See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Orbiter 2016  (Read 21802 times)

Offline darkvoid

19 October 2016, 17:01:39
Hi,

I don't see anything related to my problem.

I have installed new Orbiter 2016 and latest Orbiter sound, DGIV and UMMO.

I have lots of CTD. I thing they are not compatible with orbiter 2016!

Are there any news related to this?

Offline antoo

• Legend
  • MSFS ❤️
Reply #1 - 19 October 2016, 18:25:40
These mods are not fully compatible yet ;) .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"ET C´EST PARTI!!" Youri Gagarine au lancement de vostok 1 le 12 avril 1961

Offline StarLost

Reply #2 - 23 October 2016, 03:31:04
Go to Orbiter-Forum and take a look at the thread for addons that are working in 2016. There are quite a number of them that work for you.

History of Orbiter has suggested that it will take up to a year for addon developers to finish updating their previous works and not all of them do. If there is one addon that you particularly want, PM the appropriate author and ask where he is in his re-development.

StarLost

Offline darkvoid

Reply #3 - 24 October 2016, 12:48:37
Go to Orbiter-Forum and take a look at the thread for addons that are working in 2016. There are quite a number of them that work for you.

History of Orbiter has suggested that it will take up to a year for addon developers to finish updating their previous works and not all of them do. If there is one addon that you particularly want, PM the appropriate author and ask where he is in his re-development.

StarLost

Thank you, I had already been there.
Unfortunately that does not help me at all, because orbitersound and UMMU are essential to me, and are not working without ocasionals CTD :(

I'll go back to Orbiter 2010 and wait for news about an update version of them to 2016!

« Last Edit: 24 October 2016, 12:59:29 by darkvoid »

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #4 - 30 October 2016, 19:39:18
Yeah, Apart from Dan's stuff, I've never cared too much about addons. That said, I think that Dan's addons are so important they are what gives orbiter that extra bit of fun.

Offline McGalcri

Reply #5 - 20 May 2017, 22:30:39
I'll go back to Orbiter 2010 and wait for news about an update version of them to 2016!

Yeahhh!!. Only 3 month ago, I get my new computer (BEFORE: WinXP 32bits + Orbiter 2010, NEW: Win10 64bits) but i have some troubles  :sad:

In this new machine, my old Orbiter 2010 works but... really bad, really low FPS for any reason. Then I readed about to use DirectX 9 instead this new DirectX 12, but i have NO idea how to use it. Installed the DXD9 client, running from Orbiter NG (no graphics) but i have no video tag options and game dont want to run...

Maybe any of you can help me please. I prefer running Orbiter 2010 + Delta Glider IV+Arrow Freighter, than the new Orbiter 2016, only due the Delta and Arrow hehehe, I love them too much!! not mentioning, all my superbase in the moon... MADE ALL IN REAL TIME is now lost damit!

Offline Parnikkapore

Reply #6 - 21 May 2017, 02:01:13
By the way, I found no crashes in my setup of Orbiter 2016 + OrbiterSound + DGIV. But there are some things which will definitely crash...
  • Accesing the Radio/MP3 MFD
  • Switching to a UMMU
:music:

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #7 - 25 May 2017, 19:29:01
*knock knock* Who's there??

Legend no. 2, was it?

I have this habit of keeping slight tabs on Orbiter and Dan's page and see the 2016 version is out. Very much hoping Dan will find the time and energy to update his awesome addons - especially the Arrow. I've been dying to make some sort of a cinematic with it for ages. At some point in between I installed some beta version of Orbiter, which CTD'd all over the place. Got frustrated and shelved it all for another day.

I see StarLost and Freespace are still around!!! *fist bump* or whatever the youth does nowadays :D :D :D

Also a HUGE hello to Dan!!

Stay safe out there,
Doc

~~~

"Mood is a matter of choice. I choose to have fun!" -Vidmarism No 15

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #8 - 25 May 2017, 19:30:38
Holy crap, my signature is still here..... :)

Oh, and...

HAIL THE PROBE!!!

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #9 - 25 May 2017, 21:58:09
IT'S DOCHOLIDAY,
AND NOW FREESPACE!

Damn, someone open up a new GUPT cuz we're all about to go CRAZY, hahah!

(good to see you doc!)

I tried to email you some time ago about something not very important. I take it Vidmar.org was not meant to last the ages of the internet. :)

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #10 - 26 May 2017, 00:02:53
Eh, no idea. The mail is up and running, must have been a spam filter or something?

~~~

Offline StarLost

Reply #11 - 26 May 2017, 02:10:53
Holy s**t!! Doc, good to see you back around. I don't think there are many of the old crowd around but a few still are. I still keep in touch with most of our Russian colleagues but mainly through personal comm not through the forums.

I'm still flying around the Orbiter universe but have to spend more time with the little guy that has brought joy back into the life of this old dog. First grandson is now fourteen months old and driving his parents crazy. My training is paying off for my little piece of revenge on his father.

HOw are things in your part of the cosmos?

Cheers

Starlost

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #12 - 26 May 2017, 09:34:35
Hmm, well, I sent you a test email just now. We'll see what happens to it. I've been well. Relatively speaking. No complaints, apart from my local town deciding to support local UN agenda 21 by screwing up the roads with a bunch of pro green bull$h1t,, but that is a conversation and headache for another time.

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #13 - 26 May 2017, 09:52:32
Haha, got the mail. Yeh, lot of that going on these days... US, UK, EU... Must be that time of the century again. :) But, yeh, that's off-topic in this thread.

~~~

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #14 - 26 May 2017, 10:08:46
Now all we need is Dan to show up and say "Oh, now that Doc is back I can finally take that vacation from moderating the forums" :badsmile:

Offline DocHoliday

• Legend
Reply #15 - 26 May 2017, 10:13:11
Hell, no! As much as I'd like to, I am way too busy to breathe down people's necks on forums.

~~~