See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two Questions-If you can help me.  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Lightspeed

05 December 2003, 16:20:43
Hello,
I am currently looking for the answer to 2 questions that I cannot find a solution for.

1)  After grappling a satallite, lets say the HST in the new version of orbiter, how do you pinpoint
the exact spot that it needs to be in to be able to lock back into positon within the shuttle bay.  
There is a "arrest" button on the display, that will only become active when the sattilite is in the
exact position.  I have slewed the HST all over the bay trying to get this inactive button to allow
me to capture the HST in the bay, with no luck.  Otherwise, this mission will never end.  Any tips?  
A better way?

2)  Next, using NASSP 4.2 in the new orbiter version, in the Saturn V, after I do a burn with the
engines in orbit, there is a sound of an engine still burning.  Though I have done everything to
make sure nothing is still running, the sound continues, until I jettison the 3rd stage....? I think...
(the stage that contains the LM.)  Then the sound finally stops.  It appears that fuel is slowly being
used and my orbit does change after awhile.  But, I cannot seem to find out what engine is
burning.  And why.  Any fix?   Is an updated NASSP going to come soon for the new version?  

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.  

Lightspeed

Lightspeed

Offline ENS2018

Reply #1 - 29 December 2003, 20:30:06
Hi Lightspeed,

I was curious about  your problem, and went ahead and tried it.
You're right, it is very tricky to arrest the HST, I couldn't do it myself.  But I went back to the HST
Launch mission to check where it was positioned, and found the solution.

I'll try to step-by-step describe to you how to arrest it.

1)Grapple it (you probably knew that)

2)Retract all the attenna, solar panels, and place the cover back on the telescope.
   (You can do this by pressing ctrl+1, ctrl+2, and ctrl+3)

3)Orient the HST so that the telescope end is pointing towards the front of the shuttle, and center
it as best as possible into the cargo bay.

4)Lower the HST into the bay

5)Try to set your view so that you are looking into the cargo bay, between the floor of the bay and
the HST.  You should see the HST, with the folded antenna on one side close to the floor.

6)This is the tricky part, put the brown bowl shapped (part of the antenna) object of the HST
through the floor of te cargo bay.  It appears the arrest point is on the central cone of the HST and
on the floor of the Shuttle, causing the HST to go through the shuttle a bit.

7)Pay close attention to the "arresst" button as you are lowering the HST partially through the
floor, it should light up.  If it doesn't, move the HST around a little bit with the wrist of the arm and
the elbow.  To make sure it's centered and lowered enough, respectively.

I did this and managed to get it.  The big thing that threw me off was that the HST had to go a
ways through the floor.  Hope this was able to help you out.

Later,
Tony   

PS
Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your second question.  Happy simming :)

Post Edited (12-29-03 20:31)

« Last Edit: 29 December 2003, 20:30:06 by ENS2018 »