See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DGIV for Orbiter 2016  (Read 9680 times)

Offline Aeasala

01 December 2020, 18:29:15
Hi everyone,

Don't mean to sound like a bother, but I'm curious if there is a *very* rough estimate on when the DGIV will be made compatible for Orbiter 2016?

Thanks!

Offline SCEtoAUX

• 35,579 ft/s
  • Legend
  • You are GO to continue powered descent
Reply #1 - 01 December 2020, 21:14:46
The ship itself works perfectly well under Orbiter 2016. Only a few features such as IMMu (i know it might be a lot) and UCGOs are not working properly.

Conrad: I got three fuel cell lights, an AC bus light, a fuel cell disconnect, ACbus overload 1 & 2, Main Bus A & B out.
Carr: 12, Houston. Try SCE to auxiliary. Over.
Conrad: Try FCE to Auxiliary? What the hell is that? NCE to auxiliary..?
Carr: SCE ! SCE to Auxiliary!

Offline Aeasala

Reply #2 - 01 December 2020, 22:16:07
Hm, it's been quite a while since I've touched Orbiter but I recall having issues landing the DGIV on the Moon.  The craft would call out altitudes several kilometres above the surface and "crash" when it reached what the ship thought was 0m above the surface (despite actually being several kilometres above the ground).  Not sure if I'm remembering everything correctly.

I think it was linked to the addition of elevation maps, but perhaps it was all just an issue on my end.

Offline SCEtoAUX

• 35,579 ft/s
  • Legend
  • You are GO to continue powered descent
Reply #3 - 02 December 2020, 00:22:48
You are right about the elevation problem on the Moon. This problem is still present. I invite you to take a look at this topic in order to keep you up to date with the evolutions that are in progress regarding compatibility under Orbiter 2016.

http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?topic=14499.0

I don't think there is even an approximate date of a possible release date but one thing is for sure, it will be a Tuesday.  ;)

Conrad: I got three fuel cell lights, an AC bus light, a fuel cell disconnect, ACbus overload 1 & 2, Main Bus A & B out.
Carr: 12, Houston. Try SCE to auxiliary. Over.
Conrad: Try FCE to Auxiliary? What the hell is that? NCE to auxiliary..?
Carr: SCE ! SCE to Auxiliary!