See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [News] Update of OrbiterSound - UMmu - UCGO for Orbiter 2016  (Read 173822 times)

Offline Schmidtrock

Reply #375 - 15 March 2021, 21:43:39
I’m always rooting for Dan with all of his awesome work! :beer: :wor:

Offline deny2k

Reply #376 - 18 March 2021, 00:31:35
I join my voice to all here saying thank you Dan for the hard work. I still enjoy Orbiter 2010 because of your add-ons. I plan on many hours of fun with the new version and new features. Cheers.

Offline NorbertOrbinaut

Reply #377 - 18 March 2021, 11:00:56
I'm using both. Orbiter 2010 (because of Dan's addons) and 2016. And I love to see Dan's work in Orbiter 2016. But I can wait. Yes, it's hard to wait, but I know that it's not Dan's job.

Thanx Dan !!

Offline yitianetie

Reply #378 - 02 April 2021, 13:19:25
We must consider that the current context is not easy for everyone but I am sure that Dan will come back when he will get some available time.

As for Martin, though he has not updated Orbiter Beta since September 2019, he seems to be still alive as I have discovered that he had published a scientific article in last november.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11548-020-02284-y

I hope he will continue to patch Orbiter Beta  :)

Offline PhantomFury

Reply #379 - 02 April 2021, 13:34:19
As for Martin, though he has not updated Orbiter Beta since September 2019

Whoa that is rather recent as Orbiter timeframe goes! I wonder if the next Orbiter version will see advances in capabilities of the engine as technologies have changed significantly in the last decade.

Offline EdWard2163

Reply #380 - 03 April 2021, 00:48:18
Let's get together and buy Dan some dodgecoin to thank him :)

Offline cougar

Reply #381 - 03 April 2021, 16:55:33
Come on Dan, give us an update on the work in progress, pleeeeeease!
Anything that will keep the spark of faith in us glowing will be greatly appreciated...
...a picture, a video or just a sign of life.
Best regards
Cougar

Offline joasita

Reply #382 - 18 April 2021, 19:46:17
Esperando genio ésa nave espacial gracia

Offline cougar

Reply #383 - 09 May 2021, 15:40:53
Guys, what´s up with you... let´s give Dan some cheers...

Hip hip hurray, long live Dan!!!  :beer:

...this site is way too quiet to keep Dan motivated...

Offline PhantomFury

Reply #384 - 10 May 2021, 13:49:23
The community as a whole is on the quiet side :)
But if it's uplifting people need, they shall get it!  :friend:

Offline Fabri91

• Personal website
Reply #385 - 10 May 2021, 16:04:46
We must consider that the current context is not easy for everyone but I am sure that Dan will come back when he will get some available time.

As for Martin, though he has not updated Orbiter Beta since September 2019, he seems to be still alive as I have discovered that he had published a scientific article in last november.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11548-020-02284-y

I hope he will continue to patch Orbiter Beta  :)

I hope so too, but seeing how he hasn't logged into OF for about 14 months (March 2020) doesn't make me too optimistic :\

Offline n72.75

Reply #386 - 10 May 2021, 16:28:58
Martin will be back. If I remember correctly, there was a long absence in between Orbiter 2006 and 2010. I'm sure Brexit and COVID are keeping him very busy.

Offline Fabri91

• Personal website
Reply #387 - 11 May 2021, 09:14:13
I really hope so - to be clear, I'm certainly not blaming the Doc or Dan for their other commitments, far from it - I am just really looking forward to improved versions of the "things" they developed, whether a new major Orbiter release or (especially) the updated addons shown by Dan.

Especially the new Arrow Freighter in O2016 is looking to be a thing of beauty.

Offline EdWard2163

Reply #388 - 08 June 2021, 23:09:16

Offline fgh97

Reply #389 - 09 June 2021, 12:42:32
When I am sad, I remember that one day there will be a release of UCGO for Orbiter 2016, and it makes the pain go away :beer:

Offline Steorra

Reply #390 - 10 June 2021, 15:59:40
May I just say that the combination of Dan Steph's and Martin Schweiger's work is still unparalleled in terms of its educational worth and simulator quality. It's such a shame that the upgrade to Orbiter 2016 caused so many problems in its development, I keep hoping that someone will fix the issues its had since no other developer has stepped up to create something in the same spirit.

I've been one of Dan's long-term paying customers, having brought his FS Passengers a few times over the years - all I have to ask really is why hasn't Dan Steph, Schweiger and Doug Beachy from the XR Fleet come together to create a paid product? If bugs were ironed out and it got published on Steam I'm sure this would sell like hot cakes, the modding community would grow and you would get the financial reward you deserve for undertaking this work!

