See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DGIV at KSC runway 33 skids on takeoff  (Read 7013 times)

Offline Arvil

21 January 2021, 16:18:08
Been flying DGIV in O2016 for couple of weeks. Found one glitch; on takeoff whether manual or with ascend autopilot, the aircraft skids off the left of the runway usually into the water then I manage to get airborne. Recently destroyed the gear in one scenario. Any idea the cause and how to fix it? Thanks for your help.

Offline StarLost

Reply #1 - 22 January 2021, 04:06:32
DGIV was not written for O2016. It will work OK in most scenarios in 2016 but not all.

Dan is in the process of updating his addons for O2016. In the meantime I would suggest you either live with it as it is now or install a version of O2010. DGIV works just fine there.

Offline predattak

Reply #2 - 22 January 2021, 14:02:38
Also if somehow you don't know from where you can get the 2010 version (i had this problem when i deleted the 2010P1 years ago and recently i found out that the official orbiter website only has the 2016 version) you can get it from here:
https://www.orbithangar.com/orbiter.php

Offline SCEtoAUX

• 35,579 ft/s
  • Legend
  • You are GO to continue powered descent
Reply #3 - 25 January 2021, 00:53:54
Concerning the problem of skidding to the left, a simple way is to use the brake of the rear wheels of the DGIV by a small touch. The "," key for the left rear brake and the "." key for the right rear brake.

Conrad: I got three fuel cell lights, an AC bus light, a fuel cell disconnect, ACbus overload 1 & 2, Main Bus A & B out.
Carr: 12, Houston. Try SCE to auxiliary. Over.
Conrad: Try FCE to Auxiliary? What the hell is that? NCE to auxiliary..?
Carr: SCE ! SCE to Auxiliary!