See site in english Voir le site en francais
Website skin:
home  download  forum  link  contact

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Please test the new Orbiter Addon's site  (Read 9595 times)

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
27 September 2013, 02:13:31
Hello All,

The new Francophone addon web site is almost completed, I need some tests and report of eventual typo that are in the english version. See here: http://francophone.dansteph.com/

Much thanks for any report/test :wor:

Note: Only members can acceed yet, if you want to test posting addon you are granted to do so even if you are not french. After the test I'll delete the database and upload the real addons anyway

« Last Edit: 27 September 2013, 11:55:52 by DanSteph »

Offline jgrillo2002

Reply #1 - 28 September 2013, 00:20:26
All tests look good here from the US

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #2 - 28 September 2013, 00:34:52
No typo ? wow :badsmile:

Thanks anyway

Offline StarLost

Reply #3 - 28 September 2013, 13:42:44
Hi, Dan.  Looks really good. Maybe a couple of very minor grammatical corrections.

Try this couple of corrected paragraphs:

"This web site emphasizes the addons of the Orbiter French community. Small but active, our group has produced many excellent addons. So this is not an alternative to the well-known Orbit Hangar but an addition (most addons being present on both sites).

It contains also many Orbiter tutorials in French. You can meet all the authors of the French community on this forum (Most of them speak English quite well)"

Like I said, just very minor changes.

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #4 - 28 September 2013, 16:01:30
Try this couple of corrected paragraphs:

Corrected, let me know if you find anything else.

Much thanks :beer:

Offline StarLost

Reply #5 - 30 September 2013, 02:14:45
As always, Dan, wonderful work. That page is fine enough.  Just a small warning to some Orbinauts who may be using Google Chrome. If you are using an automatic translator, it may garble the English version of the page. I would recommend just viewing the original page.

I followed a couple of links. Downloads work just fine. When I looked at the instructions for installing Orbiter, I noticed that your buttons remain "en francais" (a very minor point to me). Also, the link to Trevor John's T3 tutorial just takes you to the download page. You have not yet re-posted that download. I hope you do. Even dated, it's an Orbiter classic. Most of the Orbiter sites that advertise it's availability have old, dead links. After quite a bit of searching, I tracked down the original two zip files here:  http://members.iinet.net.au/~trevorjohns/

It wouldn't hurt if we had a second place to download it from.

Cheers, mate. 

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #6 - 30 September 2013, 02:44:33
I followed a couple of links. Downloads work just fine. When I looked at the instructions for installing Orbiter, I noticed that your buttons remain "en francais" (a very minor point to me).

Yep, that's because only french authors of this community will post addons there, hence all the upload texts are in french. (and the php code was much simpler to do :badsmile:, plain text help more to read code than language variable)

That's the code of only the "post addon" page  :trucdeouf: (same number of line for the "post tutorials")

e link to Trevor John's T3 tutorial just takes you to the download page.

Yep's that's because the full tutorial exist in french with a annotated video of the flight, you should see the download page in french to see it: http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?page=download&language=french

The T3G was a must, my version was recently updated for Orbiter 2010, I'm affraid the original is a bit outdated.

Much thanks for test & comment

Cheers

Offline jgrillo2002

Reply #7 - 13 October 2013, 19:44:08
I like to add that I think the english community deserves to upload their addons to the site also. I looked at the upload page and its in french, so I dont understand what it says but I can make up some words our on what it says

Offline StarLost

Reply #8 - 14 October 2013, 14:37:15
For the most part I think we are well served by OrbitHangar, though some attention needs to be made to keep links current. Perhaps authors could/should inform OrbitHangar so that timely changes can be made. I kind of like the separation of addon sites, it's easier to sort through.

Grillo ... what browser are you using? When I'm surfing sites in languages other than English, I usually use Chrome. My version provides an automatic translation that is quite usable.

Offline DanSteph

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Hein, quoi !?
    • FsPassengers
Reply #9 - 14 October 2013, 14:40:46
Well as said in the intro this is not an alternative to OrbitHangar but a site that emphasis the francophon community's addon. This is why the upload part is only in french, only french speaking people can post addons. Sorry.

Offline SolarLiner

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • a été remercié par Le Créateur
Reply #10 - 14 October 2013, 18:22:06
When I'm surfing sites in languages other than English, I usually use Chrome. My version provides an automatic translation that is quite usable.
Google Translator is quite good at doing French -> English as what I saw. But still this is a place for french addons, so no alternative to OHM as Dan said. ;)

Offline Face

Reply #11 - 14 October 2013, 20:40:30
Google Translator is quite good at doing French -> English as what I saw.

I can second that. Especially for reading and capturing the essence of the discussion, it is really sufficient. I often skim the french forums, and as it seems, the french community is currently the most active in terms of OMP. Who knows, maybe I even manage to learn a bit of the language with the aid of the translator.  ;)

Offline StarLost

Reply #12 - 15 October 2013, 17:38:24
Google Translator is quite good at doing French -> English as what I saw.

I can second that. Especially for reading and capturing the essence of the discussion, it is really sufficient. I often skim the french forums, and as it seems, the french community is currently the most active in terms of OMP. Who knows, maybe I even manage to learn a bit of the language with the aid of the translator.  ;)

Be careful with that thought. No translator program makes a good teaching aid, they just can't handle the grammatical requirements. With the major languages they are OK, but with others, not so much. Try Irish Gaelic and see what it does to you.

Offline Face

Reply #13 - 15 October 2013, 17:51:53
Be careful with that thought. No translator program makes a good teaching aid, they just can't handle the grammatical requirements. With the major languages they are OK, but with others, not so much. Try Irish Gaelic and see what it does to you.

Oh, I am always careful with my thoughts ;) . Given that I see french as major language, anyway, at least some words will take their place in my head due to the OK translator.

Why should I try Irish Gaelic (those incredible long words/names are common there, right)? Do we have such a download area (or forum) here?  :wonder:

Offline Cras

Reply #14 - 16 October 2013, 22:11:33
late reply, but the new site is looking real nice.   Nice stuff, love how easy it is to go through the catagories and browse.

Orbiter | SSMS2007 | FSX

Offline NASSAC

Reply #15 - 01 November 2013, 06:01:45
Test worked fine, was able to download Saturn 5 AMSO from the link provided. Nice job on the site.

NASSAC DIRECTOR
John