See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is NASSAC?  (Read 1287 times)

SCE TO AUX

26 September 2003, 21:53:55
:turning:I'm dizzy!:turning:

John

Reply #1 - 29 September 2003, 07:17:14
NASSAC stands for Navigation Aviation Science and Space Academy of Christians. It is a program
designed to teach the related sciences and disciplines in an environment of faith and charater
building. Pastor John Abent (me) is the director and originator of the program.The program is
located in Berlin Maryland about 44 miles North of Wallops Island, a NASSA test, research  and
flight facility. We have built a multipurpose simulator that can seat five and uses VMC for the
mission control side of things. In June we took four kids on a mission to the ISS in real time. The
mission lasted a full 28 hours from launch to landing. You can see pictures and videos of some of
the June flight at the following web site connection:

http://orbiter.danst*++++++eph.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=535&t=535

NASSAC is a work in progress. Our goals are to build a facility on the Eastern Shore of Maryland
that will conduct weekly Space camps in the summer time. In the camp we would teach/train kids
in the begining of the week in their respect jobs for a one to two day mission. We are playing
another pilot mission in December. We are looking for people interested in contributing time,
talent, ideas or $$ to the project. There is much more planned for the project but the above is a
good summary of what NASSAC is.  

John

« Last Edit: 29 September 2003, 07:17:14 by John »