See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What might be wrong? (NASSP 4.2 + DGII)  (Read 1604 times)

Offline glObalist

24 November 2003, 12:41:40
When I launch the scenarios included with these two add-ons, my glider/vessel should be sitting
at the base, right? But it's not. The glider is sitting like a couple of km east into the sea from the
KSC, or the SaturnV rocket (NASSP) along with its entire launch complex (Moonport add-on) is way
off as well. Now, tell me, what should I fix/uninstall? :)

Another thing. Orbiting the Earth, it appears to have "seams" at some places on its surface, like
the textures aren't fitting into each other properly. Is this normal?

"Wherever you go, there you are. Wherever you are, there you orbit."

Offline harmsway

Reply #1 - 24 November 2003, 14:22:18
Yeah the seams are normal. I don't know that there is anything that can be done about them.
However you may be interested to know that in Launchpad under the Video tab you can check off
Disable vertical sync. Ticking this box allows Orbiter to update a frame without waiting for a
sync signal from the monitor. This can improve frame rates in fullscreen mode, but may lead
to visual artefacts (tearing).

Now as far as your spacecraft being out in the sea. This is do to the tile for KSC has shifted in the
new release of Orbiter. So older senario are in the drink. Someone in the official ( yet troubled )
forum has post the proper cordinates for the scenarios. I'm sorry I don't know what they are at
the moment. But here is how to find out. Open any of the new scenarios that have vessels landed
at whatever strip at KSC you are looking for and copy the cordinates.

Here is the code from 'Deltaglider runway takeoff.scn'

GL-01:DeltaGlider
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS -80.6858943 28.5906644
  HEADING 330.01
  PRPLEVEL 0:0.995 1:1.000
  NAVFREQ 94 524 84 114
  XPDR 0
  NOSECONE 0 0.0000
  GEAR 1 1.0000
  AIRLOCK 0 0.0000
  RCSMODE 0
END

So just extract POS -80.6858943 28.5906644 for your sceario. Of course you can always fly out of
the sea and land ar the pad/strip and save that as your scenario.

Gene

Xpirex

Reply #2 - 03 January 2004, 22:03:51
Brilliant.. just the information I needed.. now my Delta Glider is in the perfet position.  Thanks a lot.

« Last Edit: 03 January 2004, 22:03:52 by Xpirex »