See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shuttle Fleet requests and discussions  (Read 13356 times)

Offline David413

08 October 2013, 00:02:51
Just in case you haven't realized it, any topic regarding the Shuttle Fleet has a very short half-life over at the Orbiter Forum; a post I notice earlier today has already been removed.  If you have any questions or requests regarding the Fleet, please be sure to post them on this (censorship-free) forum.  Thanks Dan for providing it!

« Last Edit: 08 October 2013, 01:40:52 by David413 »

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #1 - 08 October 2013, 00:20:02
No problem David as long as it remain a free space to discuss Shuttle Fleet and not an flame war topic, you are welcome.

What you may do is to change the title to "[no censorship] Shuttle Fleet Discussion" or even better "Shuttle Fleet Free Discussion". As the title is now I don't think it will attract many Shuttle Fleet fan ;)

Offline David413

Reply #2 - 08 October 2013, 01:41:22
Changed as suggested; good idea Dan.  Thanks!

Offline Face

Reply #3 - 10 October 2013, 15:54:38
Just in case you haven't realized it, any topic regarding the Shuttle Fleet has a very short half-life over at the Orbiter Forum; a post I notice earlier today has already been removed.

I'm not sure what Orbiter Forum you are talking about. Just for the record, though: orbiter-forum.com is not censoring Shuttle Fleet topics, and no (even remotely related) post was removed by the staff in the last month or so. We even encourage people to go here and/or look at the current download sites if the question shows up: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=440040&postcount=244 .

regards,
Face

Offline StarLost

Reply #4 - 11 October 2013, 06:01:15
removed by me

« Last Edit: 14 October 2013, 17:05:16 by StarLost »

Offline Face

Reply #5 - 11 October 2013, 13:07:00
I've been around since very near the beginning. The current Orbiter-forum and it's progenitor have had a history of censoring certain subjects and persons along with running rather fast and loose with their interpretation of their rules. That's okay as far as it goes, it's their forum. Just damned glad there is an alternative that takes a somewhat more mature and sophisticated world view.
I have also been around since the beginning, and as you might know I am a moderator there since a while. What I said is a fact, not an opinion: orbiter-forum.com is not censoring Shuttle Fleet topics, and no (even remotely) Shuttle Fleet related post has been removed in the last month or so.

I also think that O-F has a mature and sophisticated world view, and this not despite, but especially because I see what goes on behind the curtains "over there".

But anyway, this should be about David's Shuttle Fleet, not a flame-war against O-F, right? I merely reassured that orbiter-forum.com is not censoring and not willy-nilly removing posts, should David mean another Orbiter forum (which was not immediately clear to me).

David, would you prefer a general redirection of Shuttle Fleet questions? If so, I'd forward this to the other staff members, so we can answer appropriate questions with a direct link to this thread here.

regards,
Face

Offline jgrillo2002

Reply #6 - 13 October 2013, 07:52:42
Moderation: This message was reported by this user and removed.

Offline SolarLiner

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • a été remercié par Le Créateur
Reply #7 - 13 October 2013, 11:28:55
What Dan said: "As long as this thread is not a flame war"

Dudes, I understand your povs but hey, SF is a really good add-on and we should help David instead of arguing on what's done at OF. I think we can create a topic, or even separate these posts and create an OF discussion with them (the moderators have the power), but please stay here on topic  ;)

Cheers! :beer:

Offline StarLost

Reply #8 - 13 October 2013, 13:04:39
removed by me

« Last Edit: 14 October 2013, 17:06:15 by StarLost »

Offline Face

Reply #9 - 13 October 2013, 15:54:17
What Dan said: "As long as this thread is not a flame war"

Dudes, I understand your povs but hey, SF is a really good add-on and we should help David instead of arguing on what's done at OF.

+1 on this. And as already written, I am sure we can make it best practice on O-F to redirect Shuttle Fleet questions to this thread, if David wants to have them all in one place here. I think this would be helpful.

regards,
Face

Offline David413

Reply #10 - 13 October 2013, 16:07:51
Just in case you haven't realized it, any topic regarding the Shuttle Fleet has a very short half-life over at the Orbiter Forum; a post I notice earlier today has already been removed.

I'm not sure what Orbiter Forum you are talking about. Just for the record, though: orbiter-forum.com is not censoring Shuttle Fleet topics, and no (even remotely related) post was removed by the staff in the last month or so. We even encourage people to go here and/or look at the current download sites if the question shows up: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=440040&postcount=244 .

regards,
Face

Given your post, my apologies.  Perhaps the original poster of the message I saw removed it themselves.  I haven't been around O-F much of late but in the space of less than one day I saw a message and then it was gone.  Perhaps I jumped to the wrong conclusion entirely too quickly.  Again, my apologies...and best wishes, Face, you're one of the "good guys" over there and I've known that for quite some time!