In any case, I hope all is well with you Dan. We're all looking forward to the return of UCGO.

Offline EdWard2163

Reply #391 - 10 June 2021, 22:36:22
May I just say that the combination of Dan Steph's and Martin Schweiger's work is still unparalleled in terms of its educational worth and simulator quality. It's such a shame that the upgrade to Orbiter 2016 caused so many problems in its development, I keep hoping that someone will fix the issues its had since no other developer has stepped up to create something in the same spirit.

I've been one of Dan's long-term paying customers, having brought his FS Passengers a few times over the years - all I have to ask really is why hasn't Dan Steph, Schweiger and Doug Beachy from the XR Fleet come together to create a paid product? If bugs were ironed out and it got published on Steam I'm sure this would sell like hot cakes, the modding community would grow and you would get the financial reward you deserve for undertaking this work!

In any case, I hope all is well with you Dan. We're all looking forward to the return of UCGO.
I can only agree, you rock

Offline WolfAngriff

• Ouais, c'est ça ouais...
Reply #392 - 11 June 2021, 08:34:18
Hi !
I've spoken about this with Dan himself a few months ago, and the problem was that Dan didn't earn any money during the time he spent developing for Orbiter 2016. And he wasn't exactly happy to see how Orbiter 2016 stays without any upgrades and maintenance. We (the french-speaking community) don"t have any news from him since a long time now, but as Face said, he's probably developing for FS2020 and other things, as to put something in the fridge. The idea of a  commercial simulator is not a bad one for him, but he "disapeared" and the topic was left. It's frustrating to stay without knowing about him though.  As you all, i can just hope that he and his family are well and happy.

C'est pas parce qu'on a mis le pied dedans qu'il faut y mettre les mains (HFT)

Offline PhantomFury

Reply #393 - 11 June 2021, 14:29:49
Dan didn't earn any money during the time he spent developing for Orbiter 2016.

Dan worked on Orbiter 2016's development? This news to me! Makes me even more surprised that OrbiterSound wasn't a part of the vanilla experience. But I guess not being paid probably contributed to this as well.

Offline WolfAngriff

Reply #394 - 11 June 2021, 17:53:10
ooOOoooOOOOps !!! CORRECTION : ... during the time he spent developing UCGO update for Orbiter 2016 !

My bad !  :badsmile:

Offline PhantomFury

Reply #395 - 12 June 2021, 12:40:54
ooOOoooOOOOps !!! CORRECTION : ... during the time he spent developing UCGO update for Orbiter 2016 !

My bad !  :badsmile:

Oh! I see, thanks for the clarification! Also in regards to this "FS2020" you mentioned before as Dan's side project, what is it exactly?

Offline cougar

Reply #396 - 13 June 2021, 22:50:01
Do I understand it correctly that we are saying goodbye to Dan here.
Oh man, my worst fears are coming true!
At least let us give him by a well-deserved farewell:

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Long live Dan, hip hip hurray!

:wor: Thank you very much for so many exiting hours, days, weeks, months and years in space, Dan!  :wor:
                                                  :wor: I love you, man!  :wor:

:arg: At least my wife is happy having me back on earth....  :arg:
                :arg: ...doing the plumber work....  :arg:

Offline corondal

Reply #397 - 14 June 2021, 22:58:25
Do I understand it correctly that we are saying goodbye to Dan here.
Oh man, my worst fears are coming true!
At least let us give him by a well-deserved farewell:

Long live Dan, hip hip hurray!

:wor: Thank you very much for so many exiting hours, days, weeks, months and years in space, Dan!  :wor:
                                                  :wor: I love you, man!  :wor:

:arg: At least my wife is happy having me back on earth....  :arg:
                :arg: ...doing the plumber work....  :arg:

lets chill a bit more and see what happens Sry that pic is a little small, its Dan´s last activity

Offline WolfAngriff

Reply #398 - 15 June 2021, 19:35:03
Hello here.

I don't know if we're saying goodbye to Dan, and i hope we won't. He's the author of Passengers X for flight simulator, something that gives him some money, and he needed some. It's just a hypothesis, as i (we) don't have any fresh news since a loooong time. As Corondal says, let's chill out, cross fingers and give him some trust and patience.  :beer:

@Cougar : do the plumber my friend, an angry wife is way more dangerous than a Supernova !  :beer:  :badsmile:

Offline Ripley

• My Orbiter section on www.tuttovola.org
Reply #399 - 17 June 2021, 11:49:33
...I don't know if we're saying goodbye to Dan...
No, we are not.