the sad end of his last true flight :(

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #74 - 30 April 2004, 11:08:47
Oh, I get it :) so it was a joke. No, the forum's search function kinda sux.

~~~