See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Orbiter 2016 is out!!  (Read 9933 times)

Offline Ripley

• My Orbiter section on www.tuttovola.org
30 August 2016, 16:56:38

Offline jacquesmomo

• Le budget !!!
  • Legend
  • Plus on rate, plus on a de chances de réussir !..
Reply #1 - 30 August 2016, 18:44:51
:hot: thanks for the news !!!

Mes add-ons sont là !

Offline antoo

• Legend
  • MSFS ❤️
Reply #2 - 30 August 2016, 19:39:21
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"ET C´EST PARTI!!" Youri Gagarine au lancement de vostok 1 le 12 avril 1961

Offline reekchaa

Reply #3 - 05 September 2016, 18:01:02
WOOOOO!  It's FUN TIME!  Put away KSP... It's ORBITER TIME!   :flower:
Of course it requires the "Essential Dan Steph's Orbiter Sound" Addon!   :wor: :love:

-+=> Reekchaa in the House!

~ the Reekchaa

Offline StarLost

Reply #4 - 05 September 2016, 21:52:58
For the most part, it still works in Orbiter 2016. Some boggles here and there. Some addons are problematic with it, but there should be nothing to keep you from flying with it while patiently waiting for Dan's usually awesome work.

Offline Hlynkacg

Reply #5 - 07 September 2016, 02:28:13
Has there been any word on when we can expect an updated UMMU and DGIV?

The current versions are giving me CTDs with Orbiter 2016.

Pardonnez mon mauvais français.

Offline Ripley

• My Orbiter section on www.tuttovola.org
Reply #6 - 12 September 2016, 22:59:05
Not yet.
Only this promise:
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?topic=13797.msg208218#msg208218

So I guess (hope) he also means UMMU, UCGO and DGIV.

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #7 - 13 September 2016, 19:31:17
Ah, Although I'm not in the Orbiter scene anymore, this sure brings back memories!

Perhaps this is a comeback? Who knows? I'll sure to download the new and improved Orbiter, but... I think I'll wait until there's a working Orbitersound to go with it. ;)

I seem to remember a time when the versions didn't take quite so long to come out... I know that it's getting bigger and better every time and it must surely be a massive headache to screw around with uploading the files everytime, but.. I kind of attribute the lack of interest to the lack of discussion that comes from lack of new material. :)

So.. Dan. What is a "hero member" and how can I get one? :badsmile:

Offline StarLost

Reply #8 - 20 September 2016, 05:17:57
So.. Dan. What is a "hero member" and how can I get one? :badsmile:

Hey Freespace! Long time, no see!  There just seems to be a few of us "originals" still around. I've got no idea what a "Hero Member" is either. I wouldn't mind knowing about the "Karma" classification, too.

Regards

StarLost

Offline freespace2dotcom

• Legend
Reply #9 - 22 September 2016, 13:28:47
Karma on forums tend to be related to how a person flags posts as spam, or if they act like a jerk to get temp banned or something. I can't imagine that that system would really be needed here. Especially since it seems the English side of Dan's forum has become the legacy afterthought.

I still have the picture of the treaty signed by the old gang (from the Orbiter Solar Nations roleplay that we did) I also talked to Krytom by chance on skype very briefly back when I was still in the Navy. Nowadays I actually mostly hang out on a forum belonging to an indie game developer group called Black Chicken Studios. It reminds me a bit of this forum in that there's a small community of posters from around the world.

I'd tell you about how life here has been, but then it would turn into a massive political rant, and unlike 10 years ago, I'm far, far more jaded and bitter over the state of the world. If I didn't have faith in God, I probably wouldn't have any hope for the future about the way things are turning out. My frustration is probably at a peak.