See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: fspassengers.com went down  (Read 3234 times)

Offline hhaonn

15 February 2023, 17:01:20
Today I tried to go to the FsPassengers website, and there ...
Dans le but d'améliorer ses performances, ce site est actuellement en maintenance.
Merci pour votre compréhension.
Excuse me, if this thread is off topic, but since this is also Dan's project, I thought I'd report it here.
Either Dan came back and took over that site, or... Dan didn't come back at all.

Offline jacquesmomo

• Le budget !!!
  • Legend
  • Plus on rate, plus on a de chances de réussir !..
Reply #1 - 15 February 2023, 17:08:53
Excuse me, if this thread is off topic, but since this is also Dan's project, I thought I'd report it here.
Either Dan came back and took over that site, or... Dan didn't come back at all.
Unfortunately the last time Dan came here was June 11, 2021.
Since then, no more news...  :(

Mes add-ons sont là !

Offline Fireball

Reply #2 - 18 February 2023, 00:14:27
Well, I`m one of the (probably at least hundreds) frustrated flightsimmers that bought Dan`s Fspassengers, had to reeinstall the program recently and when I try to activate it I get the same sad information.
When  I try to acess his page "Dans le but d'améliorer ses performances, ce site est actuellement en maintenance. Merci pour votre compréhension." More than 2 weeks like this. I`ve bought his FSPASSENGERS X 2015 FOR FSX on 2020-09-24 . Now I`ve read quite a number of posts here and there on different forums that Dan`s probably "retired" for a non less number of reasons. That not the issue. Everybody has it`s own personnal problems. The real deal here is that it`s unloyal (to say the least) that one turn down one of the (probably hundreds) of good, honnest prople that put money in his pocket and now sees his money go dow the drain.
I don`t have a pirate copy of the product. I`m a legitimate buyer AND I CAN PROOVE IT. It`s simply outreageous that someone, for whatever reason, illegaly profit from other peolple faith and honesty.
I hope that Dan has at least the decency of find a way to allow  his product LEGITIMATE BUYERS to activate the product. That`s the least he can do to honour himself and all those who had allways support him.

Offline Maxorbiter

• LordCroussette
  • Legend
    • J'écris des fanfictions!
Reply #3 - 18 February 2023, 00:54:48
Well, I`m one of the (probably at least hundreds) frustrated flightsimmers that bought Dan`s Fspassengers, had to reeinstall the program recently and when I try to activate it I get the same sad information.
When  I try to acess his page "Dans le but d'améliorer ses performances, ce site est actuellement en maintenance. Merci pour votre compréhension." More than 2 weeks like this. I`ve bought his FSPASSENGERS X 2015 FOR FSX on 2020-09-24 . Now I`ve read quite a number of posts here and there on different forums that Dan`s probably "retired" for a non less number of reasons. That not the issue. Everybody has it`s own personnal problems. The real deal here is that it`s unloyal (to say the least) that one turn down one of the (probably hundreds) of good, honnest prople that put money in his pocket and now sees his money go dow the drain.
I don`t have a pirate copy of the product. I`m a legitimate buyer AND I CAN PROOVE IT. It`s simply outreageous that someone, for whatever reason, illegaly profit from other peolple faith and honesty.
I hope that Dan has at least the decency of find a way to allow  his product LEGITIMATE BUYERS to activate the product. That`s the least he can do to honour himself and all those who had allways support him.

Bloody hell calm down mate. I honestly haven't known Dan to be a dishonourable person. He wouldn't just 'steal' from his customers like you are accusing him of doing. If he really wanted more money in his pocket, shutting down his paid mod wouldn't be the way to do it, especially since this website with his free Orbiter addons is still up and running. Why would he shut down the website putting money in his pockets, as you say it, and leave the one that does the opposite up?

Now, I don't know why his fspassenger website is down or why his mod doesn't work, but I doubt very much he just 'chose to'. He wouldn't just close everything down for no good reason - and if he did, he would give his community an explanation why.

The line you shared about the website gives us a good explanation to what is happening. "Dans le but d'améliorer ses performances, ce site est actuellement en maintenance. Merci pour votre compréhension." means "This website is currently in maintenance to increase its performance. Thank you for your understanding."

It tells that the website is in maintenance, which is a good explanation why it is currently down. If fspassengers is anything like this website (orbiter.danseph.com), then it is likely at least 10 years old since the code was last updated, if not more. Dan's servers are likely outdated so, even if he does not intend to rewrite and update his website, his servers likely are being updated. It would certainly explain the "Better performance" line, or why both the website and the mod aren't working. They likely use the same server to identify legit users connecting to the mod. Hell, for exemple, francophone.dansteph.com, the Orbiter addon repository he opened for the community and last updated after orbiter.dansteph.com, still uses Flash Player, a plugin that isn't supported by any modern browsers!

The most likely conclusion is that fspassenger is ongoing upgrades to bring it up closer to the modern age. I wouldn't be surprised if this website followed after it in the following months. So, you will just have to wait and be patient for it to come back up.

If you really want an explanation from the man himself, then this website has a contact page. It's at the top where the button "Contact" is. Whether he'll see it and answer it, I don't know, but it is your best bet to get an explanation from DanSteph.

Offline Milouse

• Legend
Reply #4 - 18 February 2023, 11:30:31
Hello,

Sadly, after the "maintenance" message, an "error 404 not found" will follow, generally. :(

Milouse

Offline Edy

Reply #5 - 21 February 2023, 17:56:20
fspassengers.com is ok.

http://www.fspassengers.com/