Offline Face

Reply #11 - 13 October 2013, 17:36:04
Given your post, my apologies.  Perhaps the original poster of the message I saw removed it themselves.  I haven't been around O-F much of late but in the space of less than one day I saw a message and then it was gone.  Perhaps I jumped to the wrong conclusion entirely too quickly.

Thanks for clarifying this.

So what do you think about my proposal with the general redirect to this thread? Would you want this to happen?

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #12 - 13 October 2013, 18:26:47
If you choose this solution I can clean this thread so we restart fresh. (But I'm not sure to understand why this thread could not live at O-F if the "censorship" problem is not a real problem ?)  :mouais:

Anyway you're welcome.  :explique:

Offline Cras

Reply #13 - 16 October 2013, 22:21:42
As I fly Shuttle Fleet very very very regularly, I am more than happy to talk about things like requests and questions for it here.   Also if you ever are in need help in testing new things out, more than happy to help out there.

Would prefer to have the thread here though imo.    Shuttle Fleet threads have a way of being hijacked on O-F buy the usual suspects.

There are some quirks in SF that I have found...I call them quirks not bugs because really, they are probably not seen by most people, you kinda really have to look really close at the model and animation closely, or use the MFDs in ways that most people probably do not.   

How would you like to see such requests/reports posted?   Paragraphs or more of a form to it, which ever is easiest for you to get and log the info.

Anyway, glad you are still around and looking to continue development of Shuttle Fleet.   I appreciate it as it is really the only viable option for people looking to get a solid flight using the Shuttle's unique capabilities in orbiter.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline Marg

Reply #14 - 17 October 2013, 22:25:50
So I wanted to write down some notes.
Nothing to complain though, just noticed - after MECO, ET mesh switches back to "unburnt" tank...
Payload bay doors are a bit off if fully opened (rotation points), but these are small issues.
No more observations of something odd at this point - no doubts that 4.8 is very good version od SF.  :)

Offline Cras

Reply #15 - 17 October 2013, 23:11:00
I dont recall seeing that happen with the ET myself, next launch I will keep an eye out for it.  But yes, I have noticed the PLB door rotation thing, that is about the only 'bug' I would report in version 4.8   There is an issue where grappled objects sort of float in the end effector while moving the RMS around, but I have not figured out the exact parameters of when it happens, I see it mainly though when I have the OBSS grappled.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline Kendo

Reply #16 - 02 December 2013, 10:13:02
David, someone at OH asked for a link to your Aircraft fleet which I gave him. But he wants it for 2006. Is there a separate download for this or does the 2010 download still work for 2006. Thanks, Ken.

Doesn,t matter now David, thanks.

« Last Edit: 06 December 2013, 02:56:50 by Kendo »

Offline David413

Reply #17 - 09 December 2013, 21:16:08
Sorry for the late response; be busy working on a new MFD for the fleet and just now saw the post.  Hope all worked out okay.

Offline Kendo

Reply #18 - 10 December 2013, 06:37:57
Thanks for your reply David, your new project sounds interesting.

« Last Edit: 10 December 2013, 06:58:37 by Kendo »

Offline Cras

Reply #19 - 26 December 2013, 18:43:12
A new MFD for the Fleet?   That sounds great, thanks for continuing to develop SF.   You need help testing it please let me know.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline David413

Reply #20 - 27 December 2013, 13:55:55
Thanks for the offer; I'll let you know.  I've been flying rendezvous about five times a day working through development of the MFD and soon I need to complete the documentation and tutorial for it's use, then I may need some testing.  I thought it was ready a couple of weeks ago, and then I discovered some issues with RPOP MFD as well as the shuttle.dll itself that needed some work as did the GPCMFD.  All of these appear to be fixed, and I've just about got the orbit targeting where I want it.

I'll let you know...

Dave

Offline Cras

Reply #21 - 29 December 2013, 17:30:40
Rendezvous?  oh wow that is exciting stuff.  Right now I fly the rendezvous profile using a script but it will be great to be able to use a specifically made MFD.  This is going to be a great addition to the SF package.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline orbitermat

• Legend
  • Man must explore.
Reply #22 - 29 December 2013, 18:19:57
This looks amazing! :top: