See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pourquoi j'ai quitté le Baikonour Cosmodrome project ...  (Read 17420 times)

Offline Profil supprimé

Reply #50 - 20 October 2006, 23:33:33
I think this story started with a misunderstanding, perhaps because of my poor english.
Nevertheless i regret that the flamewar was opened immediatly, before discussions. Perharps an arrangment could
have been found but the agressivity of Zachtar against me was immediate. when he used an ultimatum against me i decided to quit the group because i hate ultimatum, it's a shame method. to quit this project for somes reasons is my right and that doesn't justify this agressivity.
Personnaly i think that the agressivity of Zach is a harm for the image of MSC. that can be better if you must moderate his bad charactere and sourness. He is younger yet.
It's a peaty, but for me it's not a problem for my project. My pad is not an addon for BCP, but an addon for Orbiter.

I wish a good luck too for the project BCP.
For me this incident is finish and close.

Message modifié ( 21-10-2006 00:18 )

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #51 - 21 October 2006, 00:01:06
robertsconley a écrit:
I wish Mustard the best of luck and hope that his Baikonur add-ons comes out great.
Rob Conley

Hello Rob,

Welcome here... as said mustard the basis of all this come from a
misunderstanding, it's sad for the project but that's life, things happen sometime.
Maybe an arrangment would have been found without zachstar's
lack of maturity but maybe not also. That's life also no drama here.

So I think that for everyone this is a closed case. We can all return to
our shared passion: Orbiter and making add-ons.

robertsconley a écrit:
But I support open source first as it is my opinion that the only way to make Orbiter the best tool that there is too
build off of the work of each other without restrictions.

Just a word about open source, all our add-on are closed source and
they doesn't sound too bad also,  do they ? ;) I respect open source
and I think your point of view is right but in my mind there is no systems
better than another. Each one have positif and negative point and each
one give equally great add-ons.

Finally the common point is add-ons maker , none system can work
without them and we need both system to please them all.

We wish you the best for your site and projects and thanks for your note here.

Dan

Message modifié ( 21-10-2006 00:43 )

Offline Urwumpe

Reply #52 - 22 October 2006, 11:56:54
Dan: I directed my "high german" comment on the matter on the social aspect of it. I have no problem with people going closed
source, as well as i don't have a problem to work open-source.

But i do get a huge problem if somebody needs to vent his problems with his team outside the team and at a place which is
usually not visited by most people of the team. Thats a pretty bad style.

For a project, which uses so many different components and has so many interactions like baikonur, a closed source approach
for each member of the team would not have worked out. Even if we ignore this aspect, the main trouble with mustards
development philosophy started already at the distribution politics. You can't do a team project and have all components
spread around in three different webservers, maybe even without being hosted on one of the major download sites (sourceforge,
Avsim, Orbithangar) at all. I wanted a simple single zip file as primary objective, with a single uniform license. Most other
people in the team had similar concepts of a community project (most differences are on which kind of license to use, I'd say)

Offline jacquesmomo

• Le budget !!!
  • Legend
  • Plus on rate, plus on a de chances de réussir !..
Reply #53 - 23 October 2006, 23:59:10
pour changer un peu pas de sujet mais de ton :
J'ai vu l'aut' jour qu'il y avait disponnible un "Russian Rocket Launch Facilities v2"

ahah me suis-je dis : l'idée de Mustard en a donné une autre à d'autre, ou est-ce du copiage (ne relançons pas le
débat, je ne le dis pas méchamment...)
En fait c'est  quelques textures et quelques cubes ah oui il y a aussi des cylindres...
Bref rien de quoi concurencer Mustard....

:badsmile:<--j'attends....

Mes add-ons sont là !

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #54 - 24 October 2006, 03:42:15
Urwumpe a écrit:
But i do get a huge problem if somebody needs to vent his problems with his team outside the team and at a place
which is usually not visited by most people of the team. Thats a pretty bad style.

Hello Urwumpe,

Mustard after announcing this addon to the french community should have been
silent about what is happening leaving the community here uninformed about the
devellopment of his project ? Mustard posted 5000 time here and should not speak
about important things that happened to his project ? sorry I cannot understand
your concern even more as there wasn't any bad things against you in Mustard's post.

I would have expected a perhaps more "comprehensive" post from you, It seem you're
still angry with this childish story and I deeply regret it as everyone here have given up now. (you're late)

There is no men death after all, it's only an addon. Mustard will continue in his corner
and your project will continue also. Finally nothing serious happened appart some bad word.

The post on the team's forum was really not correct, Jumping at four against one wich
is also not confident in english and being so rude against him is not fair at all,
that's a pretty bad style also I'm surprised that your only concern is still Mustard's
post here wich again, doesn't contain anything against you.

Again (and again) the root from this story come from a misunderstanding: Mustard never
thought at first about an open source project, he only wanted that you work both on parts
of this add-on and he was clear in his mind about the release method, you can see his
first announcment here about this project and you'll se I'm right.

So it's a bad luck and first a misunderstanding. No intentions to harm in any way.
I suggest now we all take it in a more mature way, forget hangriness and return to
work on ours respective add-ons.

Best,

Dan

Message modifié ( 24-10-2006 06:36 )

Offline McGlazd

Reply #55 - 24 October 2006, 05:12:29
But i do get a huge problem if somebody needs to vent his problems with his team outside the team and at a place which is
usually not visited by most people of the team. Thats a pretty bad style.

It is all about dedication to his community. Mustard explained us the in and the out of why he left this project. It wasn't
about to vent project's problems but rather to give us an explanation on a recent and occured event. There is a huge
difference. Moreover Mustard is free to do what he wants for his work and you are not entitled in anyway to be his
conscientious objector. This kind of behaviour has brought nothing to anyone. I perfectly understand and support Mustard
decision. Misunderstanding or not, this general aggressiveness will only bring the opposite of what you are looking for.
Nobody works under threats or ultimatum. Thats a pretty bad style...

Message modifié ( 24-10-2006 05:13 )

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #56 - 24 October 2006, 06:16:59
McGlazd a écrit:
Misunderstanding or not, this general aggressiveness will only bring the opposite of what you are looking for.

True.

Dan

Offline Profil supprimé

Reply #57 - 29 October 2006, 23:22:57
A priori il semblle que le projet que j'ai quité soit abendoné. Il a disparru du forum sur lequel il été hébergé.
Ils ont peut être conpris que tout le projet reposé principalement sur ce qu ej'avais fait. Ceci explique suremen tleur
colère et leur arcèllement de ces derniers jours. Qu'ils ne s'y prennents qu'à eux meme, ils ont joué aux conns, ils ont
tou perdu. Moi dans le même tenps ca progresse bien.
C'est dommage mais c'est eux qui ont fait en sorte qu'on en arive là.

Message modifié ( 29-10-2006 23:41 )

« Last Edit: 29 October 2006, 23:22:57 by Mustard »