See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Its too quite around here  (Read 5412 times)

Offline harmsway

18 June 2003, 15:51:21
Somebody needs to say something!

:baaa:

How about a quote:

" If you always do what you've always done,
you'll always get what you always got "

What do ya think, true for space flight?

Gene

Offline Hot Dog

Reply #1 - 19 June 2003, 08:56:06
How about,

I'm not as good as once was, but I am good once as I always was.         That's a middle age joke.

or

Be crazy or go crazy.                                      That's an everyday joke.

or

Ya sure honey, Ill get the dishes.                        That's a total joke

Offline harmsway

Reply #2 - 19 June 2003, 13:59:01
Hot Dog,

The fine creator, of the planetary series, including Blue Mars. Let me thank you for the excelent
work you have done. Hope you don't mind, I posted a review of the series.

http://www.eharm.net/shop/freeware/orbiter/addons/redmars/redmars.html

Gene

Offline Michelle Megan

Reply #3 - 19 June 2003, 14:57:59
I guess it's my turn :)

The Universe Honors All Clearly Defined Intentions Which Are Backed By Absolute Commitment.

Michelle Megan 1996

Character:
The ability to follow through on a commitment long after the mood in which the commitment was
made has passed.

Michelle Megan 1998

;)

The Universe Honors All Clearly Defined Intentions Which Are Backed By Absolute Commitment.

Offline Hot Dog

Reply #4 - 19 June 2003, 19:27:06
Wow, This is something.

I am writing this before reading your review and I want to say, " Thanks much " .

I am convinced this is how things get better so do not fear it, rather embrace it and allow
tempering to have its place.

I also can say this since you used the word "excellent" right off. LOL

And hi Michelle. You have no idea what that name does to me so we wont go there.

Good Orbiting all.

Offline Hot Dog

Reply #5 - 19 June 2003, 20:16:39
Very Nice Site!!!

Easy to get around, very clear discriptions and lay out. My hat is off.

And thanks again.

Others who significanly contributed to the 2251 project;

Robert Stettner did the 3d terrain meshes on the original jupiter base that really got this project
off the ground.

Meshes that jtiberius and rodion made were also used and helped the quality of the package.

Rolf's work was instramental.

Seth Hollingsead with his help and textures.

Of course, the problem of missing someones name always arrises when doing this. Please pardon
me if I have.

All of it was built of the work and ideas of others before. Orbiter's great featrure.

P.S. Harmsway, could I please come take some pics with you some day? please?

(assumes groveling position)

Offline harmsway

Reply #6 - 20 June 2003, 15:45:05
Currently KSC is under THREATCON BRAVO making it difficult for non-badge personel to get on base
without a "work" reason. In the past, before 911, I was able to bring my family out to see Shuttle
launchs from the press site, a prime viewing spot. Do not know yet about future flights. Also in the
past there were occasions when KSC opened the door for employess to bring family/friends out for
a tour. Those days too are gone.

On July 7-12, 2003 employess immediate families will have an opportunity to view the Columbia
Reconstruction Hangar. So as you can see this is limited to my family only. I have already seen the
Columbia remains and I don't believe I'll be taken my family out for this.

However, once we return to flight and if an opportunity presents itself I'll keep you in mind. The
KSC Visitors Center still does bus tours on base though. So that is still available to everyone. The
IMAX movie of ISS in 3D is a must see.

If by chance anyone in this forum makes plans to come this way I would be glad to meet up with
you. Glad? No, I would be delighted to meet anyone in this forum... And of course, if anyone ( co-
op student, work ) somehow get a badge to come on center, let me know for sure. I'll take you to
where the hardware is.

Gene

Offline Hot Dog

Reply #7 - 20 June 2003, 16:21:02
It is a different world now for sure.

I thank you for your thoughtful answer. I think most of us here envy what you do.

An opportunity like this comes once or twice in a life time. Had to try.

Thanks again for your review, Gene.

And all the time and effort that went in to it.

Sincerely,

Rich Wall

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #8 - 20 June 2003, 21:15:29
a quote I love by Guynemer a famous wwI ace with 53 victory.

To a friend that was worry about Guynemer's healt
as he was really tired he told:

"If one has not given everything, one has given nothing"

Then he went for his last mission, was shot down,
and died, he was 22 years old.

Offline canadave

Reply #9 - 21 June 2003, 18:22:34
Man, the last few posts in this thread make absolutely wonderful reading on a grey, miserable,
cold, windy, drizzling, quiet morning alone here :(  I'm think I'm going to put some Pink Floyd (I
think "Vera" is a good song to start with) on the stereo now, just to make my mental state
complete :)

Lonely greetings from the Great Grey North,
Dave

hmmm...on second thought, I think I might play Life of Brian's "Always Look On The Bright Side Of
Life" :)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #10 - 21 June 2003, 19:29:17
How lucky you , I just watched the temperature
outside house the indicator show 35.5C° :)

pfffffff ! pfffffffff !

Dan

Offline Hot Dog

Reply #11 - 21 June 2003, 20:03:20
Ya, lucky you.

I wish I was alone.

Now I have to do the dishes.

Try Pink Floyd's Run Like Hell.

It will get the heart pumping.

Rich

Offline harmsway

Reply #12 - 03 July 2003, 17:25:15
Whats up!   Everyone gone on vacation?

Getting too quite again, so here one from Albert Einstein;

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former. "

;)
Gene

Offline C3PO

Reply #13 - 03 July 2003, 23:06:23
I agree, way too quiet.

Maybe the guys&gal are buzy trying out the new TransXv3 :)

Can't wait for Michelle to try it out. Then we'll have some coolthing to read :up:

I wish I could write stuff like that. It feels like an anticlimax after compleeting a mission that I'm the
only one that experienced it :(.

I've tried, but it always ends up as a list of manouvers, time tables and burn times :???:

Another problem is that somone always releases some great addon before I've had time to do
anything interesting with my current favurite space craft, and then I'll just HAVE to try it out :).

I've got to learn to stick to one type of craft or I'll never learn to fly anything properly.

But I'm slowly getting better at launching the Shuttle-A :up:

The trip started at Habana and I made it to orbit with 250 kg of fuel total to spare 8).

I had to fly TWO reuel missions with a DG before going to the moon with the DG riding along.
And one more after reaching lunar orbit. But both craft landed safely at Brighton Beach :)

To top it off I flew the Shuttle-A back and docked it to Mir.

When I've had more experience with the TransX3 I'm going to try a slingshot to one of the outer
planets.

Offline Hot Dog

Reply #14 - 04 July 2003, 00:44:54
How about

"Reality is but a metaphor of the real".

"However,

Reality Shows are not the metaphor of real shows".

Yes, Its too quite around here.

Offline harmsway

Reply #15 - 05 July 2003, 01:08:55
C3PO, I know what you mean. I got a long list of wanna do's in Orbiter and they each take hours to complete. Many of these flights I must do before I can write again.

A few days ago I finished flying Michelles adventure "Helios_DGII goes to the moon". It wasn't on my list of had to do's but it sure was enjoyable. And you are right, I'm going to spent this weekend learning the new TransX3. I need to write my own adventure soon and also finish my tutorials I started over a year ago. There are still a lot of things to learn first though. Thats what's so great about this sim, there is a real sence of acomplishment.

Hot Dog, I downloading your "stargazers_terrasystem", dang that puppy is huge, it better be good.

Gene

John

Reply #16 - 06 July 2003, 05:50:24
Hi all,

Enjoyed reading all your post and agree about the need to share the experiences we have in
Orbiter. We just finished our first mission in a program called NASSAC . We took 4 boys ages 7-9  
on a virtual trip to ISS using Dan's Delta Glider II. We also were using the VMC and Alpha Project
addons. We had 18 kids involved in all. We entered the simulator on June 27th 8 AM launched
before 10 Am and docked at the ISS at about 5 PM. We did everything in real time. We ate, and
slept on board the simulator (letting the kids out only for a quick bathroom break). We landed
June 28th at about 10 AM at KFC. I must tell you that it was an awsome experience. The kids were
so excited. To them it was very real and very challenging. If you want to see some pictures of the
flight, and maybe soon a video for the docking go to Dan's Orbiter site and view the NASSAC post.
The added pressure with a crowd looking on, and Mission Control in your headset added a great
dynamic to the flight. For example when we were coming back to earth I was able to speak to
everbody waching on a close circuit TV about the dangers of reentry. Too many g's and the
heat....etc. We talked about sts-107 and their sacrifice and dedication. Well, the mother's were
watching our return and watching the monitor that showed our decent through the atmosphere.
At one point I had to dissconnect the reentry computer and take over the flight.  At that point I let
the nose down a little too much and then recovered but the warning sound went off in the DGII.
One parent told me she felt a momement of panic because her son was on board. She said "it all
seemed so real",  even to those observing. Everybody came away with a greater appreciation for
the men and women that do the real thing at NASA. We look forward to many more missions and
hope to bring the challenge and the thrill of space flight to many more young dreamers at
NASSAC.  We are located in Berlin MD, 40 minutes from Wallops Island VA. We will soon have a
web site up and running. We hope to build a camp with training and sleeping quarters for space
campers. The only thing standing in the way is $. But we believe God will supply our every need.

And to Gene from NASA, thanks so much for your open invitation to visit KFC. I was there for the
the first time in November 2001. It was a childhood dream come true for me and I hope to lead a
trip to KFC in the future as part of our NASSAC program. It was also there that I got the idea for
NASSAC. I was impressed by NASA's commitment to excellence and the value placed on human
life.  PLease tell the folks at NASA that we support and pray for the staff and the flight crews at
NASA. We are proud of NASA, its ideals and its accomplishments. We as a nation owe it to the men
and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to move forward and continue to explore the
cosmos. I also sense that same spirit in the people involved in the Orbiter forums.  

God bless all,

John

John

Reply #17 - 06 July 2003, 05:54:53

NASSAC Crew Picture from previous post

John

Offline Cracker

Reply #18 - 06 July 2003, 15:37:16
Dude,
Where's my DeltaGliderII?

Engineer involved in infrastructure improvement and repair.

Offline C3PO

Reply #19 - 29 July 2003, 20:16:39
Still way too quiet around here.

Is everyone still on vacation? Everyone but me, that is? :)

Well I finally got around to upload my picture ;)

Offline harmsway

Reply #20 - 29 July 2003, 21:52:21
I've  been  busy developing a new solar system. My son has joined me on this. He loves doing 3D
modeling so I have him working on some planet bases while I've been creating the planets. It's
going real slow since this is all new to both of us.

I'm trying to keep this project small so I can post it soon.

Gene

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #21 - 30 July 2003, 09:29:26
Nice pic I must say,

I wasn't haward that faroe Island had sent
astronaut on the moon ;)

Dan

Offline C3PO