Orbiter English > Orbiter English

Where is Dan? Where are the Updates?

(1/13) > >>

Chally:
Hi

I see no sign of Dan. No answers, nothing. That's pretty bad way to treat community.

I think an explanation is due...just that.

CS.

StarLost:
Ah, no.  If the history of Orbiter is anything to go by, Dan may be quietly working on an update but will only release a "quality" product ... which has always been worth the wait. While there is an "official" release of Orbiter 2016, a quick scan of the activity of Orbiter 2016 Beta shows that the current product is probably not sufficiently stable enough to warrant anything other than superficial treatment, certainly not conducive of a quality product that would please no-one.

As to "an explanation is due" ... perhaps a polite query would have been more appropriate, rather than the Trumpian tone that was employed. Certainly a pretty bad way to treat a community that you are just introducing yourself to.

Chally:
In other words, you don't know, like everyone else. But thanks for the reply!

Yes, ok, I can understand your reasoning why no updates have been released, but why no communication from him? It's been a year, and ...nothing?! That is just puzzling.

Perhaps a little rude, not intentional. But then why you use the word "Trumpian". It's an unnecessary reference to politics!

ceman:

--- Quote from: StarLost on 19 February 2017, 03:03:14 ---Ah, no.  If the history of Orbiter is anything to go by, Dan may be quietly working on an update but will only release a "quality" product ... which has always been worth the wait. While there is an "official" release of Orbiter 2016, a quick scan of the activity of Orbiter 2016 Beta shows that the current product is probably not sufficiently stable enough to warrant anything other than superficial treatment, certainly not conducive of a quality product that would please no-one.

As to "an explanation is due" ... perhaps a polite query would have been more appropriate, rather than the Trumpian tone that was employed. Certainly a pretty bad way to treat a community that you are just introducing yourself to.

--- End quote ---
so as far as helping the orbiter 2016 client along are we just supposed to test shit and send bug reports? who do we send bug reports to. the faster the kinks in o2016 are worked out the faster i can come back to orbiter from ksp cuz MUH ADDONS ;P. lmk.
Post Merge: 22 February 2017, 15:20:41
--- Quote from: Chally on 19 February 2017, 19:35:10 ---In other words, you don't know, like everyone else. But thanks for the reply!

Yes, ok, I can understand your reasoning why no updates have been released, but why no communication from him? It's been a year, and ...nothing?! That is just puzzling.

Perhaps a little rude, not intentional. But then why you use the word "Trumpian". It's an unnecessary reference to politics!

--- End quote ---
dude dansteph is around i posted in the french forums with him a month or so ago. hes obviously working on it but as original responder wrote, hes the type that works on it quietly. you have to remember how long it took the first few times. and o2016 w/ collision adds a lot of complexity for every single modder interacting with terrain in their mod.

jgrillo2002:

--- Quote from: Chally on 19 February 2017, 19:35:10 ---In other words, you don't know, like everyone else. But thanks for the reply!

--- End quote ---
Stop baiting the topic and turning it into a flame war. its not needed here. now with your question. Dan is around. He has a real life and you need to give him a break. if you are too impatient for a release of this addon which he spends his free time on, then play something else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version